If the Knicks won the Championship, who do you think would be Finals MVP?

c0leworld

Benchwarmer
Pure speculation. Pure fun. Not a topic about the Knicks struggles, losses, wins, D'antoni, woodson, etc.

I'd like to think its Carmelo, but realistically it could be STAT as well or even Lin. I'd still go with Melo.

CA7

Scoring Champ
Melo would get it because Lin would struggle against Elite competition and STAT would then not do much because the lack of PG play so Melo puts us on his back and goes 30 and 10 in the series winning the Finals MVP

Melo would get it because Lin would struggle against Elite competition and STAT would then not do much because the lack of PG play so Melo puts us on his back and goes 30 and 10 in the series winning the Finals MVP

What's this new world you're on? sounds pretty cool, invite us.

metrocard

Legend

Melo is shooting 39% this year as an NBA veteran, suppose to be in his prime years.

Where as Lin is shooting 44%, NBA rookie/sophmore, just fought and won a starting role.

If Melo puts us on his back again, we'll lose just like we did last year against Boston.

This team's success is beyond what Melo does.

The Knicks are only allowing 86.9 pts per gm in their last 7. The top team in the league (PHIL) allows 87.5.

Our defense has lead to victory, and Lin's defense has gotten better...where as Melo is on and off.

Abxtraxion

Benchwarmer
I would love to say Tyson Chandler but I would have to go with Amar'e. I chose him over Chandler and Carmelo because it would have to be his game that needs to be on point if the Knicks are to win the championship. If his game is excellent, then there's no doubt he can carry the Knicks to a victory. I just don't see Carmelo being able to do that nor Lin.

rogeryy

Benchwarmer
I would love to say Tyson Chandler but I would have to go with Amar'e. I chose him over Chandler and Carmelo because it would have to be his game that needs to be on point if the Knicks are to win the championship. If his game is excellent, then there's no doubt he can carry the Knicks to a victory. I just don't see Carmelo being able to do that nor Lin.

The problem is exactly that "you don't see Carmelo being able to do that."

Neither do we. Now.

So, it we are to win the championship, it's very likely it'd be because Carmelo gets the old himself back without breaking the new chemistry/system.

That might make him our MVP. :)

TakMan

Rotation player
I don't see Lin winning MVP if the Knicks win the championship. He's not ready yet. He's way too superficial with his decisions when playing elite defences, and does not have the attributes to be classed as a star player yet. He would not be the decisive factor.

Much as I hate to say it, it would have to be Anthony. If he does not absolutely go off on an offensive rampage, the Knicks will not go through the first round let alone win the title.* Chanlder's defence would also be key.

*One exception to this would be Stoudamire's performance. He really carried the Suns with his performances, and even got them back into the conference finals vs the Lakers after missing the first two games. If he can perform at that level, he has an outside chance of being MVP.

skisloper

Starter
Lin........I do not think we win a championship unless LIN is playing on fire....

I assume Davis will be hurting by championship time so it will be LIN or bust.....

even if Melo is on fire ...if LIN is not we cannot win...a PG needs to lead...