Idea Suggestion: Lamar Odom?

p0nder

Starter
i remember when Odom came into the league and we were looking at a very talented player with a bad attitude. and i think it's still the same.

He wouldn't fit on the knicks where it's family and defense and hustle and heart over flash and style. He can still have a job in the NBA for a contending team but I don't think he's a good fit for this organization.

Kiyaman

Legend
i remember when Odom came into the league and we were looking at a very talented player with a bad attitude. and i think it's still the same.

He wouldn't fit on the knicks where it's family and defense and hustle and heart over flash and style. He can still have a job in the NBA for a contending team but I don't think he's a good fit for this organization.

I dont know all about that, Lamar Odoms was a high school product sellected in the draft by the worst team to be drafted by in the NBA for several decades. Plus Lamar Odom became D.Wade & Kobe's side kick Pippin....however, the organization didnt think that way when offers of a (big $$$ making) "Shaq" & "CP3" were offered for Lamar Odom....recall Odom ran dozen of plays for Kobe & Gasol as the point-foward.

nyk_nyk

All Star
Anyone who thinks Odom is washed up is crazy. He's still salty from the botched trade and never wanted to leave. He's clearly checked out for the season and it shows. Make no mistake though, the dude can still average a double double with no problem. He's basically like fukc this season.

I'd welcome him here but I agree with most that I wouldn't want the Kardashian cloud coming with him. Just think about it, he's a superior defender vs Amare and he can handle the rock like a guard PLUS an above average rebounder.

shizzee

Benchwarmer
shizzee is back

He lost his best friend in a motorcycle accident. He lost his 2 yr old infant child who had down syndrome. He lost one of parents. I think he had some good excuse.

Here is the problem with Knicks signing Free Agents. While Fields Shumpert Melo Jorts Jordan Amare Douglas are all under contract. We won't be able to get the talent we need here without trading Amare to give us the proper depth and scoring off the bench to be contender. Its bad luck to say we won't get passed the 1st round considering the last shorten season we had 99-00. But it is highly unlikely that we can win with this undersized depleted roster. We need to replace BD, Novak & Jeffries this off season. Jorts Jordan Douglas are not reliable. We only mid level exception to resign Jeremy Lin eing that we are over the cap. Their is only few team who consider taking on Amare contract. In return we have to take smaller long term contract of avg players to fill our voids. Orlando is the most likely suitor. Their goal is get Howard 2nd star so he sign long term contract. They require interior 2nd go-to-guy to with Howard and all the other shooters. he would mind playing next to another star. If Amare is traded, i do believe him & Nash will be paired up again. It might even be here NY, but that mean we signed Nash instead of resigning Lin.

Paul1355

All Star
Dallas has deaded him.

Question to you guys.

If he washed up?

Can he give us quality play while Amare is gone?

As Tommy Dee says, Odom is the perfect role player and can providde big minutes if the injury prone Amare gets hurt again.

We need a legit starter playing PF so we can keep Anthony at SF so we are not too small.

Odom can also handle the ball so we don't have a stagnant offense.

He is from NY and I believe would relish the chance to play here.

THe only downside is his show because of the PR problems.

YuvalNYC

Rotation player
The thing with Lamar Odom is.. he has a $8.2 mil team option in his contract... so if he would have been a productive Mavs player, they wouldve taken up that option and that would cost him another year in Dallas, which he clearly didnt want.

Or

They wouldve taken up that option and traded him to another team he didn't want to play for, costing him another probable season someplace he didnt want to play..

If it would've been a $8.2 mil player option, he probably would've pocketed the dough and stick it out another year in Dallas..
He made his money already he just wants to end his career on his terms where he wants ... aka L.A.

Knicks4Life_1985

★The Floor General★
He is too soft for NY.

Early life

Odom was born in:alert: South Jamaica, Queens, New York:alert:. His father was a heroin addict and his mother died of colon cancer when he was twelve years old.[1][2] He was raised by his grandmother Mildred.[3]
In his first three years of high school, Odom played for Christ The King Regional High School in Middle Village, New York. He transferred first to Redemption Christian Academy in Troy, New York for the basketball season and then to St. Thomas Aquinas High School in New Britain, Connecticut.[4][5] Odom was named the Parade Magazine Player of the Year in 1997.[6] He was named to the USA Today All-USA 1st Team as a senior.[7] During his youth, Odom was teamed with Elton Brand of the Philadelphia 76ers and Ron Artest of the Los Angeles Lakers on the same AAU team.[8]

You can't be for real

KingCharles34

All Star
I live right near New Britain, I work with people that went to high school with Lamar. His upbringin was tough but lets not act like he hasnt turned to terry cloth...which would mean that hes very soft

Knicks4Life_1985

★The Floor General★
Thanks for the update. One question for all you people calling LO soft. What do you have in terms of a situation that makes you think he is soft? Have anyone of yall chilled with him at a bar and as soon as drama popped off he left? Have you seen someone do something to his family and he not respond?

Or are you saying that because Skip Bayless said it on first and take? Or because he did not box out because he told a teammate I am to scared to go in the paint?