Rumour: Knicks preparing to offer a lucrative contract to Pjax

p0nder

Starter
Doesn't matter what Woodson does; if Phil Jax is willing to coach here, BYE WACK SAUCE WOODSON.

I'd say if Woodson gets us to ECF's or better then you have to keep him. I think some players might revolt if we got rid of him.

Plus with grunwald's removing of interm GM tag i think the same will be done with woody in time. GG brought in Woodson, that's his guy.

I wouldn't be upset if PJ came here, i just think people put him on a crazy pedestal because he happened to coach two of the best players in the league during 2 different era's.

groundpilot

Benchwarmer
I think if you can get the best coach in human history, you go ahead and do it. Woodson has done a tremendous job so far, its undeniable. But we are talking about P.J. here.

CLYDE

Benchwarmer
I hope it's just a rumor, but I think it is a good thing.

Melo, etc. love Woodson, play D, and respect him. This rumor just may push Melo and the rest to put on a show vs. Heat to save Woody's job.

knicks1183

Benchwarmer
For the sake of debate, i'll say go with jackson only because I believe Dant phoni was horrible and i believe 8 out of 10 coaches would have done a way better job, how could you turn down a Hall of fame coach and probably one of the greatest coaches of our time??? Not taking anything away form Woodson but I think if he doesnt make it past the 1st round through either Chicago or Miami just move him to assistant and bring in Phil.

iJoe

Rotation player
I'd say if Woodson gets us to ECF's or better then you have to keep him. I think some players might revolt if we got rid of him.

Plus with grunwald's removing of interm GM tag i think the same will be done with woody in time. GG brought in Woodson, that's his guy.

I wouldn't be upset if PJ came here, i just think people put him on a crazy pedestal because he happened to coach two of the best players in the league during 2 different era's.

He actually did some of his best coaching when Shaq left and he was left with Kobe and scrubs. He also got the Bulls thinking championship even after Jordan left for baseball.

Its a lot harder than people think to win with good players. A good coach can make a bad team stop underachieving. A great coach helps a good team gel and push them past real competition when it comes down to the playoffs and making game per game adjustments in a chess match with the opposing coach.

People seem to forget that the Playoffs are a completely different beast than the regular season. When it comes to a 7 game grind.... you can actually see how coaching has an effect game to game. Never judge a coach or player by the regular season.

CA7

Scoring Champ
If Phil would honor the contract its hard to say NO, but realistically the Knicks biggest problem has been the lack of consistency with a team

We could potentially being losing
Smith
Novak
Fields
Lin
Jeffries
Davis
Bibby

and now Woodson

we have 1 draft pick, we're gonna waste the MLE on Lin when his agent should just tell him take the QO, get an even bigger deal next year rather then the 5mil a year, he'll easily get 9mil.

Dolan wants to be the fukking show of the town rather than a successful sports team

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Woodson needs to stay. He's proved himself. He's coached this team to a 17-6 record, maybe even an 18-6 record (assume we beat the bobcats).

That's a 75% winning percentage, which would be a 61-win season in a full season.

If you're going to fire a coach who can lead a team to 61 wins then we have a real problem. Woodson has earned his money. In his short time he has done things that Mike D'Antoni could not do in THREE YEARS here.

21 Shump Street

Benchwarmer
If Phil would honor the contract its hard to say NO, but realistically the Knicks biggest problem has been the lack of consistency with a team

We could potentially being losing
Smith
Novak
Fields
Lin
Jeffries
Davis
Bibby

and now Woodson

we have 1 draft pick, we're gonna waste the MLE on Lin when his agent should just tell him take the QO, get an even bigger deal next year rather then the 5mil a year, he'll easily get 9mil.

Dolan wants to be the fukking show of the town rather than a successful sports team
I didn't think Lin had a QO?

orangeblobman

Rotation player

Bthey don't become the best without Zen master. That's the thing.

orangeblobman

Rotation player
3D4aC.gif

It's relative, the wack sauce. Woody pales in Zen master's fat shadow.

Hands down man down.

Cuckoo

Benchwarmer
Apparently this rumor is flying all over the league. I bet Zen Master doesnt even know anything about it.

I see Dolan pawprints all over this one! Not a bad tactic if you are the owner of a playoff team and wants to get a message across to your coach.