[InsideHoops] Mike Sweetney Interview

rady

Administrator
Staff member
New York Knicks power forward Mike Sweetney is entering the second season of his NBA career. A short but wide post player, Sweetney, in limited playing time, was one of the NBA's best last season in rebounds per minute. This season, bigger things are expected from him. InsideHoops.com met with the non-verbose Sweetney for a quick interview prior to the start of the first Knicks home game of the preseason, in beautiful Madison Square Garden, against the San Antonio Spurs.

http://www.insidehoops.com/sweetney-interview-101604.shtml

newmove

Rotation player
Sounds like Mike's ready to perform at the whole another (better) level. He's a nice person to talk to I guess...

e_D

Benchwarmer
Aguirre called him an all star in the making. He said nothing can stop him from becoming what he's ready to become. That's sick.

WiL8000

Rotation player
I really like this guy. Sweetney is someone the Knicks should definately hold on to. This guy has potential, there were flashes of that towards the end of last season.

pbjb14

Benchwarmer
i love his ability to grab offensive boards and his ability to draw fould and still score i saw some key hints that i think could mean big things for him

nyfan33

Rookie
I think Sweetney would do a great job as starting PF. That means Kurt would start centre though and we'd give up some serious inches to other teams. I like Kurt, but I think he's gonna be traded for a legitimate centre this year. With only one year left in his contract I think quite a few teams would be interested in taking him. Watch this space...