Bulls or Heat

Knicks32

Benchwarmer
Seems like that is our choice now.

Who do you think we match up better with?

I think we have a better chance against the Bulls.

smokes

Huge Member
The way Amare is playing lately I'd rather play the Heat. Tyson/Amare playing 100% will destroy them.

Knicks32

Benchwarmer
Guys - let's stop talking about 4th place. It's not going to happen. We are 5 games behind Atlanta with about 17 games left.

I think we have a better chance with the Heat because I think Rose plays a slashing type game with quick drives which our team can defend by taking charges. I think our team is one of the best teams in the NBA with taking charges. JJ has basically made a living out of this.

The Heat in their game against us just looked unreal. Lebron and DW basically controlled the court from the tip.

Purch.

Rookie
Guys - let's stop talking about 4th place. It's not going to happen. We are 5 games behind Atlanta with about 17 games left.

You really don't know how the playoff seeding words do you? :teeth:

Knicks are only 3 and half away from Philly. Which is really not insurmountable by any stretch of the imagination.

InGodsHands

Benchwarmer
We don't stand a chance against either Bulls or Heat. We'll have to wait for 1st playoff win since 2001 for at least one more year.

Knicks32

Benchwarmer
We don't stand a chance against either Bulls or Heat. We'll have to wait for 1st playoff win since 2001 for at least one more year.

If that's the attitude, why are we even following the season?

I don't care if the Knicks make it to the second round. If we don't win the championship it means nothing to me. All or none.

I think we have the pieces in place to win the whole thing. We just have to work together, take the charges, grab the rebounds, stop turning the ball over so much, and hope our shots drop. If we can do that, we win.

Knicks32

Benchwarmer
You really don't know how the playoff seeding words do you? :teeth:

Knicks are only 3 and half away from Philly. Which is really not insurmountable by any stretch of the imagination.

Can we talk about this for one second?

I understand that if Knicks overtake the Sixers (or tie now as I think we have the tie-breaker), then that guarantees us a top 3 spot?

But if we are not the champions of the division then we are seeded according to rank within the conference?

diddy_nyc

Rookie
I strongly believe that we have a shot against the Bulls because of their style of play versus ours. They are somewhat similar. The Miami Heat on the other hand are just way too fast for our team, offensively & defensively. If we can figure out a way to reduce the turnovers/ fast break possessions, then we'll have a 50% chance of beating the Heat. Nonetheless, I do not see us moving up significantly in the conference - probably to #6.

knicksgreece

Benchwarmer
If we play defense like the last few games (minus Toronto) we can beat the Bulls.Boozer,Noah are extremely overrated.Chandler and Amare can destroy them.

Knicks32

Benchwarmer
I think if we play the Heat we just have to play Novak and Smith for about 30 minutes and let them shoot 3's at will. If we can manage to hit at a 40% clip we win.

JazRedGT

Benchwarmer
I think if we play the Heat we just have to play Novak and Smith for about 30 minutes and let them shoot 3's at will. If we can manage to hit at a 40% clip we win.

LoL In my 2k12 association I edited Novak's 3pt and overall Shot Taking tendency from 36% to 100%. He now takes (during simulations) on average 8 3's a game making 50%. Some games he blows up for 30+ pts going 10-15. LOL It wors out in the game but doubt it would work in real life.

InGodsHands

Benchwarmer
Can we talk about this for one second?

I understand that if Knicks overtake the Sixers (or tie now as I think we have the tie-breaker), then that guarantees us a top 3 spot?

But if we are not the champions of the division then we are seeded according to rank within the conference?

The champion of division has 4th seed locked in or higher depending on a record. Sixers who lead Atlantic are 4th right now behind Orlando who is 2nd in their division but have better record than Philly.

CA7

Scoring Champ
I may be being optimistic BUT I think we win the division so my answer is neither

Lets get O&B

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
Bulls - If shumpert can slow D.rose down even a little bit that would benefit us, i know it's damn near impossible to slow D.Rose down but if we can force him to have to make somebody else step up and hit shots, then i think we have a chance at beating them....and lets not forget Boozer makes his disappearance acts in the playoffs. The Bulls bench scares me especially on the boards and thats what really worries me... they just have so much size no homo. They have like the deepest bench in the league Brewer, Korver, lucas, watson, gibson, asik, butler? yeah thats not something you want to see in a 7 game series. Our bench is deep to but not as deep as the bulls especially when they bring Asik and Gibson in we would get mauled on the boards. The Bulls beat the Heat without rose....let me say that again WITHOUT ROSE.
let me add a little more sting to it Hamilton was not available either, 2 starters for the bulls not available and there still winning games like this... nobody can sit here and say "lets play the bulls it's easier because it wont be easier in fact it might even be tougher.

Heat Not only would we have to stop Lebron, but we have to contain wade and Bosh. We already see how scary the Heat are on fast breaks and we already seen what type of lock down defense they are capable of playing... there not exactly a team you want to see in the first round... how ever if we put them in a zone i have no doubt they crumble. Lebron has been playing great basketball all season.... but in the playoffs if you put the heat in a zone they will we the bed i guarantee that. Force Lerbon and wade to make jumpers and we can take that series. The one thing we would have to take advantage of is out rebounding the heat, we have more size than them down low between chandler and Amare we would have to commit to rebound and second chance points also, we need to feature Chandler down low in this series he has the height advantage over joel, it would be on our best interest to get joel in foul trouble early

In conclusion i rather play the Heat in the first round. I think that would be a fun series to watch i think we have the fire power to keep up with them and if we play team defense and some zone the "BIG 2" can be contained. Can you imagine hearing... "THE KNICKS UPSET THE MIAMI HEAT IN THE FIRST ROUND" that would be music to my ears and if we were to eliminate the heat can you imagine the confidence on this team through out the playoffs. I think the Knicks have a better chance at eliminating the heat and the celtics have a better chance at eliminating the Bulls and containing D.rose. especially if the Celtics are able to control the game at their pace... don't sleep on boston.

Lets look at the matchups

Knicks vs Heat

Lin vs chalmers
Fields/shump vs Wade
Melo vs Lebron
Amare vs Bosh
Chandler vs Joel

OUR BENCH>>>>HEAT BENCH by a long shot

We match up very decently vs the Heat... if not better

Bulls vs Boston

Rondo vs Rose
Allen vs Hamilton
Pierce vs Deng
KG vs Boozer
Jermaine? vs Noah <--- im not sure who the celtics starting center will be but what ever

arguably they match up decently with each other it all comes down to containing rose but

BULLS BENCH>>>>>> CELTICS BENCH that's the only Killer here.

But like some people are posting there are still some games left in the season, so we dont really need to worry about if we play the bulls or heat until the season is completely done

Last edited:

YuvalNYC

Rotation player
Guys we have 17 games remaining this season before the playoffs..
for a successful playoff run we have to make the 6th seed or take the division, otherwise it will most likely mean another short playoff run and we all know that now this team is worth much more than that..

so im still not buying into this 7th or 8th seed, Bulls or Heat BS.

We gotta aim higher and get to 6th seed or 1st in division.

17 Games

:gony: