Greg Oden Waived

smokes

Huge Member
Could be a good backup to Tyson Chandler when healthy. It's not like we need him but he could come in useful. Whaddayathink?

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Wow. What's the reasoning for this?

I'd offer him a contract.

He might be better off going to Phoenix with their medical staff, plus that would be big for them if he gets healthy.

smokes

Huge Member

I'd offer him a contract.

He might be better off going to Phoenix with their medical staff, plus that would be big for them if he gets healthy.

Apparently they had to waive him to make room for their new acquisitions... Not really sure.

I guess he probably wouldn't take the vet minimum to play here this season and next though. Sure would be nice however.

Wargames

Starter
you guys want to sign the player who continues to need surgery just to walk????!!?!? I don't want that guy's bad mojo anywhere near Amare's Knees.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Apparently they had to waive him to make room for their new acquisitions... Not really sure.

I guess he probably wouldn't take the vet minimum to play here this season and next though. Sure would be nice however.
What does waiving a player mean for cap space for a team?

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
Wiki quote: "On March 15, 2012, Oden was waived by the Blazers in an effort to create room on the roster for trade acquisitions. The next day, Oden stepped outside his house. Upon the sun hitting him, collapsed in a heap grabbing his knee, and soon disintegrated into ashes leaving behind a knee-less skeleton."

:lol:

Oden hasn't played hoops since December 5, 2009 which makes me think Portland had enough of paying dude his dough and not having even a glimmer of hope he'll be playing anytime soon.

Last edited:

smokes

Huge Member
Wiki quote: "On March 15, 2012, Oden was waived by the Blazers in an effort to create room on the roster for trade acquisitions. The next day, Oden stepped outside his house. Upon the sun hitting him, collapsed in a heap grabbing his knee, and soon disintegrated into ashes leaving behind a knee-less skeleton."

Oden hasn't played hoops since December 5, 2009 which makes me think Portland had enough of paying dude his dough and not having even a glimmer of hope he'll be playing anytime soon.

Yeah, Oden is seriously messed up but given we have players we know are not gonna play it could be a low risk high reward situation. We really don't need Mike Bibby for example.

KingCharles34

All Star
The only thing Greg OLDen would be good for is to supply Amare with one of his spare canes once Atari's knee becomes detatched

1*nr

kinein

Benchwarmer

I would love to work for 2 years without having to do anything.