Bobcats: Exhibition will be a welcome change

newmove

Rotation player
RICK BONNELL
Practice, scrimmage, scrimmage, practice. It's becoming monotonous and counter productive for the Charlotte Bobcats. So Thursday night's first exhibition against the Washington Wizards can't come soon enough.

"It's time to start using games as a barometer," coach Bernie Bickerstaff said before Tuesday night's intra-squad scrimmage at the Charlotte Coliseum. "There's just so much you can get out of practice, and we've exhausted that."

Bickerstaff said the best use of the eight exhibitions is figuring out which players complement each other. For instance, he suspects center Primoz Brezec can play with any of the other big men, while Jahidi White and Brandon Hunter might be too similar to play together well.
>>>

teslawlo

Benchwarmer
Well I hope they score more than 80 points in the exhibition and they prove me wrong about my thoughts on this dangerously young team!

newmove

Rotation player
Yeah, it's their chance I guess.
Btw, do you think Okafor will be able to perform at this level? Because of what I've seen of him from the Olympics didn't impress me at all...

teslawlo

Benchwarmer
Well sitting on the bench doesn't impress most people ;)
I think Okafor will evolve into a solid force on defense (which he already is partially) and decent on the offense. Less potential than Dwight Howard but a solid player in his own right. I believe this year as a rookie he will be able to average at least 14 ppg, 8 rpg, and 1.5 bpg. I could be wrong but he is a great player now and in the future.

newmove

Rotation player
;)

Well, if he goes 14/8/1,5 he'll definitely win rookie of the year award. Yeah, there's a potential in him but I think it'll depend oh his health. Like his's twisted his ankle not even been playing at Olympics... And when it comes to NBA it's even more pressure than on Olympics or wherever else. It just seems to me he might end as Grant Hill, hopefully I'm wrong.

newmove

Rotation player
Yeah, and that's a surprising thing as for me... Cuz I thought they would suck.
Well, good luck to them in the future!

rady

Administrator
Staff member
well, they didn't played the lakers to say they don't suck :)
of course, the result shows that the game was very tight, looks like both teams struggled, and offered the public a nice 2OT show

newmove

Rotation player
If they played the lakers they would've riped la...
I mean lakers are so weak now, they even lost the opener to some crappy seattle (no disrespect but..). Since big fella's gone, Payton and d-fish moved to a new teams it's gonna be all different for la. I don't think they are even gonna make the playoffs this year.