• Chicago Bulls

Votes: 21 60.0%
  • Miami Heat

Votes: 14 40.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Kiyaman

Legend
Simple thread. If you can chose who to face in the first round of the playoffs, who would you rather face? Who do you think we match up better against? What is the reasoning?
(This is assuming we don't win the division.)

Stop foolin yourself and others....our Knicks dont matchup with any of the two top teams in the eastern conference, especially in a postseason series.
It does not matter if we won two games in the "regular-season" vs both those teams....their goal from the start of the regular season has been preparation for the FINALS.

It was obvious to all NBA fans on Dec 9th, who the top-2 winning teams would be in the ECF.
If I had the $$$ to buy Knicks postseason tickets....who the hell do u think I want to see at those expensive prices? if u picked Wade/Bron/Bosh athleticism....u damn right!!!
Athletically D.Rose = Wade....but Lebron athleticism = the Bulls team + sum

JS3

Benchwarmer
Its like being asked what death do you prefer: to be drowned or to get burned....

I have to choose Miami, 99 all back again, Le-choke will be terrified to be out, and we will have the chance to stick it to the gel man "pat the rat" once again

source24

Rookie
Its like being asked what death do you prefer: to be drowned or to get burned....

I have to choose Miami, 99 all back again, Le-choke will be terrified to be out, and we will have the chance to stick it to the gel man "pat the rat" once again

Bigger the stage, the more pressure there is for the Heat to crack. I go with the heat. The media will make it a huge matchup. And if Melo can stay on his tear and the bench can step up, I think we have a good chance.

Bigger the stage, the more pressure there is for the Heat to crack. I go with the heat. The media will make it a huge matchup. And if Melo can stay on his tear and the bench can step up, I think we have a good chance.

Mhhhh not so sure, I think we've played well against them on Sunday. Melo was superhuman and we still lost.

The problem is we can't beat them on the boards and they are the toughest team to defend against. We can score against them, but we struggle to slow them down offensively it seems. Maybe a series where Amar'e could help? If he could finally play a little defense that is....

Other than that, Miami is a horribly difficult matchup in a best of 7 series.

I'd say it's 50-50 with NFL Playoff rules, We'd go to South Bitch play our game as a unit, with the knowledge in mind that Melo can get things done, while Lechocke does his disappearing act, Wade picks up his mandatory minor injury, Bosh gets his empty double double and the rest of them do **** all.....yeah, I could see us beating them if the series was no series but one game like in the NFL.

But in a best of 7 series - 4 wins against the Heat with NO homecourt.....forget it.

Knicks32

Benchwarmer
Does it matter who we play regarding the second round?

How does the second round get determined?

For example, if we beat the the number 1 seed, does the second round get the lowest seed available then?

InGodsHands

Benchwarmer
Does it matter who we play regarding the second round?

How does the second round get determined?

For example, if we beat the the number 1 seed, does the second round get the lowest seed available then?

lol no.

Winer of 1st seed vs 8th seed matchup meets 4th seed vs 5th seed winner in semifinals.

Winner of 2nd seed vs 7th seed matchup meets winner of 3th seed vs 6th seed matchup.

miked1958

Rotation player
lol no.

Winer of 1st seed vs 8th seed matchup meets 4th seed vs 5th seed winner in semifinals.

Winner of 2nd seed vs 7th seed matchup meets winner of 3th seed vs 6th seed matchup.

Well the bad part about this conversation is we wont have to worry about who we face in 2nd round. It will be who the Knicks are watching on TV playing in the second round.

We lost any chance of 2nd round talk when we tanked in Cleveland

miked1958

Rotation player
Mhhhh not so sure, I think we've played well against them on Sunday. Melo was superhuman and we still lost.

The problem is we can't beat them on the boards and they are the toughest team to defend against. We can score against them, but we struggle to slow them down offensively it seems. Maybe a series where Amar'e could help? If he could finally play a little defense that is....

Other than that, Miami is a horribly difficult matchup in a best of 7 series.

I'd say it's 50-50 with NFL Playoff rules, We'd go to South Bitch play our game as a unit, with the knowledge in mind that Melo can get things done, while Lechocke does his disappearing act, Wade picks up his mandatory minor injury, Bosh gets his empty double double and the rest of them do **** all.....yeah, I could see us beating them if the series was no series but one game like in the NFL.

But in a best of 7 series - 4 wins against the Heat with NO homecourt.....forget it.
you are right. usually you can have an upset in the NFL with a top team going down to an underdog in playoffs or SB cause it is just one game. if you take that 18-0 pats team or the 15-1 packer team and play them 7 times more then likely the better team will come out on top./ So with us vs bulls or heat. well. in a long series the better team will come out on top. we may steal a game or 2 but in the end we lose in 5or 6games. we need to worry about not getting totally embarrassed like last season and get swept vs worring about who we may play in 2nd round. lol

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
1st round KNICKS VS HEAT

EVERYONE IN THE WORLD WANTS TO SEE THIS HAPPEN

all the pressure is on the HEAT imo. Everyone is already saying the knicks aren't beating the heat

If the Heat choke in this series, the Media will crumble them into pieces

I really think the key to beating the heat is the Zone defense. The knicks usually play man 2 man defense which usually leads to someone stuck on some kind of mismatch. If we can turn the heat into a jumpshooting team and limit their fast breaks we have a good shot at beating them.

NYCLakerfan

Rotation player
you are right. usually you can have an upset in the NFL with a top team going down to an underdog in playoffs or SB cause it is just one game. if you take that 18-0 pats team or the 15-1 packer team and play them 7 times more then likely the better team will come out on top./ So with us vs bulls or heat. well. in a long series the better team will come out on top. we may steal a game or 2 but in the end we lose in 5or 6games. we need to worry about not getting totally embarrassed like last season and get swept vs worring about who we may play in 2nd round. lol

You don't know that the Knicks could get upset their mentally weak, I would not be surprise if Lebron has another break down.

Don't forget just last year the top seeded Spurs in West got eliminated by the 8th seeded Grizzles.

NYCLakerfan

Rotation player
You know what....... I want the Heat over the Bulls now.

I was talking to my friend who's a die hard Knicks fan was talking about how he thinks with Wade's injury Shumpert might really shut him down, Lebron might fold having to play against Melo who's playing better than anyone in the league right now with so much pressure, and Amare coming back in good shape that he's really confident NY will beat MIA.

I was telling him I wouldn't be surprised if the Heats get upset I'm 50/50 on this series honestly it really comes down if Lebron can mentally handle playing against Melo and how healthy Wade really is.

I was talking to my friend who's a die hard Knicks fan was talking about how he thinks with Wade's injury Shumpert might really shut him down, Lebron might fold having to play against Melo who's playing better than anyone in the league right now with so much pressure, and Amare coming back in good shape that he's really confident NY will beat MIA.

I was telling him I wouldn't be surprised if the Heats get upset I'm 50/50 on this series honestly it really comes down if Lebron can mentally handle playing against Melo and how healthy Wade really is.
Yep I hear ya. That's pretty much why I came around to favoring a Miami matchup over Chicago. The X Factor is Bosh imo. Amare might get his but he cant let Bosh get 25 right back. I think our bench when it is clicking is leaps and bounds better than theirs tho.

NYCLakerfan

Rotation player
Yep I hear ya. That's pretty much why I came around to favoring a Miami matchup over Chicago. The X Factor is Bosh imo. Amare might get his but he cant let Bosh get 25 right back. I think our bench when it is clicking is leaps and bounds better than theirs tho.

Yea Bosh is the X-factor and has Chandlers number for some reason hopefully some how Amare can do a better job than him than Chandler has this year.

orangeblobman

Rotation player
I think this question, about Lebron "being able to handle the pressure" of playing with Melo, is wack sauce.

Pressure?? Playing against Melo!?

Lebron doesn't feel pressure from pudgy bums like Melo.

Heat 4-0.

Chicago 4-0.

Phil Jax next season!

I think this question, about Lebron "being able to handle the pressure" of playing with Melo, is wack sauce.

Pressure?? Playing against Melo!?

Lebron doesn't feel pressure from pudgy bums like Melo.

Heat 4-0.

Chicago 4-0.

Phil Jax next season!

Man you're really going on my last damn nerve with your love for Lebron.

Please add him on Facebook or join a Miami Heat forum to talk with similar fanboys.

Lebron:

7868c9eaa99d.gif

CLYDE

Benchwarmer
Chances against Heat are better than Bulls IMHO.

Melo can offset LeBron, Shump can defend Wade quite well, and Chandler must stop Bosh, which he can.

This will not be easy, but we have a decent chance. As others have said, zone these guys to slow them down. Doc Rivers has proved this.

If Stat comes up big and JR & Novacain hit 3's it could be glory days again.

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
Bulls are a much tougher matchup, way better point, comparable pieces at all other positions, deeper bench. Heat, better #2 spot, slightly better #3, comparable #4 and way worse center and point position + no bench. I'm taking Miami.