Mike Breen as an Announcer

metrocard

Legend
I feel he's overrated.

Anthony just hit a BIG SHOT, and he announces his 3pt shot with anger and shock.

Ellis does a cross over "OH WOW PRETTY CROSSOVER BY ELLIS" and Jennings hits a 3....and he orgasms...

Its not balanced announcing, especially when you're trying to focus on the game, Breen ruins every moment.

Whenever Knicks are on ESPN or ABC, I always tune in as long Breen isn't announcing.

The official F*ck Breen movement has to begin.

KingCharles34

All Star
Hahahahha i LOVE this thread. If i could green rep you 10 times at once Metro, I would.

Someone whos more socially network advanced then I should start a movement. I'd love to see Knicks fans rallying outside of MSG. And Runningjump, i agree hes a hardworker and he knows his teams. I still dont even mind him when hes doing non-knicks games for ABC and ESPN, but as far as the Knicks go he has to be the worst sports broadcaster of all time. I seriously think hes worse then Tommy Heinson. Heinsons a homer but at least he roots for his own team...and hes still the 2nd worst ever. Or in my liftetime at least, i hear that Johnny Mos guy or whatever his name is was this biggest homer of all them

metrocard

Legend
Breen's voice is overrated too...we're from New York the streets...Long Island, Westchester, all the boroughs, NJ, Europe, Asia, Australia, the Caribbean, I don't want to hear a guy who sounds like a professor at NYU.

Breen has no flavor, his voice is condensing. He has to go...its been too long.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
I don't know if it's just today or the last few games, he's been commentating the same way he does for opposing teams when the Knicks hit a big shot. He always had big emotion for both teams, but you'd know which team he was for (without him being biased). Tonight he's been sounding like he's been for both teams. What's next, "BANG!" for the opposing teams?

c0leworld

Benchwarmer
personally i love mike breen i dont know why u guys hate him...when melo hit that 3 to go into overtime and win in chicago he was going absolutely wild

Sage

Rotation player
I don't have a big drama with our commentators. Breen and Clyde are great compared to some I've heard this year (The Raptors and Hornets commentators are just the worst).

I don't like commentators that are so bias towards their team, Breen is obviously not that.

I definitely like Breen more than Spero Dedes.

Rob Low

Rotation player
I don't have a big drama with our commentators. Breen and Clyde are great compared to some I've heard this year (The Raptors and Hornets commentators are just the worst).

I don't like commentators that are so bias towards their team, Breen is obviously not that.

I definitely like Breen more than Spero Dedes.

I disagree with you about the Raptors commentators. I live in Toronto and i've heard them call a lot of games, and they're pretty fair. The worst imo is the Cavs commentators, I remember when Melo fouled out and they were berating him as he went to the bench.

Sage

Rotation player
I disagree with you about the Raptors commentators. I live in Toronto and i've heard them call a lot of games, and they're pretty fair. The worst imo is the Cavs commentators, I remember when Melo fouled out and they were berating him as he went to the bench.

I may have actually been thinking of the cavs ones when I said raps. I'll have to watch their next home game. So fair call to you and StEpHoN_mArBuRy. :thumbsup:

The Hornets guys definitely annoyed me though.

shaolin

Benchwarmer
Breen is much better than many commentators. That is cause there are many that absolutely suck. When I travel, I sometimes hear other team's local commentators. Quiet honestly, I don't really pay Breen much mind. I rarely notice him. Doesn't bother me.

WNY_Knickfan

Benchwarmer
Its not that Breen is bad, I just think he goes out of his way to look unbiased because his aspirations are far beyond MSG. I always liked Breen (Clyde most of course) then a couple months back ca17 or whatever his id is, posts alot in threads, solid poster, hopefully people know lol, mentioned how breen dogs melo. No offense to my man, but hes the ultimate melo homer so I paid little attention. Last few weeks, Breen is high on my ish list and I totally agree. He loves to kill our players, certain players in particular, but jizzes himself over other teams players. I was texting my buddy that all night and was stoked to see this thread. He seems to especially hate Baron and JR, with some hatred towards Melo and Shump. Guys are either outhussled, making a terrible decision, going 1 on 1 or making a bad pass. Jennings scores and its the greatest layup in the history of NBA hoops...

I agree with you. If Breen kept it more homerish for the Knicks he'd be a lot better. I think it might have something to do with Breen being on ESPN sometimes. He has to be more neutral while on ESPN & it probably just carries over. Not an excuse though, he could announce differently when he's on MSG.

IDK if any of you watch the Yankees but YES can be the same way sometimes. Michael Kay will go nuts for opposing team's home runs & stuff. Gets annoying.

NYCLakerfan

Rotation player
I always thought Breen was pretty fair maybe since some of you are die hard Knicks fans you might notice the criticism against the Knicks a little more, but to me he praises both teams when the play well and criticizes both when they play bad.

Even though he's not an announcer Jon Barry seems to hate the Knicks he disrespects them everytime he gets a chance.

CA7

Scoring Champ
the only thing I like about Breen is when a clutch shot is hit and he goes "BANNNNNNGGGGGG" but he shits on us too much, Clyde isn't a homer where everything we do is right BUT he gives us constructive criticism, he gives other teams credit but he doesn't suck their dicks like Breen does

rady

Administrator
Staff member
Why did Gus Johnson leave? He was by far the most exciting announcer MSG has had..

CA7

Scoring Champ
I always thought Breen was pretty fair maybe since some of you are die hard Knicks fans you might notice the criticism against the Knicks a little more, but to me he praises both teams when the play well and criticizes both when they play bad.

Even though he's not an announcer Jon Barry seems to hate the Knicks he disrespects them everytime he gets a chance.

Jon Barry was drafted #21 overall in the 1992 draft by the Boston Celtics

The Knicks picked #20 and chose...guess who.......Hubert Davis.......both similar players but the Knicks took Davis

Jon Barry and Hubert Davis both work for ESPN, Hubert Davis makes fun of him the cafeteria for not being a top 20 pick in the draft and being way worse than his father and brother for that matter

Hubert Davis shames Jon Barry and Barry hates the Knicks for making him a not top 20 draft pick and the shame of all former ball players who work for ESPN as he is the only not top 20 picks

Jay Williams, Jalen Rose, Kiki Vandweghe.......just to name a few

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
Breen's okay, you simply don't know what a relief it is to hear him commentating after watching a road game when local announcers are jerking off under the table and screaming. That's why I have nothing against Breen who's usually neutral and calm, all those local retards yelling and going nuts have always been pissing me off...