Knicks problem over the years? Bad Luck...

This STAT injury has me concerned. It seems that just about every time we get a difference making player, that player has some sort of issue.

Micheal Ray Richardson-Wanted to PARTY ALL THE TIME. If he stays clean he might be considered the best PG ever to play the game. He was that good.

Larry Johnson-Injured back I believe. I think he had it before we traded for him. He was a shell of himself compared to his days with the Hornets.

Bernie-This killed me. I think he got hurt the year before we drafted Pat. Man that combo would have been lethal.

Other times we just get a player a couple of years to late. Kiki, D harper, Blackmon.

I'm at the point where I almost hope we lose out and some how some way get the #1 pick, so that we could draft that kid Davis.

STAT here's to hoping you have a speedy and 100% recovery...

Den318

Benchwarmer
Stats out might not be such a bad thing. We have 2 superstars that wants the ball all the time. There's less ball movement with them both on the court. I really think the team "will" play better with just one of them. Let's wait and see.

This STAT injury has me concerned. It seems that just about every time we get a difference making player, that player has some sort of issue.

Micheal Ray Richardson-Wanted to PARTY ALL THE TIME. If he stays clean he might be considered the best PG ever to play the game. He was that good.

Larry Johnson-Injured back I believe. I think he had it before we traded for him. He was a shell of himself compared to his days with the Hornets.

Bernie-This killed me. I think he got hurt the year before we drafted Pat. Man that combo would have been lethal.

Other times we just get a player a couple of years to late. Kiki, D harper, Blackmon.

I'm at the point where I almost hope we lose out and some how some way get the #1 pick, so that we could draft that kid Davis.

STAT here's to hoping you have a speedy and 100% recovery...

Larry Johnson was still great for us, the only time he looked lost was in the 99 Finals against Tim Duncan who's 6 inches taller and arguably the best PF of all time...apart from that grandma was good.

Agree that he was better in Charlotte in terms of stats, but we traded him for a past it Mason so we really didn't lose in that trade, did we?

Let me add another one to your list bro:

Antonio McDyess 2002: We traded one of the best young centers in the game in Marcus Camby and a very good rookie in Nene for him and he broke his knee in preseason.....if that doesn't happen we're a definite playoff team and who knows we might have been able to make some noise that year. The East was very very weak and Houston had a career year, Spree was still around and Kurt Thomas played great defense. Add a healthy 20/10 McDyess to the mix and we might have been the surprise of the season....

petescud

Starter
I'd feel a lot better if we were just missing STAT...but we are without Lin, The Giraffe and STAT - and hopefully no more this week

Den318

Benchwarmer
Stat who?? Knicks are playing better without him. He and Melo are ball stoppers. One on the team is ok, two is 2 many. The Knicks won 7 in a row without Melo, might win 7 in a row without Stat.

YankeesGuy

Rookie
It's not called bad luck when you signed an injury prone player like A'mare and they get injured! It's called poor management.

It's like if the Knicks signed Brook Lopez to a long term contact and were shocked if he was out the season. It's a risky move, and it isn't always the best move, but A'mare has too much upside. Let's just hope he plays in the playoffs this year. Play through pain already?