How's this roster for next year?

Kiyaman

Legend
Next seson....I dont see certain players (Davis, Bibby, Walker, Jefferies, and Jordan) being resign this offseason.

I do see a 2012-13 roster of....
PG- Lin & Douglas
SG- Fields, Shump, JR
SF- Melo & Novak
PF- Stat & Jorts
C- Tyson Chandler

A roster of 10 players, inwhich a sign n trade could be made wid....
Lin, Fields, JR, and Novak....FA players who trade-value n worth has increased by their performance in the 2011-12 season.
As for for the Knicks getting involve in a team to team trade its not likely without a decent playoff run to get sumthin equal or better....interim GM Grunwald is still standing at a 50-50 chance of being the GM or assistant GM.

NYCLakerfan

Rotation player
I would not want Beasley, pekovic, and Darko. Idc if thats 3 players for one Amare is a proven star and you need those to go far. And I know basketball is a business but you would think the fans would show more loyalty to someone like Amare who's been giving it his all for NY he's even played some of the best D of his life under Woodson.

finestrg

Rotation player
I love Amar'e and I'm loyal to him...I think we can win with him --- I'm one of the few around who think he can co-exist with Melo. One of the few who thinks that Amar'e right back in the starting lineup is the way to go too. Asking Amar'e to come off the bench and play 20-30 mins a game is absurd -- the man's earned the right to come back and be co focal pt. ALONG WITH Melo, esp. off last year, the statistically impressive yr he had and the fact that he came here and turned the franchise around. I'd actually argue that this team is more his than Melo's. And to the man's credit, he's never once came out and acted like an alpha dog at all last yr or this yr post Melo trade..Not once. Always comes out and says the right things..Very positive guy. Wasn't it his idea to organize the pre-season minicamp in Florida? I thought it was Melo (and Billups) who nixed that..

All I'm saying is that when you look at the man's age, mileage, injury history (including the new back problems two yrs in a row now), and his whopping salary plus the fact that we already used the one-time amnesty provision on Billups to clear the way for Chandler....you at least listen.

And I want Ellington instead of Darko. Beasley, Pekovic AND Ellington for STAT is intriguing. We'd really have a chance to reload with 3 nice players with that trade..All I'm saying.

NYCLakerfan

Rotation player
I love Amar'e and I'm loyal to him...I think we can win with him --- I'm one of the few around who think he can co-exist with Melo. One of the few who thinks that Amar'e right back in the starting lineup is the way to go too. Asking Amar'e to come off the bench and play 20-30 mins a game is absurd -- the man's earned the right to come back and be co focal pt. ALONG WITH Melo, esp. off last year, the statistically impressive yr he had and the fact that he came here and turned the franchise around. I'd actually argue that this team is more his than Melo's. And to the man's credit, he's never once came out and acted like an alpha dog at all last yr or this yr post Melo trade..Not once. Always comes out and says the right things..Very positive guy. Wasn't it his idea to organize the pre-season minicamp in Florida? I thought it was Melo (and Billups) who nixed that..

All I'm saying is that when you look at the man's age, mileage, injury history (including the new back problems two yrs in a row now), and his whopping salary plus the fact that we already used the one-time amnesty provision on Billups to clear the way for Chandler....you at least listen.

And I want Ellington instead of Darko. Beasley, Pekovic AND Ellington for STAT is intriguing. We'd really have a chance to reload with 3 nice players with that trade..All I'm saying.

I don't think Beasley and those guys can help bring the Knicks a ring with Melo and Chandler as much as Amare can.

Kiyaman

Legend

I dont think anyone on KO believe Stat & Melo cant co-exist, its just they havnt under Dantoni's coaching.
Stat & Melo has never been the leader of their team, they been the first scoring option, and the highest paid on their teams.
Leaders co-exist with the majority of their teammates.

Minny have nothin we need other than Rubio....we need decent backups for Tyson, Stat, and Lin. Our bench need veteran players or a better coaching-staff for our younger players.