Should the Knicks look at FA's?

finestrg

Rotation player
I agree that we should cut Bibby, he's been worthless out there. How is he even seeing the court? The dude stands around on both sides of the court and when he does try to play D, he falls over and then can't get back up. I swear I could go to my local basketball court and close my eyes and point at a random player on the court and he'd be better than Bibby. Dude is horrid. I agree we need some interior offense/defense or else Chandler will be hurt next from being the only guy down low playing D.

I don't see cutting Bibby over Walker fellas. How do you figure that? Lin's out right now with a bum knee; Davis just came back not too long ago from a bad back and looks to be a shell of what he used to be and Iman's a rookie and not a true PG. We need Bibby for insurance. Bibby's actually gotten some meaningful minutes lately under Woodson (last night in fact against the Bucks)...Let's not forget Bibby played for Woody before in ATL on a 50+ win playoff team not too long ago, so you know he likes and respects him -- there's gotta be a bond there between the two, certainly a greater bond than the one Bibby had with D'Antoni. I highly doubt Bibby's going anywhere.

Walker, meanwhile, hasn't played in like forever and when he did play, he wasn't great at all. All things being equal, normally I'd say keep Walker because he's quite a few years younger than Bibby but things aren't equal. Bibby, to me, is the much more important reserve to keep in terms of insurance...

Is Walker even slated to return soon? I haven't heard anything about him in the longest...I forget he was even on the roster there for a sec..Plus, unlike Bibby, Walker's a holdover D'Antoni player that has no ties to coach Woodson.. Personally, unless I hear something different soon, I'm gonna assume Walker's done for the year (even if he did make it back, where does he get his mins? Whose mins is he cutting into -- not Melo's.. Landry's? Iman's? JR Smith's? Novak's? Come on, of course not) and most likely won't be asked back for next yr. Bibby won't either but as of right now, Bibby's the better piece to keep in terms of insurance at a much more important & fragile position. You can even make a strong case that if it came down to it, I'd rather go with Toney Douglas over Walker in a pinch. At least Toney can handle the ball a little bit and play some defense. Walker's a complete waste on this roster right now. I'd give anything for the Knicks to cut him and take a chance on a big with some offensive potential such as Darnell Lazare for example. That makes so much more sense to me than keeping Walker around.

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
@finestrg: with all due respect, personally I have much more faith in Toney than in Bibby's corpse. I realize it's too early to say if TD's game improved, but in 4 minutes of garbage time against Detroit he looked okay playing some great defense and not forcing anything. I think Woody should give Douglas a shot to see if he can help us at this point.

Walker's currently listed as day-to-day, he had some great games earlier this season (Billy was the main reason we hanged on in Miami first time we played them), but before deciding whether he should be waived or rather stay I'd like to see him playing.

smokes

Huge Member
@finestrg: with all due respect, personally I have much more faith in Toney than in Bibby's corpse. I realize it's too early to say if TD's game improved, but in 4 minutes of garbage time against Detroit he looked okay playing some great defense and not forcing anything. I think Woody should give Douglas a shot to see if he can help us at this point.

Walker's currently listed as day-to-day, he had some great games earlier this season (Billy was the main reason we hanged on in Miami first time we played them), but before deciding whether he should be waived or rather stay I'd like to see him playing.

Exactly, Douglas can defend and we know he has the potential to go off for 20 points... Not so far this season but you gotta think at some point his shooting touch will return.

If Bibby managed to put up 20 points I would seriously eat my own shit :teeth:

Between Lin/Baron/Shump/JR Smith there is plenty of ballhandling ability. Only Lin and Baron can be relied upon to distribute, but we saw during Linsanity that we had enough to beat teams with only 1 distributor on the team (Bibby barely played at all during this stretch and had virtually no impact when he did). We are also deeper now than Linsanity (no JR Smith no Baron).

Douglas and Walker are both able to defend and shoot the 3, Bibby has almost no value now.

YuvalNYC

Rotation player
Walker is a straight up hustler... when he's hot he doesnt miss... he was insane vs miami..

on the other hand, there's really nothing good to say about bibby.

Kiyaman

Legend
It's been 8 games with hardly any practice time. These things take time Kiya. Also consider that we are in the middle of a tight playoff race. There's just not enough time for all that right now. I think he's doing the best he can, considering.

I really wish I could agree with u, but Jordan & Jorts been on the team December 9th....as an assistant defensive coach Woody shouldve been working on several different plays with rookie Jordan/Jorts to develope their bigman games from the start of the season so the two bigmen could be reliable for 12 decent minutes of playingtime during the 2nd half of the season when injuries flare up.

The bench is the most important part of how u evaluate a headcoach....
Headcoach Skiles bench was awful, Monta Ellis looked like he would rather go
back to first year coach Mark Jackson.

Kiyaman

Legend
Who was available that first week? Dude was just trying to get the team to win some games to start with. The same guys that are available today are the same ones that were available two weeks ago when he took over. We have NO trade assets to get the kind of guys he wants as backups and the trade deadline was pretty much over when he took over.

u lost me....my post was on our assistant coaches Woody, Herb, and Atkins not preparing our young bigmen rookies Jordan & Jorts for decent playingtime in the 2nd half of the season when injuries flare up....Jordan & Jorts were in our short training camp on December 9th.

What part of my post mention adding new players to the rostor....was it this part.....

Woody coaching talent is not skilled enough to add another player to the roster.

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
we need chandler to shoot the ball and jerome jordan some minutes to develop
i dont know if im comfortable with chandler shooting jumpers right now, i rather him stick to tips and dunks and swatting the ball out for second chance points. in the off season i would love for him to develop a post game though.

I agree Jerome needs to get more burn, i mean what is Jorts doing exactly he's soft as cheesecake going up for a layup, has no post move, foul prone and that jumper aint been the same since his injury. Jorts is a nice a nice hustler though i give him that

Paul1355

All Star
I thought Woody wouldve iron out a lot of the Knicks issues within his first 3 to 7 games as headcoach, his hiring in August was for the position he have now. WTF have Woody been doing since December?
Woody coaching talent is not skilled enough to add another player to the roster.

For Woody not to do overtime at working on a backup for Tyson Chandler (7.0 Jordan), a backup for Stat (6.10 Jorts), a backup for Melo (6.10 Novak), with Jefferies as the backups training-master on and off the court, starting the same day Dantoni was FIRED or resigned make me question Mike Woodson ability to make it to the Eastern Conference Finals....this season or next season

your blaming Mike Woodson for developing a center out of thin air?

Kiyaman

Legend
your blaming Mike Woodson for developing a center out of thin air?

Hell YEAH, if thats what u want to call it. Jordan & Jorts are big-bodies in the paint....
Im blaming a 4 months assistant coach (Woodson) for not preparing Jordan & Jorts to be a decent 12 minute backup for Tyson & Stat within a 4 months time. They are still positionally lost on court with their teammates in the 2nd half of the season.

Everytime I see Jorts or Jordan get up off the bench to enter the game they dont look energize or happy to go out there to show their talent....they look nervous, scared, and perform like they are lost the first two minutes on the court. Look at the difference when Shump or Novak is called to go into the game...

Kiyaman

Legend
I really wish I had the quality buds that Kiya gets :smokin:

u cant afford it when u are not open or broad-minded....The 40-11 Chicago Bulls
C-Noah has a backup in C-Asic, PF-Boozer has a backup in PF-Gibson, also having
an alternative in Scalibrine.

Chandler & Stat need backups....Bynum & Gasol need backups....their headcoaches depend
souly on these players as the teams bigmen....would these two teams have a 50-50 chance
of beating the Chicago Bulls in a 7 game series???

The co-exist tandem of Jefferies & Novak will makeup for a missing Stat....but it still
dont give Tyson Chandler a 18 minute backup...
:smokin::gony: :smokin:

Benchwarmer
I think Austin Worthen will be available in about ten years. Watch out Novak!! :mrgreen:
Wait for .09 seconds.

I agree that we should cut Bibby, he's been worthless out there. How is he even seeing the court? The dude stands around on both sides of the court and when he does try to play D, he falls over and then can't get back up. I swear I could go to my local basketball court and close my eyes and point at a random player on the court and he'd be better than Bibby. Dude is horrid. I agree we need some interior offense/defense or else Chandler will be hurt next from being the only guy down low playing D.

8-10 years ago no one would've ever guessed that Bibby would be this useless.

p0nder

Starter
I like our roster, injuries happen. Cutting bibby to make room for another big man right now doesn't make sense, i'd rather get a qulity pg back up, but them's the breaks. regardless, no moves will be made until the offseason.