Double Header Threader - Knicks V Pacers March 16 @ 7:30 - March 17 @ 7:00

+ Rep Poll: How many blocks will Chandler have tonight?

• Total voters

smokes

Huge Member
If it comes down to the last shot I hope we get the ball to Chandler. After all he has the highest shooting% in history going on this season.

Highest dunk%* :lol:

If we get Chandler open underneath sure but the reason Chandler is shooting like 70% for the season is because about 69% of his shots are open dunks :teeth:

VeryGundy

Benchwarmer
Its nice to have so many options :thumbsup:

It's nice to be on a winning streak again.

This is a team loaded with talent. With proper coaching, I don't see why Knicks can't be in the Eastern Conference Final. We do need to move up to 6th seed to get past the first round though.

Happy St Paddy's Day. Let the drinking begin.

gaknickfan

Benchwarmer
I don't hate Lin. I just don't believe the hype. I see him as average at best while You and the rest of Skip Bayliss crew of bandwagoners see him as M.J..

i do see ur point in that he`s not as great as the media make him out to be .....BUT average at best???? for essentially a rookie?? does he need to improve??? no doubt !!! but for what we all have witness ??? average??? enjoy him while we can .....for we may never see a story like this again

LeFlume

All Star
Just curious, why can't you be happy when Knicks finally had a ray of hope even if it is overhyped?

I'm very happy ...I still don't believe the hype tho...but that and hating is not the same thing..I guess when you're on the bandwagon you can't see that. It's the same in Denver with Tebow. His fans don't get it either.

KnickKnack

Rookie
Do we have a top 3 clutch performer on our club? Not this season, we don't.

Having said that, I like how late in the fourth quarter, Woody had Melo running the point. I don't necessarily want Melo to take the last shot tonight. He is having his worst shooting season, a good 5 points below his average.

If today's game came down to the last shot, the ball should be in Lin's hand and station Novak or JR on the wing for the open 3.

Agree and disagree. Lin has shown signs of clutch, and it doesn't just come down to one shot usually, but the entire 4th quarter (even though he's hit some big shots this year).

I didn't mind Melo running the point today, but I don't necessarily like it if the game was tied, or we was down by 2. Melo is solid in the post, so having him bring the ball up just wastes time off the shot clock, and doesn't allow him to quickly get in position, or look for a mis match.

Overall, I feel we have 3 solid players that can take over in the 4th - stat, melo, and yes - Lin. Lin is a threat now, and his consistency overall is improving.

In order of clutchiness:

Melo - Post up and iso
Lin - Off the pick and roll
Stat - Off the pick and roll

We got a lot of choices, i'm just glad we got them.

smokes

Huge Member
I'm very happy ...I still don't believe the hype tho...but that and hating is not the same thing..I guess when you're on the bandwagon you can't see that. It's the same in Denver with Tebow. His fans don't get it either.

The hype is extreme, painting him as an all star, he ain't there yet and won't be for at least another year or two.

To say he's just an average PG is not really accurate either, he's above average, especially for essentially a rook.

If we didn't have Lin we would be screwed right now. That's not hype that's fact.

gaknickfan

Benchwarmer

the differents .... we all hear of tebow heisman trophy winner ....I never hear of Lin

VeryGundy

Benchwarmer

You don't sound happy, just saying. Before Linsanity, everything about the Knicks was depressing. This was a team going nowhere fast and with no light at the end of the tunnel.

I enjoyed Linsanity but mostly I enjoyed Lin's youthful exuberance. The 10-day long Linsanity was a bravura performance that I've never experienced as a Knicks fan dating back to Willis Reed days. Just be glad you were there.

GoKnicks!

Benchwarmer
You don't sound happy, just saying. Before Linsanity, everything about the Knicks was depressing. This was a team going nowhere fast and with no light at the end of the tunnel.

I enjoyed Linsanity but mostly I enjoyed Lin's youthful exuberance. The 10-day long Linsanity was a bravura performance that I've never experienced as a Knicks fan dating back to Willis Reed days. Just be glad you were there.

That's because LeFume's probably slightly racist, or he has a secret crush on asian boys...

VeryGundy

Benchwarmer
Overall, I feel we have 3 solid players that can take over in the 4th - stat, melo, and yes - Lin. Lin is a threat now, and his consistency overall is improving.

In order of clutchiness:

Melo - Post up and iso
Lin - Off the pick and roll
Stat - Off the pick and roll

We got a lot of choices, i'm just glad we got them.

I was talking about the last shot but in the 4th quarter of a close game, either Melo or Lin can run the point. Melo is an extremely gifted passer for a big man.

On the last shot, I won't run a Melo iso or Lin PnR. Too predictable and easy to defend. I'd inbound the ball to Tyson and have him hand off to Lin on a curl. Put JR or Novak on the wing. Simple play and low risk of TO.

GoKnicks!

Benchwarmer
I was talking about the last shot but in the 4th quarter of a close game, either Melo or Lin can run the point. Melo is an extremely gifted passer for a big man.

On the last shot, I won't run a Melo iso or Lin PnR. Too predictable and easy to defend. I'd inbound the ball to Tyson and have him hand off to Lin on a curl. Put JR or Novak on the wing. Simple play and low risk of TO.
That's because LeFume's slightly racist, or he has a secret crush on asian boys...

I'm not trippin lin and am on no bandwagon. I just accept he's good as you got to accept you have some sort of bias against him that you not mentioning.

skisloper

Starter
The Lovefest between Melo and Lin is making me smile....

Lin's classic moment of the game.....Him and Granger yapping at each other then on the very next play he boxes granger out and granger is called for the foul.......thats a f;kin top class competitor.........

skisloper

Starter
sorry just to add Kudos to Woodson for making Amare play decent Defense and for Melo's hustle and only a few lapses......

Great win.

wian

Benchwarmer
I am Loving Linsanity ! :smokin:

And it couldn't have happed to a nicer bloke ! he deserves it big time !

Best thing that ever happened to our team ! :peace:

Let's just hope we can ruffle a few feathers and cause some serious damage in the playoffs !

Ok, ok I admit it.... I cheated on the Chandler block poll lol... It was too tempting to pass up :)

Another great win tonight, Lin played very well, I loved the team effort on D and all the hustle. One thing that was extremely impressive is that when Indiana cut the lead to 1, and ended the 3rd quarter down by just 3, the Knicks did not cave in. In the past they would have collapsed under that adversity. Not tonight- they battled, didn't give up, and held Indiana to just 14 fourth quarter points. That's coming up big when it matters the most. You have to like what you see right now from the Knicks. Let's get this "winnable" home game coming up against Toronto and keep it going!!

Sons of Thunder

Benchwarmer
Ok, ok I admit it.... I cheated on the Chandler block poll lol... It was too tempting to pass up :)

Another great win tonight, Lin played very well, I loved the team effort on D and all the hustle. One thing that was extremely impressive is that when Indiana cut the lead to 1, and ended the 3rd quarter down by just 3, the Knicks did not cave in. In the past they would have collapsed under that adversity. Not tonight- they battled, didn't give up, and held Indiana to just 14 fourth quarter points. That's coming up big when it matters the most. You have to like what you see right now from the Knicks. Let's get this "winnable" home game coming up against Toronto and keep it going!!

Careful there!

Cuckoo

Benchwarmer
Man, I'm noticing a couple of you guys stay hatin...

Hating on melo..If not melo..

Lin. If not Lin...

Stat.

The only thing you guys should care about is the Knicks winning. We've won 3 in a row guys, and we're almost back to .500. Give the guys above a break for a while, they've been playing their hearts out.

I thought this was a forum for Knick lovers and enthusiasts, not haters??

STOP HATIN'
:agreed::agreed:

Haha...the haters today sounded just like the pacers fan forum. I checked out their game thread after the game and thought I was still at knicksonline.
http://www.pacersdigest.com/showthread.php?t=70723&page=11

How many teams wish they can pick up a Lin-type of player off waiver and pay him less than a mil?
Just be happy that knicks have such a player in Lin for virtually nothing. Actually make a whole lot of money by selling of Linsanity Tshirts, and not to mention the income from extra televised game all over the world.

If you consider Lin as a rookie, and who, from 2011 draft picks, have better stats than Lin? The answer is no one! I believe only #1 overall draft, Kyle Irving, has the similar stats as him.

Just be happy and stop hating!