Trade Deadline thread!

Wargames

Starter
only clear winners i see are the clippers and Lakers

The likely winners are the Spurs, The Wizards, maybe the Nuggets

The losers today we're the Nets (is Wallace worth a top 10 pick in a stacked draft? No he is not), The trailblazers (they traded the wrong people) , and the rockets (who just went older I suppose to be able to appreciate brunch more). Especially considering players still count against the cap even after they retire.....

smokes

Huge Member
only clear winners i see are the clippers and Lakers

The likely winners are the Spurs, The Wizards, maybe the Nuggets

The losers today we're the Nets (is Wallace worth a top 10 pick in a stacked draft? No he is not), The trailblazers (they traded the wrong people) , and the rockets (who just went older I suppose to be able to appreciate brunch more). Especially considering players still count against the cap even after they retire.....

I dunno about Wallace. He's inconsistent in POR but he can put up beast performances pretty regularly and POR have been terrible this year. Plus they had PGs with no clue how to run the offense. Alongside D-Will and some decent bigs I think Wallace will shine. They needed to do something to appease D-Will.

You think the Spurs won by acquiring Stephen Jackson? I guess Jefferson sucks but Jackson is pretty washed up by this point. I think GSW won with this trade as they had no need for Jackson (they have Klay) and their SF spot has no depth.

Plus obviously Orlando won big time and Nets lost big time over D12.

skisloper

Starter
I dunno about Wallace. He's inconsistent in POR but he can put up beast performances pretty regularly and POR have been terrible this year. Plus they had PGs with no clue how to run the offense. Alongside D-Will and some decent bigs I think Wallace will shine. They needed to do something to appease D-Will.

You think the Spurs won by acquiring Stephen Jackson? I guess Jefferson sucks but Jackson is pretty washed up by this point. I think GSW won with this trade as they had no need for Jackson (they have Klay) and their SF spot has no depth.

Pacers an already good team added Barbosa and gave up only money.....so that was a smart move......

Nets pulled a Knicks move and gave up a #1 pick........D-Will has had a few injuries this year so if does not stay healthy then adding Wallace with the hopes of a possible playoff birth is just a lost cause.....

I wonder if the Knicks even tried to move TD for a pick....wish they did.....

Wargames

Starter

I forgot about the Pacers and yeah I guess its winning because barbosa would be better than anyone they could of likely have gotten with a second round pick. However he is likely a rental. On another note of course the pacers add a dude who gave the knicks trouble but who knows maybe these new knicks can slow him down.

As for Stephen Jackson I look at it like this. He was part of a championship team for the Spurs before and knows they're system. A team like the Spurs are made up of talented veterans who can play Pop's system. Jefferson was never able to play well in Pop's system and he failed defensively most nights. So its at worse a wash trade wise. As for RJ he is just another defensively challenged player on the warriors. Also RJ's deal is a year longer than Captain Jack.

TruOrngnBlu

Benchwarmer
Dammit MAYUN!!

The Barbosa and Ellis trades could spell B I G trouble for the Knicks with hopes to get into the playoffs.

No need to wait the trouble starts TONIGHT!!!

We Play the Pacers 3 more times (2x this weekend) this season and barbosa can only help the Pacers.

We need the Bucks to lose as many games as possible, but Ellis returning to Golden sate tonight .....He's sure to get busy and pull out a big win for his new team.

BTW we play the Bucks twice more as well.

Makes it tough!!:eek:hboy:

Paul1355

All Star

people forget that Gerald Wallace use to be all time defensive player plus put up 17 ppg, he was a type of shawn marion or Ron Artest type.

Wallace is a great player but he was with a bad coach and a bad situation in Portland. Wallace was great for the Bobcats.

Worth a top 10 pick? I think so.

Even though a draft is stocked, you know what u get out of wallace, and u can miss with a draft pick.

Nets got a legit starter and with Williams his production will go up.