Miami Heat vs New York Knicks- April 15, ABC 1PM EST.

Knicks played better then Miami. Miami just had there run at the right time.

If there ever is such a thing as a "good loss," this game would count as one. The most encouraging thing was how well the Knicks defensed up the Heat, especially with the on-ball pressure. Very impressed with the fact that LeBron and D-Wade were harassed into committing a combined twelve turnovers. How many other teams this year have done that against the Heat?

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
A "good loss" dont mean shit.
We lost to the Celtics by a game winning shot from Ray Allen and then the next night lost even with Melo's 42. I bet everybody thought those were good losses, only to get swept.
Without a healthy STAT and a nonretarded Baron Davis, Melo and the Knicks are nothing.

Haha that was a classy game thread CA7!

Huge props bro!

The right amount of ammunition for a HEAT-hater like me!

Unfortunately we lost the game, but Melo owned these bitches!

If we had a second scorer and a decent rebounder (in other words a healthy and hungry Amar'e) we'd have won that game. NO question.

Lebron can't guard Melo and that was just a regular season game....they better carry a box of Pampers over here when we meet them in the Playoffs, cause Lebron will shit his pants when Melo goes off in crunchtime and he has to match him shot for shot.

Shumpert did a very good job on Wade. He absolutely owned him twice. Shump will be the best backcourt defender in the league for the next 5-8 years.

A shame about all those cheap calls they got, but that has always been the case.

**** the Miami Heat!!!

wian

Benchwarmer
If there ever is such a thing as a "good loss," this game would count as one. The most encouraging thing was how well the Knicks defensed up the Heat, especially with the on-ball pressure. Very impressed with the fact that LeBron and D-Wade were harassed into committing a combined twelve turnovers. How many other teams this year have done that against the Heat?

we are a work in progress. The fact is, Rome wasnt built in a day. We have honestly come a long way this season. I truly think we are on the right path and good things will happen very soon.

Maybe not this season, but look out next season and beyond.

However, If we get a good amount of luck , and get on a roll and get Lin and stat back, we could seriously do some damage come playoff time this year if all players are on the same page

After watching the game against the Heat, i truly believe we can beat any team in the NBA on any given day if we play to our potential and have a full playing list. i believe we have the talent to get the job done.

Kiyaman

Legend
If anyone criticize Melo please leave this thread.

Criticize what? watching the ole Denver Nuggets....

ha ha ha ha ha ..... if memory serves me right the ole first-round Denver Nuggets with PG-Miller, SG-JR, SF-Melo, PF-K.Mart, Camby, ha ha ha ha .... Melo take 30 shots n JR take 20 shots....swept in the first round.
Kenyon Martin gets a team-fine for calling headcoach George Karl a no-strategy playoff coach, who coach a playoff series like a regular season game....the same exact Melo plays (30 shots) and JR inconsistent outside shooting.

Kiyaman

Legend
NO Fields is a better started than finisher, JR is a better finisher than starter

our finishing line up should

Shumpert
Smith
Novak/Fields/Jeffries/Davis(depending on match ups)
Anthony
Chandler

As long as "teammates" and coach show rookie Shump confidence as a finisher....Shump level of performance will increase.
Fields no longer need teammates or coaches confidence....JR has always been the switch-player u sub on offense/defense in the 4th qtr..

CA7....the Knicks have many fans whose only focus on how well a player score, yet these same fans are lost on how to create plays for a trio of scorers (Stat, Melo, JR) to score, plus play defense in the same lineup.

All our rookies under Dantoni's training were trained to shoot their way out of the NBA with 3-ball shots....this type of Knicks practice session had so many fans over-lookin all the other talents Wilson Chandler came to the NBA to show case.
Wilson Chandler skills belong as our Starting/Finisher SF.

PG-Shump & SG-Fields should be the tandem guards the final 7 minutes of each game?.going small sometime by adding Davis or JR with Shump/Fields in the final quarter is for offensive-scoring ONLY?.on defense that 3-guard lineup get scored on 2 out of 3 chances vs .500 opponents.

Fields type of talent in this Knicks rotation should be....
1st qtr. - first 5 minutes of the game then take out.
2nd qtr. - last 7 minutes
3rd qtr. - first 5 minutes
4th qtr. - the final 8 minutes of the game....equal 25 minutes of playingtime per game.

miked1958

Rotation player

Almost totally agree. Except for one thing. And it was backed up on ESPN and other Media outlets. Now I know Tyson got hurt in latter part of game. However for all intents and purposes he didnt show up for this game on either side of the ball. 5 total rebounds and 0 blocked shots. PLEASE. this was the guy that was supposed to put the clamps on Miami like he did for DALLAS in last seasons NBA Finals. If we got just something out of him we may have won that game.

We played the Heat pretty well considering we were short handed and still geling with each other and the new coach.

The Heat is a team that has not only come together quickly, but reached the finals in their first try with a whole new team. If we had another scorer on the block in this game... we win this game. I can take these kinds of losses, we played hard and almost pulled it out. If only we can keep this team together for another whole year...no more trades...just give us time to feel each other out so we can play with more confidence and at a much higher level.

skisloper

Starter
At the game they did not show a replay of Chandlers flagrant foul on Lebron....

does anyone have the clip ...

was it a flagrant ?

and do you think chandler did it for a reason ? or just caught up in the play...

CA7

Scoring Champ
At the game they did not show a replay of Chandlers flagrant foul on Lebron....

does anyone have the clip ...

was it a flagrant ?

and do you think chandler did it for a reason ? or just caught up in the play...

he rapped him up so he couldn't get the shot off, LeBron started crying and got them to go to the video and they called it a flagrant, take away those 2 additional FT's, give us back Novaks 3 and we get 4 of our 9 missed FT's back, we win the game

nyk_nyk

All Star
Bosh 14 rebounds, Chandler 5 rebounds.........damn I hate when Tyson helps so much, he gotta stop helping on every play, he could average 15+ rebounds if he did, we as a team have to maintain 1 on 1 D

the best teams, defend 1 on 1 as a team, help on the drive but damn we were doubling for no reason

I've noticed this plenty of times with TC. Not to take anything away from him because he's damn good for us but he does tend to step out too much sometimes which allows his man good positioning for the offensive rebound. He just has to be mindful of that sometimes.

Jorts should of played a few minutes since Landry played like total dung. We could have used the extra rebounds.

Uncle Robo

Benchwarmer
Chandler is playing hurt. In a normal season, he would not be playing. But since every game is crucial, he's toughing it out. He's not the only one, there are many players playing hurt due to the shortened season.
It's not for lack of effort.

Benchwarmer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newbie
I'm assuming you're directing your post towards what I posted
about Melo?

Are you implying that we can't have differing opinions, and that
we can't post them on this forum?

Melo has been tearing it up..

Another Hugh effort again today. 42pts. That's awesome. U would think with him getting that many points that the Knicks would of scored a total of 110+. But when all the rest of the starters and the whole bench can only muster 1 more total point over what Melo scored all by himself then you have major problems.

Yes we miss Lin and amare. When Melo was out Lin helped carry the team. Now Melo is returning the favor. He just needs a little help,from his friends

It would be nice to be able to post my "thoughts" and discuss the
game without feeling like I'm going to be criticized for it. But, I suppose
it's just a normal thing. (Perhaps, if someone said the same thing about
Lin, I would object, too, I really don't know.)
:mrgreen:

I didn't think I actually said anything bad about Melo, just what I "thought"
I was witnessing. (And, I did say in another post that I think he's been
playing wonderfully and playing the hardest in the past couple of weeks.)

With that said, I'm trying to learn the game and the strategy. And,
whether it was Melo scoring all those points in the game or Lin or Amare,
I felt that towards the end of the fourth quarter, other players could
have stepped up, and I also saw that Novak was open a couple of
times. But, he wasn't given the opportunity to shoot.

Enough said, I've said enough. :smokin:

Last edited:

GoKnicks!

Benchwarmer
Melo is a great individual basketball player, but not a good leader. He doesn't know how to motivate his team or show any leadership. I like Melo and all but it irks me I see him smiling when they're down, losing, or lost a game.

Him and Baron are not good leaders, especially Baron yelling at his teammates when he's the one who makes the mistakes. Amare is not a good leader either.

Chandler and Jefferies are great at motivating their team, but they have to play second fiddle to the superstars... sad.

That is why the Knicks won't win a championship any time soon. You need a great leader with a lot of heart to win. Melo & Stat won't cut it.

Also SMH at the white man regulated to 3 point shooting now-a-days...

Kiyaman

Legend
Originally Posted by Caramelo_Sunday

HA HA HA
I wonder if the Nets fans feel the same way losing to the Heat 101 - 98 with the Nets holding a big lead over the Heat throughout the entire game....the closing 6 minutes were NBA vs NCAA.

CA7

Scoring Champ
Melo is a great individual basketball player, but not a good leader. He doesn't know how to motivate his team or show any leadership. I like Melo and all but it irks me I see him smiling when they're down, losing, or lost a game.

Him and Baron are not good leaders, especially Baron yelling at his teammates when he' the one who makes the mistakes. Amare is not a good leader either.

Chandler and Jefferies are great at motivating their team, but they have to play second fiddle to the superstars... sad.

That is why the Knicks won't win a championship any time soon. You need a great leader with a lot of heart to win. Melo & Stat won't cut it.

Also SMH at the white man regulated to 3 point shooting now-a-days...

leaders come in different forms

Melo and STAT are the captains

Melo is our best player he leads by example and lately he has, Melo is essentially the face of the team so he's our QB-Eli Manning quiet guy just goes and plays doesn't let the media bother him

Tyson is our emotional leader, he gets after guys and is like our Ray Lewis

STAT is the media guy like a Bart Scott

you my friend are an idiot