Kurt Tohmas a captain

pbjb14

Benchwarmer
anybody else suprised Im not saying he doesnt deserve it hes prob the hardest working knicks but after all the trade rumors and rumors that isiah didnt like him, he is still anmed captain

Kurt Adds Captain Role to Knicks
Knicks forward Kurt Thomas was named a co-captain of the Knicks, joining Stephon Marbury and Allan Houston as the team's leaders. Kurt Thomas, Tim Thomas and Jamal Crawford all talked about the impact of Training Camp as the Knicks prepare to open the preseason on Thursday in Wilkes-Barre PA against the New Jersey Nets.

www.nba.com/knicks

rady

Administrator
Staff member
this is bad news guys,
i mean after trying to getting rid of him, he is now named a tri-captain? i really don't think it will affect his trade-value, and i'm still thinking what is isiah really trying to do

Trin_Starr

Starter
Isiah is slick! :)
The move to make Kurt a captain is obviously to boost his ego, since for the whole off season he has heard rumors that he would be traded for Dampier, Walker or Wally.
Now Isiah can't go to Kurt and say, I need you to play hard, build up your stats, show that your finger is completely healed, so that I can trade you easier..............so what does he do, he makes Kurt a captain, so he has to lead by example, and that in itself will have him playing with more energy and effort, just enough to raise his trade value so that Isiah can ship him out b4 the Febuary trade deadline for someone good!

But as Kurt so neatly put it, when a reporter asked him if now being a captain, means he's is less likely to be traded, he quickly replied, "Patrick Ewing was a captain, and he was traded!"

Starks_boy

Benchwarmer
Trin_Starr said:
Isiah is slick! :)
The move to make Kurt a captain is obviously to boost his ego, since for the whole off season he has heard rumors that he would be traded for Dampier, Walker or Wally.
Now Isiah can't go to Kurt and say, I need you to play hard, build up your stats, show that your finger is completely healed, so that I can trade you easier..............so what does he do, he makes Kurt a captain, so he has to lead by example, and that in itself will have him playing with more energy and effort, just enough to raise his trade value so that Isiah can ship him out b4 the Febuary trade deadline for someone good!

But as Kurt so neatly put it, when a reporter asked him if now being a captain, means he's is less likely to be traded, he quickly replied, "Patrick Ewing was a captain, and he was traded!"

Agree 200%. Isiah is surprising us every day and that's so good. Let's hope Kurt will elevate his level to another plateau now.

pbjb14

Benchwarmer
but if tohams gets good and his trade value is boosted due to ebing named a captain, y shoudl we trade him?

Trin_Starr

Starter
Personally I wouldn't trade him cause he has madd heart on the court, but in Isiah's scheme of things, sweetney is the future and will definitely start with Jerome Williams being his back up. With Kurt's stats up, Isiah will probably want to make trades for even bigger fish or even use him to get rid off anderson in a package deal

pbjb14

Benchwarmer
he has the sickest mid range jumper in the game and hes one of the higest percentage field goal shooters in the game