Eating crow and loving it

LJ4ptplay

Starter
My disdain for Carmelo Anthony and doubts about how this team could compete as well as my doubts about Woodson being able to make this team a contender have been well documented on this site. But I wanted to make a thread making it clear that me being wrong is only making me happy.

While I'm still not completely convinced, this winning streak is beginning to make me a believer. Although Melo has not played outstandingly, he has played with effort, played team ball, played defense and has done the little things to help this team win.

Mike Woodson has proven to me he can get this team to play hard on both ends of the court, something D'Antoni was never able to do on a consistnt basis. And effort may be the only thing needed for this team to compete.

With all the bickering that goes on at KOL, the one thing we can all agree on is the Knicks winning a championship would be one of the greatest moments for us as sports fans. We may disagree on how we get there but we all agree there would be nothing better.

That's my 2 cents and Kumbayah moment. Anyone else that feels the same way, feel free to express it in this thread.

Now, LET'S GO KNICKS!!

My disdain for Carmelo Anthony and doubts about how this team could compete as well as my doubts about Woodson being able to make this team a contender have been well documented on this site. But I wanted to make a thread making it clear that me being wrong is only making me happy.

While I'm still not completely convinced, this winning streak is beginning to make me a believer. Although Melo has not played outstandingly, he has played with effort, played team ball, played defense and has done the little things to help this team win.

Mike Woodson has proven to me he can get this team to play hard on both ends of the court, something D'Antoni was never able to do on a consistnt basis. And effort may be the only thing needed for this team to compete.

With all the bickering that goes on at KOL, the one thing we can all agree on is the Knicks winning a championship would be one of the greatest moments for us as sports fans. We may disagree on how we get there but we all agree there would be nothing better.

That's my 2 cents and Kumbayah moment. Anyone else that feels the same way, feel free to express it in this thread.

Now, LET'S GO KNICKS!!
210kg09.gif

3hdsh.jpg

smokes

Huge Member
Hopefully you'll start posting some more now LJ, missed your posts.

+rep for being big enough to own your opinion and own up when it was wrong :peace:

:gony:

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
He's done what he's had to do, and he's shown that his involvement with D'Antoni's exit (@ whatever capacity it was) hasn't been about him getting more looks or being the focal.

He's been involved in every aspect of the team's winning M.O, and that is the mark of someone who knows their place within a team, and wants to achieve the common goal, not the individual's.

I've been on his case all year ~ as well as D'Antoni's, and there were some hard, challenging times to support his efforts. But from what I've seen post MDA, he's well aware of his role and the way it correlates in to the role of others. Impressive as it is necessary.

blackcrow.jpg

I had my doubts from our second game that he was anything more than an isolation jock, ala Joe Johnson, but he's proven in this short streak that he's capable of playing a very versatile, unselfish and intelligent/involved game.

I think that the woes of the season, the emergence of Gallinari and the loss to the Nuggets, the media whirlwind centered around him and the trade that didn't pay off, the blame game that ensued after he came back to the team off an injury and Linsanity 'died'.......................stop for air...................followed by D'Antoni's resignation were incredible curves for him to learn from and now adjust to. All being factors that have forced him to be this player. But it's not like he hasn't accepted it, HE HAS! and that's the best part of what's happening right now. He knows what's necessary for him to do to get the team better and winning.

Believe me, I've been one of Melo's biggest detractors this year. All I've ever asked or wanted from him, however, is to prove me and those like minded wrong.

He's a consistent jumper away from doing that entirely, and I'll stick a crow up my ass if I have to, just to see him get it done.

BTW, for LJ to admit that he's eating crow is something that shows that whatever he said about Melo in the past was not about hate, it was about want. Melo is doing the best thing possible right now, and he's doing what he has to do to prove to people like me and LJ that he's capable of doing what it takes to strive for being the best.

The very vast majority of people in this world will never admit having been wrong, or do mental gymnastics to convince themselves that have always been right in some way or another. So good on LJ for starting this thread.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee

+rep for being big enough to own your opinion and own up when it was wrong :peace:

Exactly.

I do believe that at the time he was not wrong, however.

Melo has made him a believer out of his own efforts.

That's the double sided beauty of it.

WVKnickfan

Rotation player
The main problem that I have with melo is the way he quit playing before Dantoni got fired.Say what you want but thats all on melo and he acted like a baby.Now the way he and the team is playing now just goes to show you that he could have played like that before.

Im proud of how this team has came together and are now playing as a team like they should have been doing all along.Im now excited again and can't wait to watch the knicks play every game.Lets all hope they keep this up and they make some huge noise in the playoffs.

knicksin60

Starter
Good thread! You were the second person in the entire world behind Mike D'antoni who I would have never expected to eat their own crow. You've surprised many people tonight.

Last edited:

WVKnickfan

Rotation player

speaking of rep points I say I hold the record right now for not getting any rep points in a while.Its been since nov12 of 2010 lol :wallbash::confused:

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
I like what I'm seeing from Stoudemire and Anthony. They're playing solid defense and team basketball.

I didn't know Anthony was ever going to pass the ball. I guess it took pressure from having a new coach and millions of eyes on him(no homo) that made him turn it around.

This winning streak showed me that these two can coexist. It's basically up to them to do it.

Neither Anthony or Stoudemire are as good as they were last year, but they are playing to their strengths, and Chandler/Lin are really coming through with their pick and roll play.

NYCLakerfan

Rotation player
I like what I'm seeing from Stoudemire and Anthony. They're playing solid defense and team basketball.

I didn't know Anthony was ever going to pass the ball. I guess it took pressure from having a new coach and millions of eyes on him(no homo) that made him turn it around.

This winning streak showed me that these two can coexist. It's basically up to them to do it.

Neither Anthony or Stoudemire are as good as they were last year, but they are playing to their strengths, and Chandler/Lin are really coming through with their pick and roll play.

Lol why the no homo at millions of eyes on him, I don't even see how that would be gay.

lookgrabpull

Benchwarmer
I will join the compliments to the OP for being a real man and saying he's been wrong.

:thumbsup:

I'll take this opportunity and admit that like LJ, I was sure MDA had to go, but I thought Stat needed to go too for his lack of effort. I take it back now. Not only since he put amazing numbers yesterday, but also because he's really trying. He's not a good defensive player and that probably isn't going to change, but the effort is there and that is a world of difference.

Stat I'm sorry, you're the man!

Go Knicks. Let's make this a season to remember!

smokes

Huge Member
Re STATs defense yeah you're right he's never gonna be a great defender but to be honest the last 5 games he hasn't looked any worse than many of the "offensive" PF's in the league like Gasol, Dirk etc.

mafra

Legend

Now, LET'S GO KNICKS!!

AMEN. And then we discover that Mr. Glass Gallinari gets hurt again... I mean, I'm so happy we made the trade b/c I prefer Linn & Davis over Felton; Tyson Chandler over Mozgov & Wilson Chandler; Carmelo over Danillo.

If I was guaranteed that Danillo would never be hurt, that he would stay healthy, then FINE... I would understand why some people would be against the trade. Despite Anthony's offensive prowess & ability to close in the 4th of a playoff game, Gallinari's team-first orientation & style might override that.

But fact is: Gallo may never be able to stay healthy for 80 games a season.

It's hard to judge this team this season b/c of lockout and all the nonsense. But there's a strike against this group for laying down on D'anotni. Like coach or not, system or not, you dont do that when you're paid millions.

BUt, ultimately, judgement will come based on what happens in the playoffs. We looked past the BOS sweep b/c Chauncy and Amar'e were hurt.

We'll see what these guys do come May. I believe we have the depth & talent, all we need to win in post season if for Carmelo to find his troke and Stoudemire to fully return to form. Then both need to be clutch and finish in 4th.

Advance to 2nd round and fight... Or knock of either MIA or CHI, and I'll be content. THEN WIN IT NEXT YEAR!!!

fender0577

Rotation player

Now, LET'S GO KNICKS!!
Great post, and i applaud you for standing up, and admitting when you were wrong.:beer:

No biggie LJ, us Knick fans might not agree on everything simply because we are probably the most passionate fans... and we all want to win badly. The last thing I want to do here is bump heads with fellow fans. Knowing this... I had to start rethinking and rewriting some of my post before I actually posted them.

We still don't know what the future holds for the Knicks but I'm sure we all will continue to express what we feel is best for our team. As of now...we all deserve what the Knicks is giving us, it's been a long time coming.

nyk_nyk

All Star

Now, LET'S GO KNICKS!!

Yeah that's right... you eat that crow (Peter Griffin voice) :beer:

bird_steals_sad_wallaby.gif