GAME ONE - Knicks @ Heat: Sat, April 28 @ 3:30. Pressure's On Them

LeFlume

All Star
8's is such a great motivator. He should do the Knicks halftime speech via skype. In japanese if necessary. The Knicks would come out to third quarter like five Samurai on steroids.

Great thread 8

GO KNICKS. :gony:

miked1958

Rotation player
Also, this has the same feel to it of when Philly went out and bought all those stars and couldnt get it done. The Heat already failed last season as well. The Marlins did pretty much the same thing this season going out and spending Millions ANSI off to a very slow start. As a matter of fact Reyes came to NY for first time since signing with Miami and promptly went 1-12 in the 3 game series while being swept by the Mets.

Watch the fouls, in this series especially. You know Bron and Wade get tons of calls so this is key. Hoping the refs call some of the maulings that Anthony does to chandler as well. Last time we played them poor Chandler got mauled all game, and in the 4th qtr Anthony only had 3/4 fouls...rediculous

Praying the refs call this series right so we have a chance at the upset

Good point. If they call this like the Boston playoff series last year we dont have a shot...

iSaYughh

Starter
Posted this in the Pre-GT by mistake:

If MIA doesn't just smother us with superior talent (this series will be a good litmus test for how talented we truly are, collectively), *I can see some very tight games -- not unlike last year, vs the Cel'dicks.

*assuming JR doesn't shoot us out of a game, and Shumpert doesn't pull a Starks.

The question then is, will we rise to the challenge, unlike those harrowing defeats of last year? *I believe we can, and may. Unlike last year, we have a starting NBA center, who also happens to dominate other team's players as well as Peter North can dominate a girl's face -- which is to say, extraordinarily well.

*at this potential point, it is really a question of who mans up, and who mans up more, in the clutch, to close the games out: Melo? Lebron, or Wade?

Misc Factors:

3 Pt Shooting -- let's fool ourselves, we have been shooting the shit out of the rock from beyond the arc, and our spacing and thus ball movement and looks from the 3 have been terrific. This must continue.

Amare to The Bench -- no, he won't be benched, but will Woodson do what Torts did for the NY Rangers, when the Richards-Gaborik superstar tandem just wasn't gelling? Will there be a concerted effort to see Amare play with the 2nd unit? How far will Woodson stretch this possibility? If Amare is posterizing fools and collecting his 20 by way of what should be Amare's high .500 FG%, I believe it may go quite far.

Play from the Point: against MIA's tenacious D, we will need crisp passing and consistent floor leadership out of whomever is orchestrating our offense. For the obvious reasons, and to establish a rhythm and confidence in our men that will not allow MIA to swarm us with total abandon and smell blood.

The Mental Game -- Wade and Lebron can combust. This round of the playoffs, against us, is a situation where the possibility of them combusting, can become an actually distinct reality. They bitch at each other during games, it can get icy, it an **** up their flow, and it can turn either one of them into goats at the end of a game. On this note, I feel all the prior Misc Factors, if worked to our advantage, can create the situations that will lead to such a combustion.

Go :gony: and sick ****ing GT; I savored every word.

Nyknicks141

Benchwarmer
Crazy⑧s;230735 said:
Big props must go to Nyknicks141 for letting me use footage from his Knicks Mix for my debut video. Please rep him! Prison rep his ass!

He had this to say.

Dude deserves tsunamis of poon.

Thanks for the props, GREAT GAME THREAD.

Gave me goosebumps.

tiger0330

Legend
It ain't gonna be easy. The Heat and esp Lebron want to make amends for last years championship loss, they will be on a mission to win that NBA championship that seemed to be a given the day they got the BIG 3. Expect the Knicks to be facing a team playing with as much intensity as any in the post-season.

KingCharles34

All Star
Crazy with the 500 star game thread....Job well done. Great job of breaking down everything, I cant wait to see how the matchups playout. Mainly Stat vs Bosh, thats a big one for us. Even though Chandler will spend some time guarding Bosh too

tkrieger

Benchwarmer
In the probable event the Knicks fail to get out of the first round, the game to look back on is that sleepwalk in Cleveland....... (The lowly Wizards beat this same Cavs team in the same building five days later.) Had the Knicks beaten this doormat, we'd be talking Pacers instead of Heat. A team I thought the Knicks would have had a far better chance at knocking off.........

So if Jeremy Lin is targeting return in the second round, chances are his next game will be next season.

gaknickfan

Benchwarmer
nice game thread ...getting everyone pumped up ...keys too this series im thinking STOP BOSH!!!! Wades going to score, Lebron will get his... we must control Bosh and the other heat players from having big games...DEFENSIVE REBOUNDS!!!! must limited seconds shots.... TYSON CHANDLER he`s got to stay out of foul trouble finally JR SMITH!!! like 8 said he`s a big key we`ll need his scoring to win this series ...how Smith does will determine this series

No matter the outcome, this season was one of the most emotional and inspiring seasons i have had as a Knick fan, The ups and downs, the Linsanity and the injuries we have gone threw and the coaching change along with Melo coming up big for us when we needed him the most, this had to be the most Eyes-Glued-To-TV season i have had as a Knick fan, our guys deserve praise even if we don't get by the Heat.

GO KNICKS

628x471.jpg

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
In the probable event the Knicks fail to get out of the first round, the game to look back on is that sleepwalk in Cleveland....... (The lowly Wizards beat this same Cavs team in the same building five days later.) Had the Knicks beaten this doormat, we'd be talking Pacers instead of Heat. A team I thought the Knicks would have had a far better chance at knocking off.........

So if Jeremy Lin is targeting return in the second round, chances are his next game will be next season.

Considering that the vast majority of opinions, professional analysis or otherwise, were for the Knicks to have been in the 3rd seed behind Chicago and Miami. I think that given the fact we had the shortened season, no summer league, an injured Stoudemire entering the season and a coach whose whim suited his means moreso than the players' far exceed the result of a single game.

It was a terrible, stupid loss but is only a fraction of the overall reasoning behind this team became the season's biggest underachiever.

tkrieger

Benchwarmer
Crazy⑧s;230857 said:
Considering that the vast majority of opinions, professional analysis or otherwise, were for the Knicks to have been in the 3rd seed behind Chicago and Miami. I think that given the fact we had the shortened season, no summer league, an injured Stoudemire entering the season and a coach whose whim suited his means moreso than the players' far exceed the result of a single game.

It was a terrible, stupid loss but is only a fraction of the overall reasoning behind this team became the season's biggest underachiever.
Terrible, stupid, and maybe costly.......... It was the Cavs' only win in their last 8 games.

c0leworld

Benchwarmer
Finally decided to get an avatar for the special occasion :mrgreen: LETS GO KNICKS!! So hyped. Nice thread.