Mike Breen as an Announcer

Oldtimer

Rotation player
Breen

I think Breen is a diehard Knicks fan and that Clyde was his favorite all time player. My guess is that when he does national TV games, he tries too hard to avoid being a "homer."

I see the games via League Pass. This year almost all of the Knicks games are are broadcast via the other team's feed. Trust me, Clyde and Breen are much better than the average.

nyk_nyk

All Star
Definitely not a Breen fan! You can go through my posts for proof.

-I hate the way he constantly decides whats a good or bad shot.

-For some reason he feels JR has a horrible handle but at the same time never mentions Lin's mediocre handle.

-He use to kill Melo and constantly bring up his shooting pct when the guy was just trying to find his rhythym.

-He always says someone is the nicest guy in the league (when he clearly doesn't know them)

-He sits there and patronizes guys for arguing calls in the heat of the moment (It's intense out there you idot! You're sitting in a comfy chair just watching)

-Whenever Clyde thinks we should have the ball, Breen always comes up for a reason we shouldn't. "I don't know Clyde, it looks like (KNICKS PLAYER) touched it last"

-He bitched and moaned about Melo (A veteran All-Star) taking shots but kept mostly quiet whenever Lin decided to force things.

-Guys will drive to the basket trying to draw a foul and he'll decide that its a bad shot not even understanding what the player was trying to accomplish.

F*** Breen!

knicksgreece

Benchwarmer
I haven't watched many games that this guy announced but his personal opinions about a player should not pass in his commentary especially when you clearly dislike the player.

We got it,you don't like Smith or Davis but i don't have to hear it in every play.Yesterday Smith was fouled and he was shitting on him for losing the rebound.Even when he started scoring he was being sarcastic.

metrocard

Legend
Definitely not a Breen fan! You can go through my posts for proof.

-I hate the way he constantly decides whats a good or bad shot.

-For some reason he feels JR has a horrible handle but at the same time never mentions Lin's mediocre handle.

-He use to kill Melo and constantly bring up his shooting pct when the guy was just trying to find his rhythym.

-He always says someone is the nicest guy in the league (when he clearly doesn't know them)

-He sits there and patronizes guys for arguing calls in the heat of the moment (It's intense out there you idot! You're sitting in a comfy chair just watching)

-Whenever Clyde thinks we should have the ball, Breen always comes up for a reason we shouldn't. "I don't know Clyde, it looks like (KNICKS PLAYER) touched it last"

-He bitched and moaned about Melo (A veteran All-Star) taking shots but kept mostly quiet whenever Lin decided to force things.

-Guys will drive to the basket trying to draw a foul and he'll decide that its a bad shot not even understanding what the player was trying to accomplish.

F*** Breen!

THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

metrocard

Legend
26bfd_Marv-Albert.gif

metrocard I love your profile pic. it looks really natural doesn't it??? like, I could see that exact Lin picture on the cover. pretty ****in sweet. And the 2k series doesn't have have a curse like Madden!!! Yes!!

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Something tells me Kevin Harlan has a job because he sounds like Marv Albert.

You're probably right.

Breen is OK. He's not a homer, he tries to be unbiased. In terms of announcing quality though, he's way better than a lot of the local announcers that other teams have...WAY better.

Paul1355

All Star
I feel he's overrated.

Anthony just hit a BIG SHOT, and he announces his 3pt shot with anger and shock.

Ellis does a cross over "OH WOW PRETTY CROSSOVER BY ELLIS" and Jennings hits a 3....and he orgasms...

Its not balanced announcing, especially when you're trying to focus on the game, Breen ruins every moment.

Whenever Knicks are on ESPN or ABC, I always tune in as long Breen isn't announcing.

The official F*ck Breen movement has to begin.
LOL my father always says he can't stand Breen and that he is overrated.

ESPN is only good when Hubie Brown is announcing.

Spero Dedes, Clyde, Kenny Albert are all good announcers.

CoolClyde

Breen-g it!

IDK. i hear what you're saying about Breen, and at times he IS annoying, but he is an excellent broadcaster and a huge Knick fan. he plays humble to Clyde and is always keeping him in the conversation, asking his opinion, about his days as a Knick, and always defers to him as one of the greatest Knicks and best basketball players of all time. such a rapport is hard to come by in sports, so I'll savor what we've got instead of nit-picking.

been digging the new guy Sperodedes, and his rapport with Clyde and Bernie King.
looking forward to THE KNICKS ON FRIDAY NIGHT, MSG IS THE PLACE TO BE!!!

Last edited:

knicksman20

Benchwarmer
I can't stand Breen! He acts as if he's never played competitive sports before. He criticizes players for getting upset when they get angry or get into heated exchanges with other players. He's always playing arm chair coach after the fact as well too. Drives me nuts & for once I was agreeing with JVG when we played the Bulls last Sunday putting Breen in his place about Melo taking "bad shots". They really need to replace that clown.

smokes

Huge Member
Yeah I think most of us international viewers who have to watch the opposing teams feeds pretty often are a lot easier on Breen, he's 10x better than most of the other commentators in the NBA.

I get why people don't appreciate some of his comments but I think he's just been a frustrated Knicks fan especially this year.

Deathstroke

Benchwarmer
Are we really complaining about Breen? People there is a reason why he does the Finals and the majority of games on ESPN. He is a very good commentator, better than 90% of the crap that is out there, have you ever heard the Spurs announcers.....dear god.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Are we really complaining about Breen? People there is a reason why he does the Finals and the majority of games on ESPN. He is a very good commentator, better than 90% of the crap that is out there, have you ever heard the Spurs announcers.....dear god.
Mark Jackson was commentating the Finals so not the best example.

Uncle Robo

Benchwarmer
Yeah, it's true. Breen's pretty good when you compare him to others, I didn't know how much difference commentary can affect game interest until I watched a few west coast games and couldn't stand the boring commentators. Knicks televised games have excellent commentators.

metrocard

Legend

You're not thinking for yourself. The media forces Breen into our minds over and over. Just because he's on a lot doesn't make him good.

Try to see it beyond that.

CA7

Scoring Champ
Jon Barry quote- "I give them a lot of credit, you know I always bash the Knicks".........lmao he just admitted it