Pick One

bash

Benchwarmer
Football players only do it because it guarantee's them more money, Basketball players would need some incentive like I said a roster bonus, workout bonus, more incentives something to make them wanna take less money for more years, only guy I can see doing it in the league is Kevin Durant so James Harden and Serge Ibaka can stay in OKC

you think the an ultimatum might work ? as in restructure or we are going to have to trade one of you. Basically management can let one of them at least (prolly stat friggin 20mil + soon ) let them know that trade would mean more contract money but much less from endorsements/exposure/ny perks.

CA7

Scoring Champ
you think the an ultimatum might work ? as in restructure or we are going to have to trade one of you. Basically management can let one of them at least (prolly stat friggin 20mil + soon ) let them know that trade would mean more contract money but much less from endorsements/exposure/ny perks.

that might be it because we cant keep everyone unless they sacrifice for the team

I'd say its either both of you and you guys restructure or one of you and less of a shot at winning a title

bash

Benchwarmer
lebron wade and bosh took less money (Well bosh is overpayed). But maybe that means other players *cough*melo/stat might do so too

rogeryy

Benchwarmer
Simply pick who'd you rather keep

Iman Shumpert or Jeremy Lin

JR Smith or Steve Novak

Josh Harrellson or Jerome Jordan

My answers

Shumpert- all around player, legit potential to be a top 5 Guard in 2-3 more years. Has legit chemistry with our Big 3

JR Smith- Novak is more consistent but JR has game changing ability. Offensively and sometimes Defensively he is no slouch. When he's hot he's HOT, muy caliente

Jerome Jordan- His upside as a defensive back up 5 is through the roof. He needs to be Tyson's shadow all off-season, that will one help his growth and 2 give us a guy who can be a trade asset or potential replacement down the line

Lin >>> Shumpert

But smart people will try to keep both of them.
And capable people will make it.
This comparison isn't even legit! :)

Novak
Jordan

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
Crazy⑧s;229141 said:
I'd basically try to keep Shumpert, Lin and Smith.

Out of Novak, Fields, Walker, Baron, Jorts and Jordan, I think we could afford to lose them a lot more comparatively with the above 3.

We should never have extended Douglas' contract. That was a bum move, and we could have ponied up that $2M+ to Novak. An absolute waste. Douglas is currently earning approx $570k less than JR Smith to be a para-olympian.
And to think the Knicks refused to give up Toney Douglas for Jamal Crawford.

CA7

Scoring Champ
Lin >>> Shumpert

Novak
Jordan

both young guards who contributed to our team success, which one if you had to choose would you rather have, I'm not comparing them as players just who would YOU want its pretty damn simple

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
Lin >>> Shumpert

Novak
Jordan
Are you kidding with that selection?
Jeremy TWO WEEK SENSATION Lin over 21 Shump Street?

Buddy its not 4/20 yet :smokin:

Reactions: CA7

MeloforMayor

BALL DON'T LIE
No offense to all the Lin fans out there, but I think the Knicks should trade him for a player who has already developed his game. I think we can all agree that Lin is a good player in his own right and he has oodles of potential, but him and Melo just do not fit together. Lin, Melo and STAT need the ball in their hands for majority of the possession. All of them in the starting lineup at the same time limits each one's contribution IMO.

Plus, we're built to win now with Melo (27), STAT (29), and Chandler (30) being in the prime of their respective careers, and we can't wait for Lin to develop IMO.

blahwoop

Benchwarmer
i never liked the win now attitude. unfortunately that's what Dolan loves. Big names and win now moves. Shump is beast on D though. don't see why it would have to be shump vs lin. one pg and one sg. i'd say it should be more fields vs shump. shump is a rook that is signed until 2013 with team option after that. his contract is locked in. i'm pretty sure they will let fields go and resign lin. so the starting 5 for next year looks like Lin Shump Melo Amare Chandler

These are the ones not under contract next year

Boom Dizzle
Bibby
Jefferies
Novak
Walker
Fields
Lin

Team option on Harrellson

blahwoop

Benchwarmer
No offense to all the Lin fans out there, but I think the Knicks should trade him for a player who has already developed his game. I think we can all agree that Lin is a good player in his own right and he has oodles of potential, but him and Melo just do not fit together. Lin, Melo and STAT need the ball in their hands for majority of the possession. All of them in the starting lineup at the same time limits each one's contribution IMO.

Plus, we're built to win now with Melo (27), STAT (29), and Chandler (30) being in the prime of their respective careers, and we can't wait for Lin to develop IMO.

According to your theory then the Celtics should've traded Rajon Rondo away?

rogeryy

Benchwarmer

According to your theory, Miami Heat should be a pretty terrible team which has 3 super stars.

Do you know how much they pay Woodson? And how many people here in this forum earn more than he does? I'm not saying none. But I think the reason why he earns more than regular people is that he has to make things work. Basketball is a team sport. It takes 5 players per team to play a game. I wouldn't mind if I have 5 best players in my team. If winning is every palyer's goal. I mean if everyone is not selfish. Don't say Melo, Lin, Stat, or Chandler is selfish, because they are not. And because they are not selfish, it's the coach's job to make use of all the stars we have and win.

Cuckoo

Benchwarmer
All the talk about trading Lin?? It aint happening for the next few years. Dolan would trade Melo before he trades Lin. He will milk the fattest cow in NBA for all its worth. To NBA owners, money always comes before Chips.

To force people to select which one to keep between Shump and Lin?? I guess some of KO'ers want Lin out of NY in the worst way possible.

MeloforMayor

BALL DON'T LIE
According to your theory then the Celtics should've traded Rajon Rondo away?

According to your theory, Miami Heat should be a pretty terrible team which has 3 super stars.

Do you know how much they pay Woodson? And how many people here in this forum earn more than he does? I'm not saying none. But I think the reason why he earns more than regular people is that he has to make things work. Basketball is a team sport. It takes 5 players per team to play a game. I wouldn't mind if I have 5 best players in my team. If winning is every palyer's goal. I mean if everyone is not selfish. Don't say Melo, Lin, Stat, or Chandler is selfish, because they are not. And because they are not selfish, it's the coach's job to make use of all the stars we have and win.

Boston and Miami have a completely different set of core players, or superstars if you will. They have already proven that they can play together while bringing out the best in each other. They FIT together. Our core, on the other hand, have shown that they are WORSE when playing together.

Whenever I watch the Knicks' starting lineup that included Lin, Melo, and STAT, it seems that all of them are holding back. Each of them are not used to their respective strengths on offense because they need the goddamn ball in their hands to be effective. Exhibit A, Melo's recent return to offensive domination with Lin and STAT out with injuries. You can see that Melo is more confident with them out because he gets to be the offensive focus for the entire game.

Exhibit B, STAT was a beast before Melo arrived. They both seem like mere shells of themselves whenever they are on the court together. We all know they are consistent 25 ppg scorers when healthy. But for the month of March, wherein they were both in action, STAT & Melo averaged 18 and 19 ppg respectively. With STAT & Lin out, Melo is averaging 30.2 ppg

Jeremy Lin, 23.9 ppg when STAT & Melo were injured, 14 ppg when they returned. I'm just not sure if Lin is the right PG to cater to Amar'e and Carmelo's needs. Lin as the tendency to be more of a scorer, rendering the presence of Amar'e and Carmelo on the floor virtually useless.

Now the reason why I say that Lin should be the one who should be traded (Assuming I was forced to choose one), is because Anthony and Stoudemire have untradeable contracts and they're not going anywhere.

rogeryy

Benchwarmer
Boston and Miami have a completely different set of core players, or superstars if you will. They have already proven that they can play together while bringing out the best in each other. They FIT together. Our core, on the other hand, have shown that they are WORSE when playing together.

Whenever I watch the Knicks' starting lineup that included Lin, Melo, and STAT, it seems that all of them are holding back. Each of them are not used to their respective strengths on offense because they need the goddamn ball in their hands to be effective. Exhibit A, Melo's recent return to offensive domination with Lin and STAT out with injuries. You can see that Melo is more confident with them out because he gets to be the offensive focus for the entire game.

Exhibit B, STAT was a beast before Melo arrived. They both seem like mere shells of themselves whenever they are on the court together. We all know they are consistent 25 ppg scorers when healthy. But for the month of March, wherein they were both in action, STAT & Melo averaged 18 and 19 ppg respectively. With STAT & Lin out, Melo is averaging 30.2 ppg

Jeremy Lin, 23.9 ppg when STAT & Melo were injured, 14 ppg when they returned. I'm just not sure if Lin is the right PG to cater to Amar'e and Carmelo's needs. Lin as the tendency to be more of a scorer, rendering the presence of Amar'e and Carmelo on the floor virtually useless.

Now the reason why I say that Lin should be the one who should be traded (Assuming I was forced to choose one), is because Anthony and Stoudemire have untradeable contracts and they're not going anywhere.

I get your point the first time. I'm just curious why don't you believe that they can play together too? Given a little more time. The core players of Miami Heat didn't seem so fit together the first several games, did they? You want to trade Lin, but what if the new guy doesn't fit with Melo again?

You think it's not worth it to give it a try?

CA7

Scoring Champ

Okay by this theory if you have

2002-2003 Amar'e Stoudemire(rookie)

2003-2004 Carmelo Anthony(rookie)

2011-2012 Jeremy Lin(rookie)

you'd keep Lin and trade them, by your statement this is what you mean

Jeremy Lin, who I supported during Linsanity but then began to resent because the media and fans were giving this kid overwhelming endorsements and comparisons, is a 1 hit wonder, he had a hot streak, will he be a serviceable PG, yes, but is he worth your 2 superstars taking a back seat, NO

This isn't like Rondo and the Celdicks, they're old but Rondo also knows his role is to set them up not shoot more than them. Rondo does take more shots sometimes but its a rarity.

I'd move Lin while the iron is still hot, I can see 4 or 5 teams willing to give us something nice for him(Nets, Blazers, Bobcats, Hornets)