Eating crow and loving it

Kiyaman

Legend
u r the bigger MAN

LJ....its all good :beer:

I wouldve felt real F..ing bad if Dantoni took a class in coaching over the long lock-out....to make me eat CROW.

The addition of player/coach Billups, plus the August hiring of Woodson.....

nuckles2k2

Superstar
It's not fair to blame Melo for this. It's basically him vs 2 superstars. His supporting cast isn't giving him much help

Landry was in the paint, pivoting, pump faking, and bricking hard off the back of the rim, from like 6 feet away.

We have a better shot if Lin and Shump were playing, you throw in an Amar'e that operates outside of the PnR, and maybe give the Heat some go.

You put Melo out there with two PGs who refuse to push the ball, a wing that can't get his shot off (not entirely his fault), and another wing who the opposing team wants shooting....because the dude is god awful.....and you have a recipe for disaster.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
It's not fair to blame Melo for this. It's basically him vs 2 superstars. His supporting cast isn't giving him much help

He deserves some blame. He's played like his typical inconsistent self in the playoffs. Game 1 awful, Game 2 great, Game 3 awful.

This team is not put together well. He deserves a significant amount of the blame for how this team is constructed and their lack of flexibility going forward.

nuckles2k2

Superstar
He deserves some blame. He's played like his typical inconsistent self in the playoffs. Game 1 awful, Game 2 great, Game 3 awful.

This team is not put together well. He deserves a significant amount of the blame for how this team is constructed and their lack of flexibility going forward.

We were also missing our starting PG, our starting defensive stalwart SG, and our starting PF.

Yea, if Melo comes as a free agent, we keep Gallo or Wilson, and Moz, etc. We'd have 4 SF's on the roster, and maybe no Tyson Chandler.

It's a factual point you're making, but I dunno how relevant it is on May 3rd, 2012. What's done is done.

We have what we have. Without 3/5 of our starting lineup out, we don't look quite as pathetic, and Melo doesn't have to carry the entire offensive load.

Hayato

Benchwarmer
We were also missing our starting PG, our starting defensive stalwart SG, and our starting PF.

Yea, if Melo comes as a free agent, we keep Gallo or Wilson, and Moz, etc. We'd have 4 SF's on the roster, and maybe no Tyson Chandler.

It's a factual point you're making, but I dunno how relevant it is on May 3rd, 2012. What's done is done.

We have what we have. Without 3/5 of our starting lineup out, we don't look quite as pathetic, and Melo doesn't have to carry the entire offensive load.

dont blame no amare...melo's been better without amare

^In the offseason.. we're seriously gonna have to re evaluate this Melo Amare pairing. It just isn't clicking.. offensively or defensivley

nuckles2k2

Superstar
dont blame no amare...melo's been better without amare

I have more of a problem with the ball constantly being walked up the court by the PGs. It's been a problem since Lin went down. You can overcome that for a bunch of one-off games in the regular season, but when you're shorthanded, undermanned, and outmatched, in the playoffs, you need to run. But it seems like Baron and Bibby won't (age, injuries?).

There were a plethora of opportunities to push the ball, and attack the middle in this game, but instead it was walked up, swung to either Melo or JR, who then Iso'd. That's a problem.

LJ4ptplay

Starter

We're 0-3. It hasn't been just this game. We lost by 33 in game 1 with everybody, except Lin.

And Lin, Novak, Fields, Davis, Bibbly, Jeffries and Smith need to be replaced or resigned next year, somehow.

The old team with $18 mil in cap space could have built a better product than what we have now. No question. But you're right, what's done is done. Just have to accept and eat the crap Dolan feeds us. It's what us Knick fans do best.:lol:

nuckles2k2

Superstar
We're 0-3. It hasn't been just this game. We lost by 33 in game 1 with everybody, except Lin.

And Lin, Novak, Fields, Davis, Bibbly, Jeffries and Smith need to be replaced or resigned next year, somehow.

The old team with $18 mil in cap space could have built a better product than what we have now. No question. But you're right, what's done is done. Just have to accept and eat the crap Dolan feeds us. It's what us Knick fans do best.:lol:

True, but clearly the team is not 33 point defeat, bad. I throw a game like that out, and look to the next. Nothing to take from it, nothing to learn from it, expect nothing was working. I prefer to look to games 2 and 3 for more insight into what's plaguing the team in the playoffs.

And I don't know that the old team with $18M in cap space is better. That's intimating that if you take last year's STAT, and put him on the Nuggets right now (who obviously have Gallo, Moz, and a better PG situation in Lawson and Miller) they would be better off than our current Knicks team. I'm not sold on that.

With STAT's health situation (mainly the back injury, trying to compensate for it, having the compensation affect his game, then having to counteract that....only to get hurt again), and his becoming less of an effective weapon with Melo and Chandler on the court...I say the problem lies there.

Not with what woulda, coulda, shoulda, oh but if we had did this, scenarios.

Denver signed Nene to a 5-year, $67+M contract, it was looked on as an untraceable contract, then they offloaded him. It can be done.

Den318

Benchwarmer

7 for 23 with 5 TO, season on the line. He suck ass for 3 games, will get sweep out of the playoff 0-4 AGAIN. Yeah, let blame everyone else. He is da man. What a selfish loser!!

nuckles2k2

Superstar
7 for 23 with 5 TO, season on the line. He suck ass for 3 games, will get sweep out of the playoff 0-4 AGAIN. Yeah, let blame everyone else. He is da man. What a selfish loser!!

Who would you have preferred take the shots then?

I will concede to you that Melo took some terrible shots when he was being doubled on the catch, but now can you please articulate who you wanted taking the shots?

rogeryy

Benchwarmer
I kind of think I know why.

I mean I know why Melo is to be blamed.

And I know why Melo is not to be blamed.

First, Let's take a look at the reason why not:
.....He contributed his part and led us to the playoffs........
.....He was double teamed.................................................
.....They have two super stars...........................................
.....He is such a good scorer...............................................
.....And many many more....................................................

But like the 9-ball pool game, you don't win even if you made ball 1 through ball 8. You just don't win if you missed the number 9 ball.

And now, let's take a look at the reason why he should:
The team did try to find another/other star(s) to help Melo, but look what he has done (mentally)? He has something deep down in his mind that wouldn't allow a solid triangle to form. Need proof? He admitted himself he wouldn't do his best under MDA. That's a sign. And just check this board out and you'll see how many people were talking about trading Lin, and trading xxx because Melo performed less than OK with "them" on the court.

I think what's missing for the Knicks to win a title is our superstar's truly unselfish mind.

You and I can only discuss here at KO. He is the one who can actually dribble on the court and think how to get his teammates involved to make the best shot.

But that's just me. I mean, just me thinking this way.

I might be wrong or mistaken. If you think otherwise and willing to share with me. I'm willing to listen.

CA7

Scoring Champ

The Knicks would not have had 18mil to use, why? because Wilson Chandler would have taken half of it, leaving 9mil for who, Melo, Tyson, Nene

This team is way better we just have not gotten a real chance to click, everything has been on the fly give the guys this training camp and an 8 game pre-season and see where things are then, if I'm wrong I'll eat my crow but if I'm right then this team is a force to be reckon with

pat

Starter
This team is way better we just have not gotten a real chance to click, everything has been on the fly give the guys this training camp and an 8 game pre-season and see where things are then, if I'm wrong I'll eat my crow but if I'm right then this team is a force to be reckon with

I know it hurts, but sooner or later you'll have to admit that Melo isn't doing what this franchise is paying him to do, just as he didn't do what the Nuggets paid him for. He is just too self-centred to see that he is not going to win a title on his own.

He had more than enough pieces of humble pie in his career, however it doesn't seem to change his approach in the long run.

nuckles2k2

Superstar
I know it hurts, but sooner or later you'll have to admit that Melo isn't doing what this franchise is paying him to do, just as he didn't do what the Nuggets paid him for. He is just too self-centred to see that he is not going to win a title on his own.

He had more than enough pieces of humble pie in his career, however it doesn't seem to change his approach in the long run.

First game of the playoffs last year, Amar'e went 28 & 11, while Melo went 15, 4, 4, and 2 steals.

Second game, Melo went 42 & 17, Amar'e went 4 & 5, in 17 minutes of action.

Third game, Melo went 15 & 11, Amar'e went 7 & 3.

4th game, Melo went 32 & 9, Amar'e went 19 & 12.

Melo averaged 26 points and 10 rebounds a game in the series.
Amar'e averaged 14 and 7 rebounds a game in the series.

This is without a Lin, JR, Shump, Novak, or Tyson Chandler on the roster.

How is that humble pie for Melo?

If folks have an actual argument to make, I'm more than open to hearing it. I'm not mindlessly defending Melo, but like I state earlier, sometimes is seems like more of a vendetta than anything.

I even asked a question a few posts up...people keep on complaining about the number of shots Melo takes, which is fair, because there's some efficiency to be desired. But on the flip side of that...if not Melo, then who?

His options were JR (who took 18 shots), Baron, Fields, Bibby, Jeffries, Jorts, and Tyson.

So, I guess, subtracting JR from that list...who do we want taking shots?

rogeryy

Benchwarmer
But on the flip side of that...if not Melo, then who?

His options were JR (who took 18 shots), Baron, Fields, Bibby, Jeffries, Jorts, and Tyson.

So, I guess, subtracting JR from that list...who do we want taking shots?

Thanks for willing to discuss it openly.
This is the fundamental basketball thing.
It hurts to think that way.
If we fans think "if not Melo, who else" too, then it's so easy to be Miami Heat's coach. He doesn't even need a brain to sweep the Knicks. Dwyane Wade said himself their strategy is to give Melo 48 minute suffocating style defense. And it worked.

We simply can't do the same to them because they have 3. If we would to give them suffocating style defense then we would need 6 players at least.

I remember I saw a post here a while ago, saying Melo needs to have ball in hand enough time to be clutch. I can only assume, who doesn't?

What I'm saying is that they are NBA players. They have potentials to be discovered. Make themselves believe they can too. They are who they used to be -- who played so many years of excellent basketball before they made NBA.

With Woodson's go ahead order, Melo's truly unselfish mind, and some appropriate and working boost, the Heat would find out they can't just emphasize on watching Melo only. And we get a chance to win.

nyk_nyk

All Star

Instead of just saying Melo is "too self-centred" can you explain why you feel that way? It's annoying when people just throw out words without backing it up.

Also, you are basically claiming that Melo wants to win a title on his own. How did you come up with that?