Current Knicks vs 94 Knicks in a 7 Game Series...Who U Got?

1994 Knicks vs 2012 Knicks, 7 Games, Who u Got?

• 1994 Knicks

Votes: 13 72.2%
  • 2012 Knicks

Votes: 5 27.8%

• Total voters

KingCharles34

All Star
PG Lin > Harper
SG Starks > Fields
SF Melo > Anthony Mason
PF Oakley > Stat
C Ewing > Chandler

Bench: Mobb Deep all day

Id take the 94 Knicks in a 7 game series, that was one of the best defensive teams ever. But I think Chandler would do a solid job of defending Ewing, Stat would struggle against Oakley. Carmelo vs Mason would be a good matchup. Melo could get his shot off almost anytime, he could probably drive past Mason too but he wouldnt be able to post him up. Starks is better then Fields but I'd take our 3 shooting guards (Fields, Shumpert and Smith) over Starks anyday. Harper was a solid point guard, i remember him being clutch. He didnt put up the best stats but controlled the tempo well and was a great defender. It'd be a fun matchup to watch

Part 2 Coming Soon!! 99 Knicks vs Current knicks, the poll needs about 15 votes before i make that thread

Deathstroke

Benchwarmer
Are you kidding me? The 94 Knicks would herb everybody on the Knicks today if STAT and Melo are on then Oak and Mason might have some trouble guarding them but I'm taking the 94 Knicks any day

KingCharles34

All Star
Damn fellas you would think i said the current Knicks are better with these first couple of posts. Are you guys serious? My nuts, please get off. Thank you

Just share your opinions, no need for the are you kidding me responses

And u guys are actin like the 94 Knicks would be able to play as physical as they did back then. Oakley would be fouled out before half time, same with just about every other player on the team. The game would be played under the current NBA rules

Sage

Rotation player
Because this is hypothetical, I'm thinking the 94 team should be allowed to play the style of game that existed in 94, so they could get away with a lot more physicality. Plus I think 94 was the last year you could handcheck and Harper was one of the kings at that.

PG: Harper (94)
SG: Starks (94)
SF: Melo (Current. 3 was Charles Smith remember, Mason came off the bench)
PF: Oakley (94)
C: Ewing (94)

Bench: Mob Deep

I think it would go 6 games, but the 94 team would win.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
94 Knicks. They'd scare the piss out of our back-court. But considering the present day game's lack of testosterone they'd probably all get suspended.

Rob Low

Rotation player
I think the current roster is more talented but the 94 roster had a lot of intangibles that the current one doesn't. The 94 team would probably win but it would be close because they would have no answer for Melo

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
Oakley is not better than STAT. What is with all the STAT hate here?

But yes like others have said I also believe the 94 Knicks would win.

New New York

Quiet Storm
94 fo sho!

Derek Harper vs. Jeremy Lin-Harper played lockdown D and hit jumpers as needed and drove the ball as good as any guard we ever had! Even if Lin Max's his potential I'd still take a Derrick Harper, not a slight at Lin, but I got Walt,Earl and then Derrick Harper as the greatest Knick PG's

Advantage 94

Starks vs. Shump-Feilds is our starter, but that is not even a conversation worth entertaining in comparing he and John Starks so I put in Shump who at least is comparable! Two tough defenders, streak shooters who look amazing when hot and terrible when off, yet Stark's fire and heart is unmatched! Ewing said if he had to go into the fight of his life and could only take one person he would take Starks! That's saying a lot!!!! Plus Starks head butt Reggie makes him legend and not to mention Shump is only a rook!

Advantage 94

Melo vs. Charles Smith-well Melo's string of miss layups against Orlando the other night was Charles Smith-esque, yet insert Melo into the 94 team for Smith (just need Marty and Doc Brown's time machine) and that's a championship dynasty, insert Smith to this squad for Melo, and we are lottery team! Melo is shorter but played bigger around the basket than Smith ever did

Advantage 2012

Oak vs. Stat-Depends on which Stat, last year's Stat was an All Time Great and had he continued to play at that level maybe The Greatest Knick PF ever, yet Oak did what he did for years! All Star, All NBA defender and the type of thorough hard nose player New York sports is all about! This is believe it or not a tough one despite Oak being my All Time Favorite Knick, would Pat have a ring if he had a player of Stat's caliber playing along side of him during 94?

Advantage-Oak (simply out of respect)

Ewing vs. Tyson-Tyson is what we have needed since Patrick left and we have gotten a washed up Mutumbo and a couple of failed projects (nicely put) Tyson is the answer to Stat's weaknesses on the frontcourt and should have been an All Star, should get his 3rd Gold Medal this summer, and should be on the All NBA Defense first team (first Knick since Oak in 94, I think) But Pat is Pat! All Star every year, the backbone of the team from 85 til 2000! An NBA legend for sure and The Greatest Knick ever!!!!

Advantage 94

Feilds vs Anthony Bonner-Feilds
JR Smith vs. Hubert Davis-Davis
Mason vs. Jefferies-Mason (at least that's not a commical comparison anymore)
Herb Williams vs. Jorts- Herb
BD vs Greg Anthony- BD
Renaldo Blackman vs Toney Douglas-Blackman (by a nose hair)
Novak vs Nick Anderson-Novak (like comparing Em to Vailla Ice)

Great thread!

metrocard

Legend
it depends what rules you play under.

Lin rapes Harper all day tho. Harper was a good defender, but even good defenders get burned. Lin would of been the most strongest and athletic PG's in the 90's

Uncle Robo

Benchwarmer
94 Knicks.

Pat Riley would outcoach Woodson.
Woodson's bought defense back to the Knicks, but all present and future Knicks defense will always be compared to Riley's Knicks.

KingCharles34

All Star
I think some of u guys that are stickin up for Stat are being a little sensitive here, its very logical to think that Oakley would be a bad matchup for Stat style wise. Even with todays rules Oakley would still be a great defender, he'd be like a much better version of Kendrick perkins. I think Oakley would come close to locking down any version of Stat with the Knicks. The only Stat that would sh*t on Oakley is the one from before the knee injury

Shumperts a better defender then Starks, hes more like Sprewell. If we had Spree from the time he was a rookie we woulda beat the bulls at least once.

Are you serious bro? 1994 team would sweep our current team.

This.

And btw: The 72-73 team is the greatest Knick team of all time.

Clyde, Earl the Pearl and Dick Barnett in the backcourt. Bradley, DeBusschere, Phil Jackson and Jerry Lucas at the forward spots and of course Willis at center...damn!

Talk about a stacked roster.

With unbiased refs they'd probably sweep the current Heat.

Kiyaman

Legend
Are you serious bro? 1994 team would sweep our current team.

:agreed::agreed::agreed:
Swept clean off the Map....Pat Riley & Anthony Mason....help Jordan's decision to retire in 1993 ECF all 7 games, thats how we got to the FINALS in 94.

Back then Anthony Mason & Rodman were the toughest bigmen in the NBA...
Lets get it right....Nash & Stat are generics of "Stocton & Malone"

petescud

Starter
Not to put down our current roster, but we'd be lucky to put up 80 points a game against the 94 team...i'd say they would win 4 games to 1 in a best of 7

KingCharles34

All Star
:agreed::agreed::agreed:
Swept clean off the Map....Pat Riley & Anthony Mason....help Jordan's decision to retire in 1993 ECF all 7 games, thats how we got to the FINALS in 94.

Back then Anthony Mason & Rodman were the toughest bigmen in the NBA...
Lets get it right....Nash & Stat are generics of "Stocton & Malone"

Even though i wish that was true, its far from the truth. Jordan retired because his gambling debts got his father killed, Stern knew about it. So they came up with the plan for MJ to retire and let it blow over, it was John Starks who guarded Jordan and constantly got raped by him. If we had Sprewell or Shumpert back then, MJ woulda looked like a role player

PaPZ187

Benchwarmer
Even though i wish that was true, its far from the truth. Jordan retired because his gambling debts got his father killed, Stern knew about it. So they came up with the plan for MJ to retire and let it blow over, it was John Starks who guarded Jordan and constantly got raped by him. If we had Sprewell or Shumpert back then, MJ woulda looked like a role player

No one would of made MJ look like a role player, unfortunatly......and thats the main reason we never made it to a Finals while he was playing, he was just that damn great. Iman or Spree would of def presented some challenges to him though.

BTW.......Oak>>>Mason in terms of toughness and defense to the other poster.

gaknickfan

Benchwarmer

Jordan role player????? dude ur talking about the greatest SG in NBA history ...kobe is the only player whos game most resembles .....and MJ was still a better player ....think MSG jordan 5 games back after a year off to play F#@K baseball and the guy still drops a double nickel on us !!! on what many here have said was one of the best defensive team at that time...best SG alltime no doubt ...in his prime couldnt be stop period !!! and one of the best defensive SG of alltime!!!!

gaknickfan

Benchwarmer
No one would of made MJ look like a role player, unfortunatly......and thats the main reason we never made it to a Finals while he was playing, he was just that damn great. Iman or Spree would of def presented some challenges to him though.

BTW.......Oak>>>Mason in terms of toughness and defense to the other poster.

:agreed: take MJ away and we win aleast two titles