Bill Walker or Landry Fields - Who should be getting the minutes?

Fields or Walker

• Landy Fields

Votes: 9 47.4%
  • Bill Walker

Votes: 10 52.6%

• Total voters

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
After today's game I think Walker should definitely be getting Fields' minutes, most of them anyway. We know Landry has a high IQ, and I like to think he's much better than he is, which is likely, but I'd definitely play Walker now. Sure it'd be great to have the IQ on the court, but how many great coaches were great players? Walker is young too, so picking Fields for development isn't a great argument to me.

I also wouldn't mind Bibby getting more minutes. Is his shots falling like they used to? Far from it, but he doesn't make a lot of bad decisions.

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
Fields should get minimal minutes.
Now I use the word should not in a negative way but the positive meaning he can help us.
But the more he's out the more we f*ckin suck.
Atleast Bill Walker can shoot..I guess.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Fields should get minimal minutes.
Now I use the word should not in a negative way but the positive meaning he can help us.
But the more he's out the more we f*ckin suck.
Atleast Bill Walker can shoot..I guess.
Hopefully we wouldn't get the "three ball shooter" Walker. It's great when he's on, but I much prefer him mixing it up. Like J.R., too much talent to just be taking threes. Walker also can rebound so that won't be missed if Fields doesn't play much.

Rob Low

Rotation player
As much as I don't like Fields he's definitely more consistent than Walker. Plus Walker looks like he gained about 20 pounds while he was out, I couldn't believe when I saw him in the Wizards game looking like Oliver Miller

tripleaamin9

Benchwarmer
Also Walker is too similar to J.R. Smith. So you are kinda putting the same player on the court. I mean Fields is playing really bad this year, but he can't be much worse.

Fields is defering again so I want to see what Walker can do. For some strange reason Fields has a problem playing along side Melo...he's better (offensively) when melo is resting on the pine. Walker however, is a more aggressive player, barring injury...I think he can excel in Woody's rotation.

How and when to implement Walker over Landry naturally depends on the team they're facing and the current flow of the game. They both have their talents and with the right subbing...they'll both prove to be valuable in their own ways.

nyk_nyk

All Star
Fields is defering again so I want to see what Walker can do. For some strange reason Fields has a problem playing along side Melo...he's better (offensively) when melo is resting on the pine. Walker however, is a more aggressive player, barring injury...I think he can excel in Woody's rotation.

How and when to implement Walker over Landry naturally depends on the team they're facing and the current flow of the game. They both have their talents and with the right subbing...they'll both prove to be valuable in their own ways.

Best answer.

Number3

Benchwarmer
jerome jordan should see minutes!!! imagine how good he could have been right now if we used him from the start... hes the tallest one we have

Paul1355

All Star
Fields needs to get benched...bring back Walker

After today's game I think Walker should definitely be getting Fields' minutes, most of them anyway. We know Landry has a high IQ, and I like to think he's much better than he is, which is likely, but I'd definitely play Walker now. Sure it'd be great to have the IQ on the court, but how many great coaches were great players? Walker is young too, so picking Fields for development isn't a great argument to me.

I also wouldn't mind Bibby getting more minutes. Is his shots falling like they used to? Far from it, but he doesn't make a lot of bad decisions.

Shame on anyone that voted for Landry Fields. Fields has been terrible for most of this season. He is not an impact player like he was when he first jumped on the scene at the start of the season last year. He completely lost his outside shot. People forget he shot 39% from downtown last year and he is around 25% or something like that this year. When he shoots I have the same feelings when I see Jeffries shoot from outside of the post, with my mouth open yelling "what are you doing!??"

Walker has the ability to score 20 points easy with his abaility to shoot threes and dunk on people with ferocity.

Lets compare the players.

Fields is a decent slasher and is only really effective in the fast break or cutting back door. His shot is awful and he does not finish well around the rim anymore. His free throw shooting is the worst on the entire team, I think he is under 60% this year. This guy was a Shooting Guard and yet he cant make a three or a free throw to save his life. His defense is spotty because at times he is good and at times he is terrible leaving outside shooters wide open and always gets screened.

Now Bill Walker...always had the upside but has been stunted by injuries and lack of self discipline. Walker's main struggle is defense because he just simply fouls too much and it gets frustrating seeing him play defense like an angry little kid.

Walker is a much better offensive player than Fields. Walker can hit the open three and can even get red hot and score lights out which he did once again Miami this year. Walker is an insane dunker, better than Fields IMO. Fields can get up but Walker can get up and throw it down and scare you. I love his highlights. Walker is also underrated at driving to the hoop. He does not drive often but when he does, like Shumpert, he can bully his way in and get off good shots.

Walker can rebound very well, which tells me that if he can rebound, then Fields becomes usueless since the only strong skill Fields has is rebounding and Walker is good as well.

Walker needs to get minutes, NOW. I am tired of Fields losing confidence in his shot. When will this guy ever have confidence?

I honestly believe we should not bring Fields back. The guy can't score, plain and simple. He locked his shot and threw away the key.

Walker can score and he is a pure SG! Fields is a forward!

Fields causes our offense to be stagnant.

What does Fields do constantly? He gets the ball, fakes a pass and just passes back or to someone at the three point line....OR he tries to get fancy and tries alley oop passes which fail most of the time.

He is so over rated, and once Amare gets back the starting lineup should not include Fields or I will be pissed at Woodson.

Davis
Shumpert
Melo
Amare
Chandler

goldenchild1688

Benchwarmer
Now that i voted Walker, we are at 8-8

Who holds the tiebreaker? :afro:
that would be me:cool:

fields is slasher at best now and has lost his outside touch he had a season ago.

I have been baffled all yr why he continues to start over guys like JR and Shumpter.

walker can rebound, slash and at least knocked down and open shot. He should definitely be cutting into Fields minutes.

I prefer to see JR starting over him. if you want that spark off the bench fine then but let walker play to open up.

people also forget how good Walker was defensively as well during that Linsanity stretch we had earlier in the yr.