2012-13 Off-Season Thread

YuvalNYC

Rotation player
I decided to start this thread now because there's definitely gonna be a problematic off-season situation for that I think is currently overlooked.

Other than our Big 3 & Shump, TD, Jorts and Jerome who are locked in contracts ;

If Lin gets the MLE, we're going to have a potential problem re-signing
Novak (Is a $5-6 mil player at least imo, unlike what most thought earlier on)
Fields (We have his bird rights. He's probably gonna stay unless he's not wanted which I highly doubt.)
JR (If he gets a better offer than the $2.5 mil option, he's probably gonna dip, with the way he's playing, he's worth more than the $2.5).

I believe Baron and Jeffries will continue taking the vet min.

That still leaves Bibby and Walker in unclear situations, but I see them getting cut at the end (unless they're OK enough for resigning vet min..?)

Here's the salary situation, what are you're opinions?

21j3fgi.png

Last edited:

BrianMan

Benchwarmer
That Stat salary is such a killer, if he lived up to the paycheck then it would be a different story, but it's always something with him. I really hope that they can keep JR (who knows, maybe he will take the option, doubtful but one can dream), it may even be worth getting him the job over fields, then you can have (starting):

Melo
Chandler
Lin
Shump
JR

I like fields, but will he always be streaky, or is this not foretelling of the future?

YuvalNYC

Rotation player
That Stat salary is such a killer, if he lived up to the paycheck then it would be a different story, but it's always something with him. I really hope that they can keep JR (who knows, maybe he will take the option, doubtful but one can dream), it may even be worth getting him the job over fields, then you can have (starting):

Melo
Chandler
Lin
Shump
JR

I like fields, but will he always be streaky, or is this not foretelling of the future?

You mean

Melo
Chandler
STAT
Lin
Shump/JR ..

smokes

Huge Member
I think people are way too used to the last 3-4 seasons where most Knicks players have been like nomadic cats who come and go as they please.

This Knicks team is a hell of a lot more stable, you can see there is chemistry and comraderie between the players. It also can't be understated that we are a winning team and under Woodson a VERY winning team...

We are also one of those few franchises like Miami, Chicago, OKC where free agents would love to come and sign on the cheap to win a ring.

I think we won't have any issue getting everyone back next year. Possibly JR Smith as I worry about his money. He was on pretty decent contracts in Denver yet he had to go to China (for money?) so let's hope he isn't blowing his mills too quick.

atikiN

Rookie
I think people are way too used to the last 3-4 seasons where most Knicks players have been like nomadic cats who come and go as they please.

This Knicks team is a hell of a lot more stable, you can see there is chemistry and comraderie between the players. It also can't be understated that we are a winning team and under Woodson a VERY winning team...

We are also one of those few franchises like Miami, Chicago, OKC where free agents would love to come and sign on the cheap to win a ring.

I think we won't have any issue getting everyone back next year. Possibly JR Smith as I worry about his money. He was on pretty decent contracts in Denver yet he had to go to China (for money?) so let's hope he isn't blowing his mills too quick.

Hard to contend for a ring when your $21mil big man is down for the count.

Rob Low

Rotation player
There's not a team in this league that would give Novak 6 mill. Jr said he'll most likely stay and Lin will obviously be resigned with the MLE at the most. Fields hopefully will not be back, im getting tired of him and that hideous shot of his.

WNY_Knickfan

Benchwarmer
There's not a team in this league that would give Novak 6 mill. Jr said he'll most likely stay and Lin will obviously be resigned with the MLE at the most. Fields hopefully will not be back, im getting tired of him and that hideous shot of his.

Lol yes, I agree with this! Funny cuz your sig, but do we all recall how good we thought Shawne Williams was off the bench for us? We offered him the minimum, he walked on a barely better offer from the Nyets... I love Novak aka the white mamba, but he's not gonna be getting 5-6 mill offers, was too one dimensional, he's a super useful piece, but just a piece, teams can't afford that much of their cap for a guy that doesn't do more, I think Novak will be looking at 2-3 mill:2cents:

metrocard

Legend
Drop Fields
Drop Douglas
Drop Bibby

Resign Lin
Resign Jefferies
Resign Novak

Draft a PG, SG or a big man for potential and depth
Sign a FA SG

Rob Low

Rotation player
Drop Fields
Drop Douglas
Drop Bibby

Resign Lin
Resign Jefferies
Resign Novak

Draft a PG, SG or a big man for potential and depth
Sign a FA SG

Exactly Fields,Douglas, and Bibby are replaceable we have to make sure we resign Jeffries though, but I don't think he'd leave