smokes

Huge Member

elcol

Rotation player
Nets gon' be nets.
tumblr_lyybdbVrJd1r36hx4.gif

knicksin60

Starter
As funny as this sounds, getting Gerald Wallace might make the Nets have one of the scariest frontcourts in the NBA. Wallace is joining a frontcourt that already has two borderline all-stars in Kris Kardashian and B.Lopez. Put those three talents together and they might equal one Dwight Howard.

Paul1355

All Star
Pretty much, unless D12 tells Deron he's gonna sign there in 2013, the Nets are done. Sorry fellas!

they will have cap space and New York City to offer but it doesnt look like D Will or any other star will go there anytime soon...

Embarrassing for Prokorov

KingCharles34

All Star
As funny as this sounds, getting Gerald Wallace might make the Nets have one of the scariest frontcourts in the NBA. Wallace is joining a frontcourt that already has two borderline all-stars in Kris Kardashian and B.Lopez. Put those three talents together and they might equal one Dwight Howard.

Wallace will definitely make the Nets a better team, they do have a nice frontline but I still dont think they're a playoff team even if they started the season like this. And Wallace has already slowed down a little, DWill will be going to the Mavs. Prokherov hopefully will off his on switch

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
Doesn't matter how much you hate the Kardashian guy he averages a double-double. Wallace is solid and Lopez can be way above average if healthy. Give them a normal offseason and they can become one the toughest frontcourts in the East.

smokes

Huge Member
Doesn't matter how much you hate the Kardashian guy he averages a double-double. Wallace is solid and Lopez can be way above average if healthy. Give them a normal offseason and they can become one the toughest frontcourts in the East.

Humpries isn't a great player his numbers are definitely inflated. He's good for sure but his stats outweigh his quality. I see his numbers dipping with Wallace in town.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Kris Humphries is a statpadder - he's been known for it for years. He did it at Minnesota where he grabbed tons of rebounds and yet was criticized for not really doing anything to help the team win, and my hunch is that he's doing it in NJ too, can't really verify that without watching the games though.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Kris Humphries is a statpadder - he's been known for it for years. He did it at Minnesota where he grabbed tons of rebounds and yet was criticized for not really doing anything to help the team win, and my hunch is that he's doing it in NJ too, can't really verify that without watching the games though.
I watch and he's been big in a lot of games. He's got a solid mid-range shot too.

Danilo

Benchwarmer
What other teams have the cap space to land Deron? I have a funny feeling he'll be back in a nets uni next year. I think he'll back into a deal, but if I'm correct there aren't any teams with cap space for a max contract that would be much better options for him. If the nets can sign and trade him into draft pick or players i think they are ok going forward. I don't get the humphries hate on this thread, hes been outstanding all year. Stat padding... maybe... but he is no joke. If lopez is ever healthy, he and kris are perfect complements.

fender0577

Rotation player
What other teams have the cap space to land Deron? I have a funny feeling he'll be back in a nets uni next year. I think he'll back into a deal, but if I'm correct there aren't any teams with cap space for a max contract that would be much better options for him. If the nets can sign and trade him into draft pick or players i think they are ok going forward. I don't get the humphries hate on this thread, hes been outstanding all year. Stat padding... maybe... but he is no joke. If lopez is ever healthy, he and kris are perfect complements.
I was thinking the same thing, the guy plays his *ss off, a double double, is a double double.I'm one of the biggest Knick fans you'll meet, but when the Nets get here, i'll be rooting for them also, hell, i live only 5 minutes from Atlantic and flatbush AVE.:peace:

Brooklyn is the wrong place for a losing team to go. If they are winning...they'll have their share of supporters because Brooklyn has been wanting a sports franchise to root for since the Dodgers left. If they suck... best believe they will be laughed out of town.

I don't know about the future of the team as far as DWill and Howard goes... but, I do know the Nets have deep pockets and a town that will put pressure on them from day 1.

It will be interesting to see what happens. Their arrival to the city will also inspire the Knicks to play better... like they are #1 bball team in the city.

smokes

Huge Member

Well I think the Mavericks do? Since everyone is throwing their name around.

Humphries is a decent player but I wouldn't say he's outstanding. Have you ever seen him hit a big shot? Like seriously? I've never ever heard Humphries name for any reason other than oh he got another double double tonight. Well great David Lee got double doubles every night for two years, fat lot of good it did for us!

Lopez and Humphries being perfect compliments? No way! Lopez even without injury is a tragic example of a big. And Humphries is barely a presence in the paint either. It would be the softest pairing of 7 footers since Eddy Curry and Zach Randolph.

smokes

Huge Member
Deron got tossed from the game tonight for 2 techs and looked seriously frustrated with his own team throughout the game. Bye Deron!

knicksin60

Starter
Imagine if the Celtics signed Deron in the offseason and then trade Rondo for Dwight Howard. The new big three in Boston would be DWill, D12 and Reggie Noble Pierce.