How's this roster for next year?

finestrg

Rotation player
Assuming Lin is retained for a good portion of the MLE (probably all of it) and JR Smith, Novak and Fields all walk in free agency:

5 - Chandler
4 - STAT
3 - Melo
2 - Shump
1 - Lin
--------------------
5 - Marcus Cousin (best 7 footer out there no one's talking about)
4 - Jorts (showed he can play, his option should be picked up)
3 - DaJuan Summers (6'8"/240-ish strong/skilled SF/PF hybrid, good shooter, can't believe a team as bad as Detroit gave up on him; substantial upgrade over Fields in every facet of the game practically. Unfortunate because I still like Fields--he's just regressed so badly this year for some reason. We really need to think about upgrading his spot out on the wing)
2 - Sylven Landesberg (6'6" skilled, great slasher, improved shooter, indications are that he's made some nice strides overall playing in Israel)
1 - Matt Janning (6'4" skilled PG/SG, reminds me of Goran Dragic/Bulls version of Kirk Hinrich)
--------------------
5 - Jerome Jordan (D-League assignment likely, I might look to moving him for a future pick, maybe packaged w/TD); maybe look into stealing Greg Stiemsma away from the Celts if the price is right)
4 - Jeff Adrien (rebounding, dirty work, toughness, enforcer)
3 - Ryan Wittman (attempting to replace Novak's pure 3-pt stroke)
2 - 2nd round pick - 6'6" SG Chris Johnson (Dayton); 6'6" SG Kim English (Mizzou); sign PG/SG Willie Warren?
1 - Toney Douglas (who I'd look to move for a future pick); maybe make a run at Patty Mills if he declines his $1M player option with the Spurs or look into signing Ben Hansbrough

They'll probably look into signing a couple of vets but I don't see how -- cap will be over $61M to kick off the off-season. Plus with Chandler, STAT and Melo there's enough of a vet presence and enough leadership at the top..And not only that but next year's FA crop isn't that impressive anyway to say the least...Even if the cap room is there somehow, why overpay for role players just to say you signed a veteran?? I think we should piece it together with young/dynamic minimum level signings/acquisitions which we can exceed the cap in order to do. I'd love to go to war with this club -- I think this roster is a better, deeper team than we have right now to be perfectly honest with you. We're gonna have some nice options provided we look in the right places.

Last edited:

orangeblobman

Rotation player
We're not going anywhere with Amar'e in the lineup.

This is what you do:

Amar'e to Timberwolves for Pekovic, Beasley, and Darko as filler.

They get a dunk shot scorer in Amar'e to pair with the jumpshot Kevin Love and keep Kevin Love's rebounding.

Rubio has Amar'e and Love to dish to.

Knicks get Pekovic who is an animal getting better everyday. He'll bang for us where Amar'e can't plus he'll get his in the dirty way so there will be no conflict between Pekovic and Melo.

Beas is Beas, gives us a great option off the bench as 6th man, dunk shot all day.

CA7

Scoring Champ
Here's My Current Off-Season Wishlist

Stoudemire/Lin/Fields to Brooklyn for Williams(S&T)/Wallace- Unlikely but perfect for both teams, we get that shitty Lin fan base out of the Garden, STAT stays close to where he just moved too, Fields is a kicker

Re-Sign JR Smith, Steve Novak, Dan Gadzuric

Buy a Late 1st Rounder- Draft (1)Arnett Moultrie 6'10 230 True PF(Jermaine O'Neal type) (2)Tyshawn Taylor 6'3 180 Combo PG off the bench(I think he's better than Mario Chalmers, Chauncey Billups type of player)

Vet Signing- CJ Miles

Starting 5
C- Tyson Chandler
F- Carmelo Anthony
F- Gerald Wallace
G- Iman Shumpert
G- Deron Williams

This allows Melo to stay in his comfort zone, we add a glue guy in Wallace to the starting 5 who still helps our defense, Deron is a better version of Billups, more athletic great 2nd option. Shumpert gets a lot of open looks, hopefully him and H20 are working all summer together

Bench
G- JR Smith
F- Steve Novak
F- Arnett Moultrie
F- CJ Miles
G- Tyshawn Taylor
C- Dan Gadzuric
G- Toney Douglas
F- Josh Harrellson
C- Jerome Jordan

finestrg

Rotation player
We don't share the same view on Amar'e. Personally, I love the guy, shortcomings and all (not a great rebounder, he's might be a little injury prone now, etc.)...To me, this dude decided to come here when other douche-bags thumbed their noses up at us. I know we paid him big bucks when the Suns & no one else would but still man. It says a lot to me. And not only did he come here, but he came here and EMBRACED the city and everything that goes with it..He was PHENOMENAL last year for us. He single-handedly got this franchise turned around. And this year, true he was playing subpar for him but right before he got hurt, I thought he was finally playing at top performance again. Last night he showed a lot of rust but physically, I thought he looked good. So I think we're gonna be OK. I want him to succeed here and I think with Melo, Ty, Lin and a few smart low cost/high yield aquisitions, I think he can. We just have to hope and pray that his body (specifically his back now) holds up. Putting on the extra bounds in the off-season didn't help matters..We saw that as soon as he lost 10 lbs or so and got back down to 245, 250 lbs. he was much more light on his feet, much quicker & more explosive.

That trade's not terrible btw. I don't do it for reasons stated and I don't think Minny or any team for that matter will touch Amar'e at his salary and with his injury history (esp. with the back problems in back to back yrs) but it's not a bad trade at all. I feel ya on Nikola Pekovic -- dude's big, tough and he can ball. And Beasley's got talent. I just don't think Minny's in a position to go all in on a player like Amar'e. There's a lot of risk with him. Would they assume that risk? I doubt it...The more I think about that trade, the better it sounds (I like how those players would fit with Melo) but as enticing as it sounds, I really wanna gut this out and win one with Amar'e. Flawed thinking maybe but it's how I feel.

Last edited:

orangeblobman

Rotation player
Minny does the trade because Amar'e can put them over the top, they're in a position where they have a strong foundation and they need that one veteran that will come in and dunk, a guy that's won games in the league.

If I'm Minny I do that deal all day: Amar'e for Pekovic Milicic and Beas. Then you hire D'Antoni and that's a contender in Minny next year.

Jinki?s

Rookie
I know how much people like to suggest trading Stat or Melo when the going gets tough, but neither one of them is being traded anytime soon. Lets not forgot the first few games after Woodson took the reigns, the team was wrecking everyone with our full lineup. Averaging some ridiculous number like, 20 point wins for a 6 or 7 game stretch. Lets give our starting 5 an entire season together for once. Too many new faces every year. I want to see these guys gel. We're talented and if we play to our talent level we can be a top 3 team in the East no doubt.

orangeblobman

Rotation player
I know how much people like to suggest trading Stat or Melo when the going gets tough, but neither one of them is being traded anytime soon. Lets not forgot the first few games after Woodson took the reigns, the team was wrecking everyone with our full lineup. Averaging some ridiculous number like, 20 point wins for a 6 or 7 game stretch. Lets give our starting 5 an entire season together for once. Too many new faces every year. I want to see these guys gel. We're talented and if we play to our talent level we can be a top 3 team in the East no doubt.

That's a classic mistake, thinking it will work out because you put some time in with Amar'e. But if we look at it without emotion, it's not going to work with Amar'e and Melo.

I think in the old days we made moves to make moves, but that doesn't mean that you don't do a move right now if it will improve your team.

Pekovic is a no-brainer plus you got Beas, and he's perfect for 6th man because JR will walk.

orangeblobman

Rotation player
You see how Denver cut their losses with Nene? That was smart, because they admitted their mistake and solved the problem at the root of the bud.

Amar'e is a mistake at this point, we have to unload him asap. But he works for a team like Minny.

Minny is a team deep on young talent but they do not have the flashy-balls veteran. He gives them an edge they're missing. It's exactly what they need. Because let's face it, Love is on year 3 now, or 4? and they haven't made the playoffs.

You go for it if you're Minny, can't keep stockpiling talent forever.

orangeblobman

Rotation player
Here's My Current Off-Season Wishlist

Stoudemire/Lin/Fields to Brooklyn for Williams(S&T)/Wallace- Unlikely but perfect for both teams, we get that shitty Lin fan base out of the Garden, STAT stays close to where he just moved too, Fields is a kicker

Re-Sign JR Smith, Steve Novak, Dan Gadzuric

Buy a Late 1st Rounder- Draft (1)Arnett Moultrie 6'10 230 True PF(Jermaine O'Neal type) (2)Tyshawn Taylor 6'3 180 Combo PG off the bench(I think he's better than Mario Chalmers, Chauncey Billups type of player)

Vet Signing- CJ Miles

Starting 5
C- Tyson Chandler
F- Carmelo Anthony
F- Gerald Wallace
G- Iman Shumpert
G- Deron Williams

This allows Melo to stay in his comfort zone, we add a glue guy in Wallace to the starting 5 who still helps our defense, Deron is a better version of Billups, more athletic great 2nd option. Shumpert gets a lot of open looks, hopefully him and H20 are working all summer together

Bench
G- JR Smith
F- Steve Novak
F- Arnett Moultrie
F- CJ Miles
G- Tyshawn Taylor
C- Dan Gadzuric
G- Toney Douglas
F- Josh Harrellson
C- Jerome Jordan

Lin will never be moved, bank on that. Just like Houston never dealt Yao, if you're an NBA team it's too good to be true to have Lin. Lin is cash money, he will finish his career in New York no matter how much cash money he costs.

YuvalNYC

Rotation player
Lin will never be moved, bank on that. Just like Houston never dealt Yao, if you're an NBA team it's too good to be true to have Lin. Lin is cash money, he will finish his career in New York no matter how much cash money he costs.

yea seriously... all Dolan sees when he looks at Lin is a big fat $$$$$ sign.. nothing else.

Den318

Benchwarmer
What is THAT supposed to mean??!

It means he likes sucking Melo's dick. Melo will never take the Knicks to the final by himself, let alone win a championship. He is Kobe without the killer instinct. He gives you 25pts and nothing else.

Benchwarmer
It means he likes sucking Melo's dick. Melo will never take the Knicks to the final by himself, let alone win a championship. He is Kobe without the killer instinct. He gives you 25pts and nothing else.

girl-1.gif

Oh, my! :lol:

Benchwarmer
Well, all I want to say is that it's one thing not
to care for a particular player, but to call their
fan base "shitty", well is just plain SHITTY!!:td:

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
Are we talking about our roster during the next season or are we talking about whose fan base is more shitty whatever that's supposed to mean? Let me make this straight, fan bases of one particular player are always shitty, but we're all Knicks fans right? So why not put aside all that damn talk because we all know both Lin and Melo will share the stage for the next couple of years and it's just uneeded to argue about which player deserves the spotlight.

CA7

Scoring Champ
What is THAT supposed to mean??!

By shitty Lin fan base, I mean the idiots who come to the garden just to cheer for him, the media who will force feed him into stardom when it isn't healthy for the team, if Lin came without the side-show I'd be okay but his following is detrimental to team success, his hot streak was both good and bad

Just like Tebow coming to my Jets, Sanchez is my guy but once he fukks up guys will want Tebow for nothing more than wanting him out there because he's the new guy, same with Melo and Lin, we gotta see whats real and whats effective, Lin is a good player, Melo is an elite player but to the casual they dont see it like that

Basketball wise trading Lin at this point is a great move most competent GM's make, like how Elway traded Tebow and got a seasoned veteran

Its not about us sucking Melo's dick but Melo is the best player on the team, Woodson wont let Lin do whatever he wants like D'Antoni did but once Dolan see's Woodson playing someone more than Lin and his fans starting to leave little by little he will force Lin into the line-up, firing Woodson most likely and pushing the Knicks further back into NBA obscurity.

Lin like I said is a good player BUT New York is too much of a circus for a guy who comes with a side show

Also RJ or Rady can we please get guys to calm down with the "sucking Melo's dick" they can bash us for liking Melo's game more than others but I aint a faggot and I dont suck dick and no internet buster is gonna hide behind his computer and say that to me

VeryGundy

Benchwarmer
Hmm, another Melo vs. Lin debate?

We've all witnessed Melo taking his play to another level when both Stat and Lin were hurt. Knicks can win games with Melo as its only star. I just don't think Melo can do it for 82 games.

Using pejorative term on Lin's fans is uncalled for and aren't some of these fans also NY Knick's fans?

Cuckoo

Benchwarmer
By shitty Lin fan base, I mean the idiots who come to the garden just to cheer for him...
What do you call fans who go to the Garden cheering for Melo or any other favorite Knicks player? Just because Lin has a bigger fanbase doesnt make them "idiots or sh*tty!"

Basketball wise trading Lin at this point is a great move most competent GM's make...

So any GM who ends up with Lin next season is imcompetent?

Woodson wont let Lin do whatever he wants like D'Antoni did but once Dolan see's Woodson playing someone more than Lin and his fans starting to leave little by little he will force Lin into the line-up, firing Woodson most likely and pushing the Knicks further back into NBA obscurity.
Are you having a flashback??
If Lin's inability to play under Woodson and ends up quitting on him and the team and getting his coach fired, he will lose all my respect for him and I will be the first one to bash him!

Stop making poisonous rivalries between Lin & Melo, Stat & Melo, Shump & Lin at KO. Really unhealthy!

IMO you are by far the worst poster here.

metrocard

Legend
By shitty Lin fan base, I mean the idiots who come to the garden just to cheer for him, the media who will force feed him into stardom when it isn't healthy for the team, if Lin came without the side-show I'd be okay but his following is detrimental to team success, his hot streak was both good and bad

Just like Tebow coming to my Jets, Sanchez is my guy but once he fukks up guys will want Tebow for nothing more than wanting him out there because he's the new guy, same with Melo and Lin, we gotta see whats real and whats effective, Lin is a good player, Melo is an elite player but to the casual they dont see it like that

Basketball wise trading Lin at this point is a great move most competent GM's make, like how Elway traded Tebow and got a seasoned veteran

Its not about us sucking Melo's dick but Melo is the best player on the team, Woodson wont let Lin do whatever he wants like D'Antoni did but once Dolan see's Woodson playing someone more than Lin and his fans starting to leave little by little he will force Lin into the line-up, firing Woodson most likely and pushing the Knicks further back into NBA obscurity.

Lin like I said is a good player BUT New York is too much of a circus for a guy who comes with a side show

Also RJ or Rady can we please get guys to calm down with the "sucking Melo's dick" they can bash us for liking Melo's game more than others but I aint a faggot and I dont suck dick and no internet buster is gonna hide behind his computer and say that to me

Tyson Chandler is the best player of this team and is the defensive player of the year.

You didn't need to include the last paragraph, makes you look like a homophobe, or a closet homo and fake tough guy. We can do better than that.