Grunwald Named Executive VP and GM

YuvalNYC

Rotation player
There's an article on Yahoo about hiring Phil Jackson to a 50M deal if the Knicks don't get out of the 1st round. Grunwald would be a fool to hire PJ for that kind of dough.

LOL you actually think Grunwald would have a say in that?
Dolan will force it if it comes down to that in the end.

tiger0330

Legend
There's an article on Yahoo about hiring Phil Jackson to a 50M deal if the Knicks don't get out of the 1st round. Grunwald would be a fool to hire PJ for that kind of dough.
We got our guy in Woody, the team is vastly improved especially on the D side, he motivates and the players support him. I've also had it with the false promises of celeb coaches like Larry Brown and D'Antoni. If PJ really believes in the team, let him prove it by coming to NY for the same deal we gave D'Antoni.

roflbot.jpg

I don't get it how any Knicks fan can be against a potential signing of Phil Jackson.

The man has 11 rings folks, 11!

Woodson has done a decent job, but his CV is a joke compared to Jackson's.

Let's not forget that in the defining moments we still lost to shit teams under Woodson and threw the 4th seed carelessly away (Toronto, Cleveland).

So there might actually be a bit of truth in what they said in Atlanta about Woody, he's a good coach, great guy and he'll coach teams up to a decent level, but he lacks the finishing. The end-product is just not there. That's what they said in Atlanta when they fired him.

In other words: He's the Lebron James among coaches.

Jackson on the other hand delivers as much end-product as you'll ever see in NBA history. He'S the Bill Russel, Michael Jordan among coaches.

And $50 million for 4 years is nothing for Jackson. I think it's very cheap and would be a steal by Grunwald if he can get him for that kind of money. Amar'e is making close to $20 million for one year.......

tiger0330

Legend
^^Hardly a steal at $50m/4 years. That would make him the highest paid coach in NBA history.

Give PJ Mike D. money which was no chump change and let him come for his love of the Knicks and the O&B and not the money.

That's true and a good sign for Woody^^

I don't think Phil really wants to coach again (not now anyway), plus he got the broom last year in the playoffs...not a good sign I want to see in any coach.

Woody did great things in Atlanta so I expect him to do even better in NY with a much better roster to work with. Phil is too laid back for this group of guys. His success came at the hands of Kobe and Jordan. I would like to see what Phil could have done with that Atlanta team Woodson had to work with.

We had some hall of fame coaches already but that didn't work out. This team (The Knicks) was always known for their defensive play. We finally got that back...along with scorers. Phil will just sit on the bench with his legs crossed showing as much emotions as D'Ant did. I don't want to risk going down that route again. We have our man right here in Woodson. Give him the shot that he's earned. I'm not going to jump all over Phils sack because of what he did with 2 of the best players of all time on his team.

This is a new era, new times...and perhaps new champs on the rise. We can start our own legacy with Woodson, there's no immediate need for Phil so it kind of baffles me to see fans begging for a coach we don't really need. It's almost disrespectful to our current coach and the fantastic job he has done. SMH.

HRFlossy

Rookie
I just can't see Phil here, just due to he has nothing left to prove and is living the good life! I could totally be wrong but I just don't see him coming out of retirement anytime soon.

I wouldn't be mad at it though, but I hope Woodson gets extended!:thumbsup:

Flossy out...:peace: