Love the winning streak, but why...

Kiyaman

Legend
This 3 game winning streak feels great, but I can't help but wonder why this energy and effort was missing before. It's obvious guys were capable at playing with this intensity but were not. Credit is definitely due to Woodson but it's not like he's even gotten to really instill his sets yet. I'm happy but I do feel a bit frustrated because we could've been playing at this level all year.

What u fear to realize or do your homework on before making this post....
is the personal-conflict Dantoni been having with players in Phoenix & New York about
his flawed coaching style and small rotation of players.
Each of Dantoni's seasons as a Knicks headcoach players complained and received DNP.
So playing 48 minutes of defense for Dantoni was out of the question....u get injured that way.
Now playing for Woodson 10 Man Rotation u have plenty of energy for defense plus half
the chance of getting injured with so much help defense from so many teammates....

Stop forgetting the EC has always been about the best defensive team
making the ECF. There is no place in the EC for a coach like Dantoni...

skisloper

Starter
What u fear to realize or do your homework on before making this post....
is the personal-conflict Dantoni been having with players in Phoenix & New York about
his flawed coaching style and small rotation of players.
Each of Dantoni's seasons as a Knicks headcoach players complained and received DNP.
So playing 48 minutes of defense for Dantoni was out of the question....u get injured that way.
Now playing for Woodson 10 Man Rotation u have plenty of energy for defense plus half
the chance of getting injured with so much help defense from so many teammates....

Stop forgetting the EC has always been about the best defensive team
making the ECF. There is no place in the EC for a coach like Dantoni...

I think you should be in line to replace Herb Williams.......love the wisdom

Benchwarmer
This 3 game winning streak feels great, but I can't help but wonder why this energy and effort was missing before. It's obvious guys were capable at playing with this intensity but were not. Credit is definitely due to Woodson but it's not like he's even gotten to really instill his sets yet. I'm happy but I do feel a bit frustrated because we could've been playing at this level all year.
I think it has to do with timing, as well. Because players were out with injuries, because D'Antoni took a chance with Jeremy Lin who was a "new" body.

Because it took time for the team to get used to playing with each other. Because Woodson is now coaching and the Knicks are playing more defensively than when D'Antoni was coaching. Because they have nothing to lose. They were doing terribly and Melo and D'Antoni didn't have the best relationship. And, I can't blame if Melo and some of the other players resented that Lin was getting all the limelight because of the media and the fans. It's only human to feel that way.

But, there seems to be better team work now!!

VeryGundy

Benchwarmer
The problem is that Anthony and Stoudemire both lost a step offensively, and Antoni refused to adjust.

Again I don't think Melo has lost a step comparing to last year. Stat, OTOH, is not the Stat from his Phoenix days.

The window for our superstars is quickly dwindling though. Something needs to happen within the next two years or we need to reload.

groundpilot

Benchwarmer
This

-he's motivating them

-Communicating with them

-He's getting them to listen, He's not scared to give our stars a earful. Unlike Dantoni who would never yell at Melo or stat for their flaws and rather praise them & tell them their great in post game interviews, when their clearly not playing "great"

-Making them feel like a TEAM, getting everyone involved im not a fan of the VERY QUICK substitutions especially if someone is hot, but i guess it works out for the better as the games progress.

-Calls timeouts weather were up or down he calls timeouts regardless. I dont see how anyone could appreciate Dantoni only calling timeouts when we lose the lead... only to have his players looking at a Marked up game plan with nothing being said at all. "besides clapping his hands and saying "lets go". Seriously if you were a player how would you feel about that.

-Yells at them when there doing something wrong "mainly on defense"

-Woodson has them getting it done defensively and wont hesitate to sit a player when he's not giving it his all out there "as we saw with landry fields"

Basically Woodson is doing something Dantoni was not doing and thats being a coach & dont sit here and tell me the offense is the same blah blah blah COACHING COMES DOWN TO WAY MORE WHATS GOING ON OFFENSIVELY. It also comes down to showing the players you actually CARE.

Woodson is holding Stat & Melo accountable for what goes on in the locker room & on the floor, this why you see more defense being played by Amare & this is why you see a more focused Carmelo.
This is a fantastic post.
Woodson is not a great coach(not yet), he is a good coach, but as i told my friend before Dumbtony was fired(yes, i think he was fired), that even an average coach can have the winning record with these guys. Unlike Dumbtony, Woodson makes adjustments during the game before its too late.

Its simple. The energy level has picked up on defense. Something that didnt concern MDA as much, if at all. Woody has put the proper emphasis in place. Defense first....

VeryGundy

Benchwarmer
Its simple. The energy level has picked up on defense. Something that didnt concern MDA as much, if at all. Woody has put the proper emphasis in place. Defense first....

I don't believe MDA actually promotes zero defense. He wants fastbreaking on every play if the other team misses. As a result, one or both of your forwards run toward the other end when they see a missed shots. Woodson would want everyone to go after defensive rebounds because he runs more of a half-court offense.