Metta World Peace kills Harden

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
I'm all for more physicality in this league, but to call that unintentional.............dudes.

He feels contact, fleetingly sees the jersey of the other team, swings a 'bow of biblical proportions. Bad dogs get one chance in Stern's league, and I think Ron has just booked his ticket to an early retirement.

Did anyone see any jawing between the 2? Was there anything that instigated it? If not then Ron's well mediated stints with shrinks aren't doing too well if he can't restrain himself from a cheapy like that one. That's as blatant as it gets.

tiger0330

Legend
NBA is becoming a league for pussies. Sure Ron's elbow yesterday was nasty. But do any of you remember what Oakley and Mason did to opposing players?

This is basketball. Physical plays are part of the game.
Dude, u need help. If the NBA played by your rules, they would need to issue helmets.

Jinki?s

Rookie
I'm surprised no one mentioned Artest's reaction after he hit the guy. If he accidentally hit a guy that hard, he would have turned around right after connecting with him and gave an 'Oh shit whered you come from' reaction. He kept on moving as if he swatted a fly with his elbow.
That my friends, was intentional.

jimkcchief88

All Star
Basketball is still a physical, contact sport. I learned that lesson when I was a shorty playing hoops at the local gym on campus(MIZZOU). Our all Big 8 PF Malcomn Thomas was cutting to the goal. Malcomn was 6'8" 200 plus. I was barely 6'0" and about 160lbs soaking wet. I beat Malcomn to the spot in front of the rim. He calmly took the his arm, placed it on my birdchest, and sent me flying 20ft onto the track that surrounded the courts. I landed on my back, barely missed smacking my head on the track, and my toes almost touched the ground behind my head. As I sat up to collect myself, I had to double-roll to the right as the ball Malcomn just dunked through the goal almost hit me. Lesson: When someone goes to the goal with a nasty dunk, get the hell outta the way or else you might catch something. An elbow, knee in the grill, glass shattering(aka Chocolate Thunder), something. Least of all, why get caught in the poster? Byron Chamberlain(TE-Vikings) juggled his nuts in my boy Barry's mouth on a nasty dunk in the same gym and two decades later we are still talking about it. Just get the hell outta the way and live to fight another day.

All that being said this will give the lily-white media a chance to call artest an animal again and talk about how "this has no place in basketball." Hello, elbows are a part of basketball. Anybody who has played a pickup game knows this. How soon the white media forgets how "Bad Boy" Bill Laimbeer used to just haul off and slug people. But that was just "being a competitor." Whatever. Now some police captain here in Chicago is talking about Taurez hit on Hossa being "borderline criminal." Stay on your beat Captain. Hockey is a contact sport as well. And yes, I just played the race card. We are allowed to do that on KO.COM from time to time.

VeryGundy

Benchwarmer
Dude, u need help. If the NBA played by your rules, they would need to issue helmets.

Intimidation is part of the game. I've seen much worse from Oakley. IMO, MWP is a pussy cat comparing to Oakley.

Yes, I love physical basketball games. Like I said, this league is becoming too much like And-1. Bring the toughness back into the game and kick the floppers back to Euro league.

orangeblobman

Rotation player
Intimidation is part of the game. I've seen much worse from Oakley. IMO, MWP is a pussy cat comparing to Oakley.

Yes, I love physical basketball games. Like I said, this league is becoming too much like And-1. Bring the toughness back into the game and kick the floppers back to Euro league.

Find a time where Oakley elbowed a guy in the temple after winding up with all his strength.

And I gotta laugh at the Euro league comment.

Euro league is FAR MORE physical than the NBA game. They don't call hand checks to protect superstars like we do here.

Don't confuse violence for physicality.

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
If Harden ain't Dead or filing any brutal assault charges.... No harm done....give Artest one game suspension and lets play some Ball
Iv'e seen worst action on the NYC ball courts...this aint shit

Benchwarmer
I didn't realize this forum was full of 15 year old kids.

Okay, I re-watched the video and re-thought my stance
on what happened.

It probably was intentional, but I don't think he meant
to really hurt him. I think it was just the heat of the
moment, momentum, and, yes, his aggressive nature.

I think it's a good idea that most sports look down on
this kind of thing. It's the only way to nip it in the bud.

I did say it was funny, but just from a slap stick
point of view (the body movement) it made me laugh.

But, I don't condone violence, and I'm sure he will be
punished appropriately.

(AND, I also don't appreciate some of you pointing fingers
and calling some of us childish. I'm sure there have been
times when you laughed at something disturbing. Or,
laughed when you were uncomfortable, such as a wake.)

Inappropriate? Perhaps
Human nature? Yes

Childish? NO: we are ALL children on the inside. Don't forget that.

KingCharles34

All Star
Great enforcer move by Ron Ron, Harden came over and instigated it. World Peace did what im sure many players wanna do to Lames Harden. That boys got a bald spot on his beard now, who else saw that patch of hair fly off that ugly faggits face? I saw it with my own two eyes

Why is there a thread for this in here??? Dumb shiit

Someboy get this little girl a tampon

Benchwarmer
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyk_nyk

eeeww-eeeww-female-smiley-emoticon-000464-medium.gif

Okay, Mr. Starbury! Speaking for myself, some of us
women are NOT little girls, and happen to enjoy reading
about and discussing different topics. :smokin:

And, since NYK NYK is a man, give it to him like a man!

P.S. Didn't one of the three Stooges say "nyk,nyk, nyk"? :lol:

zshopa

Benchwarmer
Anybody defending That clown with different names in LA is crazy, this guy is a complete and absolute moron!!!!!!!!!!

MORON
MORON

I wouldnt give a flying F*ck whether it was intentional or not!!!!

Games are heated, ive played i been thrown out. but Hes a moron you are going into the playoffs your team desperately needs you since you are a big part of the their rotation and now you risk being suspended for the playoffs!!!!

How would you guys like it if Tyson Chandler did that shit and got suspended for the playoffs?

Tyson wouldnt do that, infact most players wouldnt cuz they have a brain....

World peace? WTF kinda name is that

I feel bad for Laker fans cuz now their best defender will be sidelined and deserves it.

KingCharles34

All Star
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyk_nyk

eeeww-eeeww-female-smiley-emoticon-000464-medium.gif

Okay, Mr. Starbury! Speaking for myself, some of us
women are NOT little girls, and happen to enjoy reading
about and discussing different topics. :smokin:

And, since NYK NYK is a man, give it to him like a man!

P.S. Didn't one of the three Stooges say "nyk,nyk, nyk"? :lol:
I apologize Miss Newb, didnt know we had females here.

NYK however is a little girl, but thats no disrespect to any of the women or men that post here

p0nder

Starter
Harden did come up in his space after the shot. If Artest had the ball in his had and did that same move it would be legal. It wasn't even that bad of a hit, Harden just collapsed. His elbow doesn't strike, it's mostly his tricep which is a pretty soft part of the body. Harden just sells the shot cause he knows that Artest will be suspended/punished and the LAK play in their conference.

Honestly it was a heat of the moment type of thing and while it is not a good part of the game and he should be punished, i don't think it's nessicary that people go crazy on this. Some people are calling for him to be removed completely from the league or suspended for the entire playoffs and then some, that just seems outlandish. The guy plays with heart and gets caught up in it.

Further to the game being too rough, there's a lot of concussions going on in the league and in prosports in general. In the past they weren't considered a big deal but new evidence points to this being a very serious threat to peoples livelihoods. Perhaps they should be wearing head gear and other protective gear out there. I don't even know how many times i've caught an elbow to the head, sometimes with serious results. Just something that might be worth looking into.

orangeblobman

Rotation player
If I show up on the courts with a helmet, the message I'm sending is that I'm here to do work and I will crush you if you come in my way.

Benchwarmer
Apology accepted, Mr. Starbury. Actually, I was just bantering
with you, even though the tampon remark was a bit you know what.
But, since you've never worn one, I guess I'll let you off the hook. :mrgreen:

Aw, how about we just call him a little boy? :smokin:

MetalDemon

Benchwarmer
MWP is a scum bag, if he elbowed Harden I would have had no problem if he was looking him in the face. I got no problem with fights in the NBA but this shit was just dick all the way. Sports are physical and shit happens but if this was a baseball game and some dude hit another player in the back of the head with a bat... ya that would be fuked up, whats the difference.. a bat?

KingCharles34

All Star
Apology accepted, Mr. Starbury. Actually, I was just bantering
with you, even though the tampon remark was a bit you know what.
But, since you've never worn one, I guess I'll let you off the hook. :mrgreen:

Aw, how about we just call him a little boy? :smokin:

Yes indeed, i did go overboard. Instead, I will agree to call him a little boy. And instead of needing a tampon, he will need a pacifier. Lets keep it PG :gony:

iSaYughh

Starter
Great enforcer move by Ron Ron, Harden came over and instigated it. World Peace did what im sure many players wanna do to Lames Harden. That boys got a bald spot on his beard now, who else saw that patch of hair fly off that ugly faggits face? I saw it with my own two eyes

Such a typically classic Starbury post. :teeth: