Most Improved Player: Lin ? What do you think?

Should Jeremy Lin be considered for Most Improved Player award?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JazRedGT

Benchwarmer
He obviously can't contend for ROY. But he can contend for Most Improved Player barring injury for the last 20+ games.

Also there is a poll guys.

Last edited:

VeryGundy

Benchwarmer
Lin only played in 29 games last season averaging less than 3 points per game. He was a end-of-bench player. His meteoric rise to fame this season is still considered by many to be the result of media hype.

I don't know if he will get enough votes. But he certainly deserves some recognition.

KnickKnack

Rookie
He has all of asia pulling from him. He's gonna win any award he's in by a landslide.

Hate to pull the race card there, but expect to see Lin in the all star game in every season until he retires.

That's just facts.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
I don't watch every team often, but Lin turned around a franchise. It wasn't that long, but it was a big, plus he's still playing well, and a deserved starter.

Benchwarmer
I don't watch every team often, but Lin turned around a franchise. It wasn't that long, but it was a big, plus he's still playing well, and a deserved starter.
:agreed:

go-knicks-glitter.gif

Sons of Thunder

Benchwarmer
All discussions of race and media hype aside, in the immortal words of Jay-Z numbers don't lie.
2011-12 Statistics
PPG14.7
RPG3.10
APG6.3
EFF+ 15.23

fakeknicksfan

Benchwarmer
with melo and amare max contract and Chandler near max, I don't see how the knicks can afford to keep lin.

The other teams will buy him for what he could do, and the money he could bring in.

Wargames

Starter
Lin is the MIP no question. He was treated like a scrub and is not a consistent starter player in what you can argue is his rookie season playing wise

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
In my opinion there is no debate that Jeremy Lin is without a doubt this season's most improved NBA player.

He got CUT on Christmas Eve.

CUT.

This guy LITERALLY had NO JOB when the season started.

He literally went from CUT to HAVING A JOB to D-LEAGUE to STARTING PG.

No player in the league this year has improved by that degree.

iSaYughh

Starter
Gonna be between him and Greg Monroe imo

Monroe is really really good.

Under any normal year, I think he would get it.

But Monroe was still very quality last year, as a lotto pick, and had expectations to be improved this season.

Lin wasn't worthy of a D-league spot on NBA teams as early as *this* season, and was an end of bench player last year.

He's now starting PG for the Knicks, has single handedly won stretches of games for us, and has a PER above 20.

Monroe is really really good.

Under any normal year, I think he would get it.

But Monroe was still very quality last year, as a lotto pick, and had expectations to be improved this season.

Lin wasn't worthy of a D-league spot on NBA teams as early as *this* season, and was an end of bench player last year.

He's now starting PG for the Knicks, has single handedly won stretches of games for us, and has a PER above 20.

True. I would like to see Jeremy win just because of the circumstances as well. I think Greg is his biggest competition for the award tho.

KingCharles34

All Star
No disrespect to Monroe, i love his game but Lin's on a playoff team and hes the only reason why we're a playoff team. If it wasnt for those 8 wins during Linsanity, we'd be at least a few games behind the Bucks. Hes been a big part of this 4 game LINning streak as well

smokes

Huge Member
Yeah I don't think its even a contest this year as long as Lin keeps putting up averages of like 16/7 with less TO's he's a lock.

And he deserves it for sure, it's the biggest improvement I've ever seen in 18 years of watching the NBA.