Knicks @ Hawks: Fri, March 30th @ 7:30pm. Bird Hunting To Ascend

+ Rep Poll: How many dimes will Melo have tonight?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

shemmue0311

Benchwarmer
jimmoraplayoffs.jpg

TakMan

Rotation player
They played like a team and deserved to win. Knicks played as if they could win this just by turning up.

Most disappointing player: Chandler by a mile.

This game shows that if Jeffries, Lin, and STAT are not coming back soon, we just don't have enough rotation worthy bodies to play this condensed schedule and get a consistently good effort. Not sure what we can do roster wise at this point though. I can't imagine there are too many D League gems a la Earl Barron a couple years ago left.

redarmy81

Rookie
just great... the sixers lose to the wizards and give a big hand in the division, then our guys play like this.. 2 guys manage double digits and the best of the rest had 7.. great job guys great job..

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
@redarmy: the problem is on Wednesday 17% of all our shots were Carmelo's, tonight it's 34%. Carmelo shooting more means less touches for his teammates which turns into us losing. I prefer Carmelo scoring less but hitting higher percentage shots over Carmelo playing hero and willing to win it all which usually results in an L.

Red

TYPE-A
We can't win them all. (We can but it's not likely)

But we need to lose some in order to make the proper adjustments.

*We lost partly because I couldn't watch (work). Until the last 5 mins.

Now let's see the adjustments.

redarmy81

Rookie
melo shot 48% while the rest shot 34% (without shump, cause beside melo he was the only other player out there) and i think melo passed the ball and played good on D. what did anyone else do? still except shump.. they played neither offense or defense. melo had 34 while the rest had 29 combined.. who could he possibly pass the ball to when none of the others could make any shot.

VeryGundy

Benchwarmer
Two Fridays from today is Friday the 13th. Maybe Knicks will break the curse then.

Considering the loss of three key members to injury, this loss is somewhat acceptable. I am thrilled to see Melo's old self tonight.

Kiyaman

Legend
Something just didnt seem right about that LOSS....WTH we loss to our headcoach team....Woody put the Hawks Starters together in his 6 seasons....plus Alanta's one of my stompin grounds, I wouuldve been to damn fatique to win too

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
melo shot 48% while the rest shot 34% (without shump, cause beside melo he was the only other player out there) and i think melo passed the ball and played good on D. what did anyone else do? still except shump.. they played neither offense or defense. melo had 34 while the rest had 29 combined.. who could he possibly pass the ball to when none of the others could make any shot.
Basketball requires team work, it's all about balance. Chandler (highest FG% in the NBA) and Novak (2nd highest 3P%) with 6 attempts combined and Carmelo with 24 attempts (regardless of his FG%) clearly shows our offense was unbalanced. I checked some stats and our record with Carmelo attempting >20 shots/game is 2-11 this season. Design some plays to make use of Chandler's =presence in the paint and Novak's ability to shoot threes. We won't win anything if we allow one guy (whoever it may be) to attempt more than 1/3 of all our shots.