15-5 To Clench Playoff Birth

Oakman88

Benchwarmer
This team is 15-5 since Woodson took over coaching.

The question is now has he done enough to get the full Gig next year?

maybe, but the playoffs will be the deciding factor. I think woody will get most of his shine in the playoffs because this is where his biggest attribute (defense) will be on display. He is very good at coaching D and his subbing has been damn near close to flawless. If we make it to the second round and retain a full roster...we can beat anyone. Scoring isn't going to be a problem...I actually think we hold a slight edge when playing in a series....especially if we have a full healthy roster.

blahwoop

Benchwarmer

no, of course that is not enough. at this point would you give him the job based off of 15-5 or would you wait 1 week to see what he does in the playoffs? What if he goes 0-4? Get swept? If he wants to lock in the job he'll have to win the 1st round playoffs.

anything less than that. the knicks will consider their options.

NYallDay

Benchwarmer
If the players are willing to play hard for him then yes! We've always had the talent, its about the effort and commitment. If they will show that, then thats all you need. Also, lets just accept the Phil Jackson isnt coming here, so whose better out there....

How can the Playoffs be the deciding factor when we're facing Miami with no home court advantage in the first round?

Without Jeffries, Lin and a semi-fit Amar'e with close to no game-sharpness due to injury, we're destined to get swept.

Melo played like Superman last Sunday and we still lost and it was @ The Garden.

Not even Phil Jackson could beat the Heat without Lin, Jeffries and a sharp Amar'e.

The Playoffs shouldn't be the deciding factor imo. His future plans and the availability of certain coaches should be. This is not the end of the road, we gotta make the next step during the offseason to approach 3rd or 4th seed at worst next season and win a Playoff series with home court advantage. If Woodson's plan sounds good and a Jeff Van Gundy or Phil Jackson is not available (realistically that is) we should keep Woody imo.

CA7

Scoring Champ
I think we'll be fine, STAT gets 4 games to get a rhythm, we dont need Lin I don't care what anyone says, all we need is to limit turnovers, not fall in love with the 3, defend, rebound and play together

Honestly if he doesn't bring Woodson back I'm out because he's earned it

blahwoop

Benchwarmer
How can the Playoffs be the deciding factor when we're facing Miami with no home court advantage in the first round?

Without Jeffries, Lin and a semi-fit Amar'e with close to no game-sharpness due to injury, we're destined to get swept.

Melo played like Superman last Sunday and we still lost and it was @ The Garden.

Not even Phil Jackson could beat the Heat without Lin, Jeffries and a sharp Amar'e.

The Playoffs shouldn't be the deciding factor imo. His future plans and the availability of certain coaches should be. This is not the end of the road, we gotta make the next step during the offseason to approach 3rd or 4th seed at worst next season and win a Playoff series with home court advantage. If Woodson's plan sounds good and a Jeff Van Gundy or Phil Jackson is not available (realistically that is) we should keep Woody imo.

exactly my point. if he can win the series. he's locked in for sure. anything else. the knicks will look at their options carefully. OP asked if he's locked in. Only way he is 100% locked in is if they win the playoff series. Not that he won't be considered or considered heavily if he doesn't win the series.

CA7

Scoring Champ
That isn't fair he turned the season around for us, regardless of if he wins or loses the series he deserves a healthy roster, full training camp and full year to show what he can make us become, D'Antoni got 3 1/2 mediocre years, had the same team as Woodson and still couldn't get it done

Woodson better be the coach in 2012-2013 or thats bullshit from Dolan again, I dont want Phil for 2 years, Van Gundy aint comin back, Woodson can be here the next 7-10 years while our Big 3 are still playing and we can add and subtract pieces along the way

Keep this core together

Just because he preaches defense is good enough for me to bring him back. But I think the Knicks Management is too used to firing people. The poli-tricks and the need to pleased the fans has made them blind at times, and trigger happy. A first round win should guarantee him another shot next year, imo.

Paul1355

All Star

so far he has a good chance but if we get swept in horrible fashion than we should look elsewhere.

But i like him so much that the only other name I would take over him is Phil Jackson.
But I am hesitant with Jackson because look at how all brand name coaches have turned out in NY....Larry Brown, Lenny Wilkins, Don Nelson, etc.

rogeryy

Benchwarmer

:agreed::agreed::agreed:

knickscity

Benchwarmer
I totally depends on how the team responds in the playoffs.

Be competitive, no matter the opponent, and push the series at least to six.

No sweeps allowed.

Any coach who cares about defense could have gotten this team to 15-5, so that definitely is not enough.

I totally depends on how the team responds in the playoffs.

Be competitive, no matter the opponent, and push the series at least to six.

No sweeps allowed.

Any coach who cares about defense could have gotten this team to 15-5, so that definitely is not enough.

6 games against Miami is a wild wild dream brother!

Our only hope is we play Chicago, that might give us a shot at 5 or even 6 games.

Miami will absolutely annihilate us, we'll be struggling to even reach 90 against their Playoff defense.....

You saw that Cleveland game last night, did you?

It was the ****ing Cavaliers and they played us out of the building man.....

fender0577

Rotation player
That isn't fair he turned the season around for us, regardless of if he wins or loses the series he deserves a healthy roster, full training camp and full year to show what he can make us become, D'Antoni got 3 1/2 mediocre years, had the same team as Woodson and still couldn't get it done

Woodson better be the coach in 2012-2013 or thats bullshit from Dolan again, I dont want Phil for 2 years, Van Gundy aint comin back, Woodson can be here the next 7-10 years while our Big 3 are still playing and we can add and subtract pieces along the way

Keep this core together
:agreed::agreed::agreed:He has to get at least 1 full season.

knickscity

Benchwarmer
6 games against Miami is a wild wild dream brother!

Our only hope is we play Chicago, that might give us a shot at 5 or even 6 games.

Miami will absolutely annihilate us, we'll be struggling to even reach 90 against their Playoff defense.....

You saw that Cleveland game last night, did you?

It was the ****ing Cavaliers and they played us out of the building man.....
Cavs did what the Bulls would do.....

Absolutely clobber us on the boards.

Cavs outrebounded us by 20.

shaolin

Benchwarmer
Bulls are deep, play excellent team defense, rebound and rarely miss a beat with most of their starters resting. We would need to play a near flawless game. I don't see the Bulls being easier than the Heat. The heat don't really have much of a bench and I feel we could force the hear to play half court. Regardless, it's pretty much a lose-lose proposition. I rather not face there Bulls though.