@ The
nyk_40.gif

ucb47iiggt6671oa3h82od97t_display_image.gif

nyk_40.gif
$?A?
nyk_40.gif

amarehot.png

amare.gif

Amar'e Stoudemire. So much rests on the shoulders of our MAX contract PF anomaly. If anything has become apparent in modern basketball, it is that size and defense win series, win championships, win true admiration and awe from fans and peers alike.

Personally, to say that I'm anxious about Amar'e's tendency to be the antithesis of this prototype, his mental standpoint and understanding of how pivotal his role is would be vastly understating the truth. STAT has lost a lot of die hard followers to at least some capacity this year, and he will win them back by stopping penetration and cleaning the windows.

His role has been defined since Melo's come to form, and his weaknesses unquestionably must now be referred to as his most necessary means for the Knicks' success.

532694_3532040814950_1090158690_33351598_749545352_n.jpg

knicks_logo.gif
HEAD 2 HEAD
knicks_logo.gif

554297_3555228634631_1090158690_33365198_1798855128_n.jpg

knicks_logo.gif
VERSUS
knicks_logo.gif

401641_3555234074767_1090158690_33365212_1355957063_n.jpg

It is a battle of Brain VS Braun.

This, to me, is a stalemate in many ways, but not in others. It's quite the head scratcher to a degree, as they play very similar games in a sense, but have such contrasting mentalities and physicality. Both play from range and can create + penetrate, both are capable of offensive outbursts.

Advantage: Bosh. Barely, if at all. Bosh has the superior facilitators and has a game fashioned to his liking within Miami's system. He is a thinking man's baller - not that the same can be said of Amar'e - and can exploit STAT's defensive shortcomings and draw fouls doing so. He is also less of an offensive focal point for the Heat, and can reserve energy on offense as opposed to Amar'e and can focus more so on taking STAT out of his offensive game.

Amar'e's advantages are strength and, well, nastiness. But that back injury may well take its toll for the second straight season, and his lengthy hiatus, until proven otherwise is a detractor.

large.jpg

Verdict: Unless STAT is ready, I see Bosh's role individually for his team being the Heat's advantage in this matchup. Though nothing is set in stone, Bosh, IMO, has the upper hand because of Wade and James, while Amar'e is our second choice offensively and will tire as well as be forced in to his characteristic offensive mistakes where he tries to do too much. In his defense, however, STAT comes to play when the stakes are highest, though making any predictions with this guy is never based on his previous form. As I said in the opening paragraph, our Max contract, PF anomaly.

Jinki?s

Rookie
I personally think this is the most critical match up. You can only defend against Lebron and Wade's spectacular shooting so much. What you can do against the Heat is stop them from penetrating. Hold down the paint. Play tough against Bosh. Don't give them that other option. Amare NEEDS to play defense. As this is a playoff series I expect him to put in that extra effort that we don't see in the regular season. Block some shots and box em out, big man!

CoolClyde

IMHO, all of these stickies should have been combined into one Knicks vs Miami post-season game thread (at least for game 1), as they're so great, and Crazy 8's is by far the best game-threader on KO.

tiger0330

Legend
Critical matchup. Amare needs to neutralize Bosh in addition to being the force on offense we expect him to be. Earn that paycheck Stat.

tiger0330

Legend
IMHO, all of these stickies should have been combined into one Knicks vs Miami post-season game thread (at least for game 1), as they're so great, and Crazy 8's is by far the best game-threader on KO.
I actually like it as individual threads. We can comment on our stars individually, sort of like a report card on them. I also like them as stickies because they're right up at the top of thread list. Good work Crazy8, I agree you are an MVP on this BBS.

rogeryy

Benchwarmer

For readability, I think the stickies better be separated. :) (But that's just me.)

And YES! Crazy8 is the best game-threader! :)

rogeryy

Benchwarmer
I like the smile on Amare's face.

Bosh looks like he tends to get nervous under pressure. But he's got home court advantage though.

NYCLakerfan

Rotation player
Like everyone's said this is the most important match up, who knows how Amare is gonna play but like you said he's always showed up in the playoffs when healthy I think he's a lot more mentally tough than Bosh. But we shall see how this match up plays out.

Kiyaman

Legend
I have faith in Stat this series to steal a game in Miami....

The Heat plan to throw Turiaf, Joel Anthony, and Haslem's 18 fouls on Stat each game this series....all three F/C will be switching position on defensive-plays and Miami's many lineups.

Im still upset with Woodson for not Gellin a 12 mpg frontcourt of Jordan, Jorts, and Novak lineup in our final 25 games of the regular season.

KingCharles34

All Star
I have faith in Stat this series to steal a game in Miami....

The Heat plan to throw Turiaf, Joel Anthony, and Haslem's 18 fouls on Stat each game this series....all three F/C will be switching position on defensive-plays and Miami's many lineups.

Im still upset with Woodson for not Gellin a 12 mpg frontcourt of Jordan, Jorts, and Novak lineup in our final 25 games of the regular season.

Kiyaman u gotta get some of what u smoke, I smoke midz or mid level average $25 a half ounce weed

Stat will get toyed with and embarrassed, schooled and retired

Amare would have to come out extremely focused and really challenge himself. I wish Woodson stuck Amare on Blake the whole game against the Clippers, it woulda been good practice for him. You cant let Amare dodge the tough matchups, hes gotta work on his defense if hes gonna be here 3 more years and make 60 milli

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee

Why thank you, muffin! :lol: Your own was a standout! Gotta ask you, big nuts, how's the atmosphere in NYC? Can't say I've experienced the anticipation in a place the likes of NY.

Went to an honor killing once and that was a bubbly vibe.

Kiyaman u gotta get some of what u smoke, I smoke midz or mid level average $25 a half ounce weed

Amare would have to come out extremely focused and really challenge himself. I wish Woodson stuck Amare on Blake the whole game against the Clippers, it woulda been good practice for him. You cant let Amare dodge the tough matchups, hes gotta work on his defense if hes gonna be here 3 more years and make 60 milli

You're right, homes. Everything he's persecuted for has to become his staple, NOT his flaw.

He's always turned it up in the playoffs, however, and it's a ridiculous shame that we never know which version of a MAX contract player is gonna show up.

If he doesn't stop offensive rebounds and put backs in game 1 with some form of regularity, he deserves ALL THE ****ING HATE that he gets.

Posting from your phone eats cock!

metrocard

Legend
Knicks best offensive weapon pre Melo was Amare's mid range jumper. We desperately need that jumper to work against Miamis D.

Kiyaman

Legend

high prices evrywhere....Stat receive so much damn rest in the regular season....expect a dominatin-energize Stat to show up for the postseason games. Especially when the Knicks vs Miami series are expected to be the highest-rating in the first round....ABC network
Dont SLEEP on Stat...

KingCharles34

All Star
No homo but i guess u can say im sleepin on Stat...

He has an easier matchup against Bosh/Haslem/Anthony then Carmelo does with Lebron and Battier guarding him. Id like to see him average 20 a game at least for this series, as for today...

9 points (2-7)
5 rebounds
32 minutes

Very disappointing for a player that still has 3 years 60 milli coming to him

To be fair, it's a scoreless draw after game one between Bosh and STAT.

Neither of them contributed.

It was Lebitch, Battier and a bit of Wade against pretty much only J.R. Smith and a bit of Baron Davis (early in the game).

Everybody else went AWOL

Jinki?s

Rookie
Honestly, I wouldn't put to much into the performance from the first game. The refs butchered the game in the 2nd quarter. I'll give it to Lebron, he made some good plays but the flopping and questionable calls gave the Heat another 6-10 points in such quick succession that you start to think the refs have decided the outcome.
They go down something like 20 points going into the half and lose some quick baskets in the beginning of the 3rd quarter and everyone checked out. The game was ruined early. I wouldn't look into the stats of either team on this one. Except maybe for the fact that Lebron was hitting to many shots in the first half and Melo was doing the exact opposite.