Mike Bibby

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
He's gotten a lot of flak this season (not much hate or anything, didn't play enough to), people said he could barely move, etc., but out of all our PGs he probably makes the least mistakes. I hope he becomes the permanent back-up for the rest of the season. He handles the ball well, doesn't try to get fancy, has made some nice passes, doesn't take a lot of shots, and ya never know, his shot might come back. He's not slow, just hasn't had the shooting in a long time. Otherwise I feel confident when he's on the floor.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
He also now beats out Bosh as the most unintentionally funniest player in the league after the jokes and him looking like Eminem in nyk_nyk's sig.

He's gotten a lot of flak this season (not much hate or anything, didn't play enough to), people said he could barely move, etc., but out of all our PGs he probably makes the least mistakes. I hope he becomes the permanent back-up for the rest of the season. He handles the ball well, doesn't try to get fancy, has made some nice passes, doesn't take a lot of shots, and ya never know, his shot might come back. He's not slow, just hasn't had the shooting in a long time. Otherwise I feel confident when he's on the floor.

I gotta agree. He is no where near as mistake prone as BDiddy right now. Smart heady player. You could make an argument to start him.

BDiddy hasnt caught on that he cant make the plays that he did as a kid. His reaction time is off by a tick. He has to adjust and stop trying to make the great play every time he's on the court...

fender0577

Rotation player
Mike Bibby proving zombies do exist.

I mean for a corpse, he was kinda alive tonight :peace:
LMAO, that's what i was thinking, iv'e been killing him this year, but tonight he looked ok, and he does take care of the ball well.I wouldn't start him though, but i wouldn't mind if he gets a little more PT.

Bibby is far from great at this stage, but with Baron Davis playing like horseshit (apart from that one fluke-game) we honestly need to talk about who our starting PG in the Playoffs should be.

I think Bibby fits the job better at this point. He seems to be more solid and makes less mistakes. He won't score, but I can live with that as long as he can do the things a PG is supposed to do. Davis on the other hand either turns the ball over, takes a stupid shot where he hits the front of the rim or makes a mistake on defense...

A shame about Lin, with him we could be pretty good right now.

I never understood why we didn't go for Iverson. He's still better than every healthy PG on our roster and we took the gamble on J.R. Smith character wise, so why not Iverson too?

I feel like PG is what's holding us back from winning a Playoff series this year.

tiger0330

Legend
We're back to where we were at the beginning of the season, running the team w/o a PG. If D'Antoni were still running the team we would have a 5 game losing streak and blaming the injury to Stat and a washed up BD for it. Thank god for Woody.

zshopa

Benchwarmer
bibby is good for 3 minutes of a game

nah dont hate on bibby, i think he can still benefit the knicks for 12 - 18 mins a game, he does take care of the ball well and is still a good ball handeler, i feel like he is just a step slow on defense plus being small doesnt help, but he is more secure at PG than Toney D. So.... go bibby

p0nder

Starter
Bibby is trusted by woodson to go out there, not turn the ball over, pass to the right player and set up a play in the half court. His shooting has dropped off significantly but could come back with some work, but we don't ask him to shoot much so it's probably best that he just plays his game like this.

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
nah dont hate on bibby, i think he can still benefit the knicks for 12 - 18 mins a game, he does take care of the ball well and is still a good ball handeler, i feel like he is just a step slow on defense plus being small doesnt help, but he is more secure at PG than Toney D. So.... go bibby
lol why is everything considered "Hating"nowadays, iv'e watched every single knicks game this season, Bibby has nothing left in the tank anyone can see that. I agree he is a decent ball handler but he's not making any brilliant plays out there, matter fact he can barely make it pass half court without struggling. Anyone can bring the ball pass half court and immediately pass it..if bibby is not hitting his shots he's pretty much useless.

Bibby steps on the court and slows the pace down and brings somewhat vet leadership thats about it, maybe he'll give you one or two three pointers within 5 games.

Bibby had a nice game vs Boston all of a sudden he's a nice backup PG lol just a few days ago some of you were screamin for Toney Douglas to get back out there.

I dont have anything against bibby at all, but if you dont got it anymore you just dont got it.

I rather be called a landry Fields hater than anything, I bash him just about every game with no hesitation =p

Last edited:

Paul1355

All Star

Bibby has been ok but he has games where he has done nothing and can not hit an open shot. What he did well last game was finding guys on the swing pass....I believe he had 6 assists and 5 rebounds...which is very good for a guy like Bibby off the bench. And he hit a 3.

If Bibby can just be more consistent with his 3 point shot, then most people would not mind playing him every game.

nyk_nyk

All Star
As long as he does very little to hurt us I'm ok with him. I don't expect anything other than him bringing the ball up and passing it off. Made shots and a few assists are bonuses to me.

Tokie420

Benchwarmer
Bibby has been ok but he has games where he has done nothing and can not hit an open shot. What he did well last game was finding guys on the swing pass....I believe he had 6 assists and 5 rebounds...which is very good for a guy like Bibby off the bench. And he hit a 3.

If Bibby can just be more consistent with his 3 point shot, then most people would not mind playing him every game.

**** his 3. Ill take his spotty 3 right now over toney "I can't run an offense" douglas or Baron"I hope they blame these TO, on Injuries" Davis any day. Turnovers ech night are fn killing us and is why a team like miami will feast on us in the first round.

BananaSauce

Benchwarmer
bibby doesn't penetrate to colapse any surrounding defense. he hangs too much outside. he might work for awhile with iso melo but, if you need a different look. he's useless.

so, i'll take baron and lin, anyday. baron only had 2 TO yesterday and 1 pf. it's not so much about his injury but, his bball conditioning/shape. i bet once he get his cardio to 90/100%, he's going to be a different player:crossfingers:(also dropping some of that weight can reduce chances of joint injury. over the summer , not playoff times would be more a logical time to do it).
gamewise, he just got to stop penetrating too deep and passing it. just look for his shot instead.:beer:

MeloforMayor

BALL DON'T LIE
8 pts, 8 asts, 1 TO against the Nets, not bad at all. :beer:

BIBBY.jpg

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
lol why is everything considered "Hating"nowadays, iv'e watched every single knicks game this season, Bibby has nothing left in the tank anyone can see that. I agree he is a decent ball handler but he's not making any brilliant plays out there, matter fact he can barely make it pass half court without struggling. Anyone can bring the ball pass half court and immediately pass it..if bibby is not hitting his shots he's pretty much useless.

Bibby steps on the court and slows the pace down and brings somewhat vet leadership thats about it, maybe he'll give you one or two three pointers within 5 games.

Bibby had a nice game vs Boston all of a sudden he's a nice backup PG lol just a few days ago some of you were screamin for Toney Douglas to get back out there.

I dont have anything against bibby at all, but if you dont got it anymore you just dont got it.

I rather be called a landry Fields hater than anything, I bash him just about every game with no hesitation =p

im pretty sure bibby's only 32. that aint that old. he's not as washed up as you think.

he does have a giant forehead tho.

Does anybody else actually think Bibby is the better choice as starting PG for the Playoffs?

He makes very little mistakes. His shooting sucks, but so be it. It's not a secret that our choice at PG is between bad, worse and worst.

After watching Bibby play as a starter my oppinion is that he's better than Davis who seems to play like he had a herniated brain rather than a herniated disc.

Davis is an inconsistent, anxious turnover machine with an erratic jump shot.

Bibby can't shoot anymore, but he makes decent decisions most of the time, is calm and collected, a good ballhandler and more consistent than Davis.

I'd start Bibby in the Playoffs and bring Davis off the bench.