Bruno Sundov
Moochie Norris
John Amaechi
Keith Van Horn

+1
minus Jeffries.

metrocard

Legend
The Jefferies acquired under Isiah was a totally different player compared to the one we have this season.

Kiyaman

Legend
I thought this thread was on the last player picked in the draft-Isaiah, not the first player picked in the draft-Isiah.
Isiah Thomas is very old-old news compared to the 50+ players Walsh added to Dolan's pay roll.
:2cents: back to the real Isaiah Thomas........
I dont know how so many NBA teams slept on "Isaiah Thomas" in the 2011 draft....I'm still confuse on the ROY between.....

A) Irving?
B) Knight?
C) Shumpert?
D) Isaiah?

Kyrie Irving was leading all rookies for the ROY-award untill he hit the wall with a sprained shoulder injury in 45 games....this compress 66 game season been knocking out rookies in the 3rd & 4th round.
The NBA summer league tournament for intro conditioning for rookies was missed big time for this tough schedule.

YuvalNYC

Rotation player
The Jefferies acquired under Isiah was a totally different player compared to the one we have this season.

I believe that without that Jeffries we wouldnt have this one...
So i guess it led to something good in the long run... except his bloated salary back then

Kiyaman

Legend
I believe that without that Jeffries we wouldnt have this one...
So i guess it led to something good in the long run... except his bloated salary back then

Jefferies showed to be a star-defensive-player when Jefferies have a strong defensive-leader in the lineup....on the Wizards it was Larry Hughes defensive-leadership....it was Larry Hughes Leadership again on the Knicks when the Knicks went on a win streak after the 1-9 start....this season it was Tyson Chandler defensive-leadership in the lineup with Jefferies when both Stat & Melo were out.

Notice the time frame....Jefferies has always been injured at the start of every Knicks season....Knicks started this season off as losers with rookie Harrelson as the only bigman coming off the bench, Harrellson get injured the same week Jefferies is healthy to play. After the Lin-Santy 7 game win streak era Stat return to the rotation where the Knicks would win one lose one, when Melo return from injury the Knicks went on a 6 game losing streak, during the beginning of the losing streak Harrelson becomes healthy to play, and guess who comes down with an injury? Jared Jefferies.

New New York

Quiet Storm
Vin Baker
Penny Hardaway
Jalen Rose
Steve Francis
Stephon Marbury
Q-RIch
Tim Thomas
Jerome James
Jared Jefferies
Maurice Taylor
Kelvin Cato
Nikoloz Tskitishvili
Qyntel Woods
Jamison Brewer
Mengke Bateer
Andre Barrett
DeMarr Johnson
Bruno Sundov
Moochie Norris
John Amaechi
Keith Van Horn

I hate Isiah as much as the next man but lets be accurate

Kieth Van Horn was a Scott Layden move and I think John Amaechi as well

Plus David Lee and Wilson Nate Robinson Ariza are not there and neither is then slept on player Matt Barnes!

Why are we living in the past nowadays, I opened a Marbuary appreciation thread today now and Isiah one, they personafied the worst era in Knicks basketball, we have a winning team now with promise, lets really move past it! :gony:

Kiyaman

Legend

Plus David Lee and Wilson Nate Robinson Ariza are not there and neither is then slept on player Matt Barnes!

Why are we living in the past nowadays, I opened a Marbuary appreciation thread today now and Isiah one, they personafied the worst era in Knicks basketball, we have a winning team now with promise, lets really move past it! :gony:

Yeah....I did my best to change this thread focus on Jefferies, plus a discussion on why we didnt make an effort to buy the last pick of the 2011 draft (PG-Isaiah Thomas) to go along with rookies SG-Shump, PF-Harrellson, and C-Jordan.
We released 2 PG of lastseason (Carter/Billups) to signed 3 PG this season (Bibby/Davis/Lin)....if u add combo-Shump thats 4 PG. When the Kings been trying to sell or trade their last pick...

metrocard

Legend

you don't hate Isiah enough.

nothing wrong with discussing history.

KingCharles34

All Star
Vin Baker
Penny Hardaway
Jalen Rose
Steve Francis
Stephon Marbury
Q-RIch
Tim Thomas
Jerome James
Jared Jefferies
Maurice Taylor
Kelvin Cato
Nikoloz Tskitishvili
Qyntel Woods
Jamison Brewer
Mengke Bateer
Andre Barrett
DeMarr Johnson
Bruno Sundov
Moochie Norris
John Amaechi
Keith Van Horn

Only 2 good players on the team...its amazing how Marbury carried the team most those years except the year Larry Brown coached, but his stint with the Bobcats proved that his times been up for a while now. Hes old and not relevant to the modern athlete. If you switched Marbury with J Kidd at that time I doubt the Knicks woulda been a playoff team. That roster makes me sick, it makes me more thankful for the roster we have now.

A couple players on that list were supposed to be real good like Qyntel woods and Tskitishvili. Van Horn can at least say he had a solid career. Tim Thomas had a stretch for us where he went hard (No Amaechi), but he was still one of the more frustrating players to watch. Never lived up to his potential and was one of the worst defensive players in the NBA

metrocard

Legend
Isiah Thomas Fired As FIU Head Coach
Apr 06, 2012 2:31 PM EDT

Isiah Thomas has been relieved of his duties as head coach of Florida International.

"We want to thank Isiah Thomas for his three years here at FIU," Paul Garcia said. "However, we have decided to take the program in a different direction."

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/220330/Isiah_Thomas_Fired_As_FIU_Head_Coach#ixzz1rI8dfl8i

Thomas_Isiah_ncaa_091104.jpg

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
Lol they clearly hired him for a publicity stunt. So in that regard I suppose it worked for the first year? Haven't heard of any notable recruits going there.

But FIU sucks in general, and bringing in a awful coach obviously wasn't going to change things.

New New York

Quiet Storm
you don't hate Isiah enough.

nothing wrong with discussing history.

thin line betwen hate and obsession! 5 years later still making threads about him, what would you call it?

I hate him enough to have him mean nothing to me as long as he is not with our team!

I hate Jerome James and would never make a thread to express now that he is long gone....even for the pupose of "history"