Game Thread: Knicks @ Hawks 04/22

CA7

Scoring Champ
The thing I liked today was everyone was physical, they played bully ball and thats gonna be what puts us over Miami

I hope Melo and STAT dont act like friends with Little 3, I want that fire I seen tonight, Melo and STAT took a huge step in their games especially playing off of eachother today

Also both had double-doubles

Eastern Conference..........watch out

If we run the offense exclusively threw Melo and Stat and let the other players feed off of them,then our team is unstoppable.Melo was jackin it up and it almost had no effect on Amare on offense.we need to play like this and stop all the rest of our players from trying to create of the dribble and just play off of our 2 stars.For christ sakes if Fields haves a good game then that gameplan must have worked.

skisloper

Starter
The thing I liked today was everyone was physical, they played bully ball and thats gonna be what puts us over Miami

I hope Melo and STAT dont act like friends with Little 3, I want that fire I seen tonight, Melo and STAT took a huge step in their games especially playing off of eachother today

Also both had double-doubles

Eastern Conference..........watch out

Thats not Stat's style....Playoff time he wants to be the man and can give a crap about his buddies on the Heat.....its EGO time for Stat and he always steps up....

goNYgo

Rookie
Thats not Stat's style....Playoff time he wants to be the man and can give a crap about his buddies on the Heat.....its EGO time for Stat and he always steps up....
Just like how he sat against Boston in the playoffs.. always steps up :boohoo:

Munchen13

Benchwarmer
this was a huge momentum win for the knicks. Especially with amare being back to his form.

Amare had 12 rebounds in the game, this is what we need against mimai, this is what we lacked in that game!

Davis was an assist machine in the 2nd half, loved his dimes! and i am sure amare did too

fields should always have this confidence in his 3's, he is capable of pulling those 3's when needed

Melo was awesome, a great double double for the hottest NBA player nowadays (apparently talking about his performance hotness here)

Benchwarmer
All I can say is: WOW!!

cheerleader.gif

Oldtimer

Rotation player
Fields

I thought that Fields appeared to give more arc to his jump shots today. I believe they were much flatter -- and far less effective -- in the past. Was it my imagination?

skisloper

Starter
Just like how he sat against Boston in the playoffs.. always steps up :boohoo:

He had a first great game do u not remember ?
....He pulled a muscle in his back and could not play......The guy was our rock last season so I guess the wear and tear got him...

goNYgo

Rookie
I thought that Fields appeared to give more arc to his jump shots today. I believe they were much flatter -- and far less effective -- in the past. Was it my imagination?
No, you aren't. I noticed that as well. The past few games his shot as looked extremely flat.

p0nder

Starter
Knicks are sick wit it. Tyson being given rest is awesome, especially when we still pull out the W like this. great game. if we have tyson in there we win this by 8 points easy. Knicks are ROLLIN right now

nyk_nyk

All Star
If we run the offense exclusively threw Melo and Stat and let the other players feed off of them,then our team is unstoppable.Melo was jackin it up and it almost had no effect on Amare on offense.we need to play like this and stop all the rest of our players from trying to create of the dribble and just play off of our 2 stars.For christ sakes if Fields haves a good game then that gameplan must have worked.

A lot of what happened yesterday means very little since the lineup we started with will not be such in the playoffs. Amare played well (offensively) but there needs to be chemistry between Melo, Amare AND Chandler. The space around the basket has to be shared with TC no matter what. I say this because he is our most important player and anchors the defense. WE don't compete much without him, period.

Amare had all types of driving lanes playing at the C position but his game needs to come together at the PF spot if we're to have an effective starting lineup. TC never strays too far away from the basket because he is always hustling for boards, so Amare is going to have to learn to read defenses better and pass the ball when they collapse on him. His scoring yesterday was impressive and was made easier for him since the paint was open for him with Melo playing the perimeter at the 4.

Sorry, but i'm just not sold on this newfound yet until I see it with TC in the lineup.