Jeffries, STAT, or Lin - Who's return will be the biggest?

Who's return will be the biggest as it stands now?

• Jeffries

Votes: 12 23.1%
  • STAT

Votes: 19 36.5%
  • Lin

Votes: 21 40.4%

• Total voters

novaman

Benchwarmer
Having just watched the Knicks/Bulls game, I'd have to say that between STAT and Lin, the knicks need Lin now more than Stat. BD just can't do it and the lack of a legit PG is turning this into an ugly team on the offensive end

groundpilot

Benchwarmer
I picked Lin. After tadays game its more obvious to me that Lin is more important for this team as we still dont have a real point guard without him.
Obviously Stat is very important too, but if i had to choose it has to be Lin.
Also Melo is more effective offensively when Stat is not playing.

NYCLakerfan

Rotation player
In Woodson's offense the PG isn't that important it would be great to have Lin for his penetration and all around scoring. But if the Knicks had Amare as a number 2 instead of JR today to help Melo keep pressure on the Bulls this game most likely would not go to over time.

Munchen13

Benchwarmer
are you guys kidding with these voting results?

dont get me wrong, i love lin and all..

but STAT is essential in the playoffs, we need his physicality (clyde's voice)

no STAT, no party

NYCLakerfan

Rotation player
are you guys kidding with these voting results?

dont get me wrong, i love lin and all..

but STAT is essential in the playoffs, we need his physicality (clyde's voice)

no STAT, no party

Yea I'm honestly flabbergasted by these results lol

I don't think ppl realize the MOST important thing in the playoffs are go to guys that can carry you. Not to mention who knows how Lin will play against opposing teams defense in the playoffs, Amare is a proven player in the post season he usually actually plays some of his best ball in the playoffs.

Munchen13

Benchwarmer

I don't think ppl realize the MOST important thing in the playoffs are go to guys that can carry you. Not to mention who knows how Lin will play against opposing teams defense in the playoffs, Amare is a proven player in the post season he usually actually plays some of his best ball in the playoffs.

i totally agree, after all.. it's not like we have options for who to be back between both lol

amare did great in one game of last year's playoffs against the celtics.. he owned KG with almost 25 points, he was a monster

plus, i dont recall any championship teams who didnt have AT LEAST two big men carrying them at both ends

2011 mavs: chandler and dirk (yeah he rebounded and blocked, he aint soft)

lakers (pau's outstanding rebounding abilities, bynum)

spurs (the presence of a living legend like timmy is enough)

2006 heat (shaq, need i say more?)

2004 pistons (wallace at his prime was a moving wall of defense plus sheed)

shaq's lakers (shaq at his prime)

so yeah... stat is pretty much needed

NYCLakerfan

Rotation player
i totally agree, after all.. it's not like we have options for who to be back between both lol

amare did great in one game of last year's playoffs against the celtics.. he owned KG with almost 25 points, he was a monster

plus, i dont recall any championship teams who didnt have AT LEAST two big men carrying them at both ends

2011 mavs: chandler and dirk (yeah he rebounded and blocked, he aint soft)

lakers (pau's outstanding rebounding abilities, bynum)

spurs (the presence of a living legend like timmy is enough)

2006 heat (shaq, need i say more?)

2004 pistons (wallace at his prime was a moving wall of defense plus sheed)

shaq's lakers (shaq at his prime)

so yeah... stat is pretty much needed

Yea when winning a championship having good big men are almost essential

Kiyaman

Legend

I dont think u watch any of the "ISO" games this season....if u did then u could understand why more members selected Lin over Stat....
C-Tyson Chandler
PF-???
SF-Melo
SG-Shump
PG-Lin
Stat's NBA career has not been as a PF....check Stat"s position in his last 3 All-Star appearances...

groundpilot

Benchwarmer
I dont think u watch any of the "ISO" games this season....if u did then u could understand why more members selected Lin over Stat....
C-Tyson Chandler
PF-???
SF-Melo
SG-Shump
PG-Lin
Stat's NBA career has not been as a PF....check Stat"s position in his last 3 All-Star appearances...
Are you saying Stat and Chandler cant coexist?

KingCharles34

All Star
You guys are crazy if u think Stats gonna pick up right where he left off. By the time he comes back we'll have 4 or 5 games left, if that. We saw how long it took him to get into shape before, hes gonna come back and pick up stupid fouls. He'll got called for charging, he'll get his shot blocked 5 or 6 times a game. We're better off without him coming back, we know now that Lins basically done but his return woulda been far more important. What can Stat do to help our lack of ball movement? Nothing. Stats a dumb choice at this point, he should rest up and get into great shape for next year. My guess is it would take Amare 2 to 3 weeks to get into shape, he doesnt have that much time.

rogeryy

Benchwarmer
Derrick Rose, who was 1 for 13 from the field for a career-low two points, said he had no issue with being benched late in the Chicago Bulls' 96-86 overtime win over the Miami Heat on Thursday.......

And he was constantly referred to as a point guard "much" greater than Lin.

And he was blocked by Lin big time during their first encounter.

Now ppl are saying blah blah blah and hint Lin's not a "proven player" in the post season. If only proven players can play playoff games, then there will be no playoffs.

Let me put it right here: Lin will continue to improve and evolve into a superstar, but he has just played enough games to prove that he's a very very good NBA level basketball player.

p.s. I know perfectly well that Rose's value should not be judged by just this one game. But I've noticed that many ppl have said things about Lin based on a particular scene or two, only. That's kind of not fair!

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
Stat is back tomorrow. He said so on his twitter.
@amareisrael: Just drove back from practice, @nyknicks looking good for game vs. @Heat tomorrow, thx again to @LRManhattanNYC for the new Range

Where did he say he's playing tomorrow? :2cents:

KingCharles34

All Star
Stat is back tomorrow. He said so on his twitter.

ducktales.gif

masri01

Rookie
@amareisrael: Just drove back from practice, @nyknicks looking good for game vs. @Heat tomorrow, thx again to @LRManhattanNYC for the new Range

Where did he say he's playing tomorrow? :2cents:

Well when someone says his looking good for tomorrow's game it usually means he is going to play. Right now I'd say there is more of a chance of him playing tomorrow then not playing...

CoolClyde

haven't commented on this, as I was thinking about it.

I voted Lin. as we all know, PG is essential.
although the Cunning Lingus may be turnover prone (less and less as season progressed),
his PG ability to get in the paint and pass to the open man is KEY.
plus he's a good defender.

STAT has off games where all he's doing is shooting short jumpers and missing, and not playing dee to the max.
you can't assume he's going to be back where he was when he returns. the last time he returned, it took him at least
2 weeks to get back to form.

Girafferies, the same. when he was in mid-season form, playing D, getting O and D 'bounds,
flopping like the Giraffefish, and actually taking it to the hoop (usually from Lin), he is excellent.
but seeing how he's playing now, fumbling and bumbling on the O, he can be detrimental at times.

All things being equal, if all 3 players are at their best, I'd have to go with Lin.

NYCLakerfan

Rotation player
C-Tyson Chandler
PF-???
SF-Melo
SG-Shump
PG-Lin

He was a PF in his last 3 ASG appearances what are you talking about? I fully understand that he's done a lot of damage at the 5 through out his career but he is a PF and was figuring out how to play with Chandler and Melo.

Now I do not expect him to take off from where he left off but I'd rather go to war in the playoffs with Amare than Lin. Lin is not proven in the playoffs at all he's going to be rusty as well and the Heat or Bulls defense might expose Lin again.

With Woodson as the coach you don't need a good PG as much as with MDA, if MDA was still the coach I'd agree since his offense relies so heavily on the PG. But with Woodson you need player you can throw the rock to and let them go to work especially since the Knicks are struggling to find a 2nd scorer consistently. And Lin and Melo don't gel well.

Cuckoo

Benchwarmer
He was a PF in his last 3 ASG appearances

Now I do not expect him to take off from where he left off but I'd rather go to war in the playoffs with Amare than Lin. Lin is not proven in the playoffs at all he's going to be rusty as well and the Heat or Bulls defense might expose Lin again.

With Woodson as the coach you don't need a good PG as much as with MDA....
What is wrong with this offensive lineup if you dont have a good PG to drive to the basket:

Chander: Never known as 1 on 1 and cant score without PnR or dish out by a driving PG.

Stat at 4: All ISO without a driving PG

Melo at 3 or 4: ISO

Shump at 1 or 2: Outside jumper with no experience at PnR. Can drive but can't finish and not a good passer in the paint.

Fields at 2 or 3: Not known as a passer and inconsistant driving skill.

BD 1: At 33, he just can't drive consistantly.

Without a PG who can drive & dish or play PnR, Knicks half-court offense becomes stagnant with less ball movements, less scoring in the paint, and less open shots.
With the exception of Wizards game, this was how Knicks played lately. Some of the wins came out UGLY.