2012 NBA Playoffs Discussion - The Other Series

CA7

Scoring Champ
I said from the beginning the winner of the Finals comes out of the West either the Spurs or the Lakers to be honest

Anyone but Miami.....and maybe Boston

Cuckoo

Benchwarmer
Anyone but Miami!

There are many 3-2 series:

Celtics and Hawks
Sixers and Bulls
Lakers and Nuggets

Which one(s) will go to the 7th game?

I pick:
Lakers and Nuggets

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
Anyone but Miami!

Celtics and Hawks
Sixers and Bulls
Lakers and Nuggets

I pick:
Lakers and Nuggets
:agreed: Lakers and Denver is a fun series to watch, it should go to game 7. Im going to have to throw Hawks and Celtics going to game 7 to, they have the potential to win the series actually

REALHEAT

Benchwarmer
facee_1.jpg

Cuckoo

Benchwarmer
Anyone but Miami!

Celtics and Hawks
Sixers and Bulls
Lakers and Nuggets

I pick:
Lakers and Nuggets
Haha...i am so proud of my pick. Yup, I am not known for being modest!

Bulls and Hawks are goners!

Looks like Nuggets will head back to LA for Game 7, leading by 25 with 1:25 in 3rd.
I am also an old time Lakers fan but I just dont like their chances this year, playing with little motivation and heart! Even with 32-1 record after leading 3-1, they just might lose game 7.

Kiyaman

Legend
Lakers vs Denver ..... My 2011 draft pick Rookie Kenneth Faried are averaging a double-double vs Bynum/Gasol in the series.
Faried is the hardest working energy Rookie I seen since the Magic/Bird rookie season.

Session vs Miller are still battling on how to make wise decisions under pressure. No we dont want Andre Miller in New York. Miller under pressure becomes JR Smith.

Ty Lawson is making Steve Blake into a tier-3 PG....Denver deep depth will make this into the winner of the 7th game.

Indiana Pacers zapped Orlando Magic in 5 games.... The Pacers will use their bench deep depth to go 7 games with Miami Heat.

Knicks Fans need to watch how Pacers headcoach Vogel use C-Hibbert, PF-West, and SF-Granger to co-exist as a trio frontcourt unit on the strength of Granger's performance.
Pacers headcoach Vogel bringing the teams best pass-first PG-Collison off the bench to get scoring from all the bench-players was the mark of a great coach being born in Indiana.

Kiyaman

Legend
Haha...i am so proud of my pick. Yup, I am not known for being modest!

Bulls and Hawks are goners!

Looks like Nuggets will head back to LA for Game 7, leading by 25 with 1:25 in 3rd.
I am also an old time Lakers fan but I just dont like their chances this year, playing with little motivation and heart! Even with 32-1 record after leading 3-1, they just might lose game 7.

Meta will be back on the 7th game to play his heart out to win Lakers fans.

Cuckoo

Benchwarmer
Lakers vs Denver ..... My 2011 draft pick Rookie Kenneth Faried are averaging a double-double vs Bynum/Gasol in the series.
Faried is the hardest working energy Rookie I seen since the Magic/Bird rookie season.

Session vs Miller are still battling on how to make wise decisions under pressure. No we dont want Andre Miller in New York. Miller under pressure becomes JR Smith.

Ty Lawson is making Steve Blake into a tier-3 PG....Denver deep depth will make this into the winner of the 7th game.
I really like the Nuggets and how Karl put those young players together and play as a team. They also have one of the lowest salary cap in the league! Prop to the owner and coach.
McGee is just a monster shot blocker.
Lawson can dribble by anyone with ease.
Of course, your Faried is a beast-man. IMO He is the most valuable player in Nuggets, and the biggest reason Nuggets can finally compete against Lakers and/Spurs in the playoffs this year.

InGodsHands

Benchwarmer
I really like the Nuggets and how Karl put those young players together and play as a team. They also have one of the lowest salary cap in the league! Prop to the owner and coach.
McGee is just a monster shot blocker.
Lawson can dribble by anyone with ease.
Of course, your Faried is a beast-man. IMO He is the most valuable player in Nuggets, and the biggest reason Nuggets can finally compete against Lakers and/Spurs in the playoffs this year.

the main reason Nuggets are playing game 7 is because they got rid off a certain loser who takes 30 shots per game. Now they can finally play team basketball and you can see the results.

mafra

Legend
The DENVER NUGGETS starting five:

PG: Ty Lawson (should have been drafted by Knicks in '09 whe NY took J-Hill)
SG: Arron Afflalo (this would be Wilson Chandler)
SF: Danillo Gallinari (was drafted by NYK in '08)
PF: Kenneth Faried (could have been drafted ny NYK last year)
C: Timofey Mozgov (signed by NYK in 2010)

The Bench:

Al Harrington (played in NY 2008-2010)
Corey Brewer (MIN traded to NYK for Anthony Randolph)
Andre Miller (DEN acquired when trading Raymond Felton to POR)

It's simply amazing, isn't it? Practically an entire team filling out one roster that easily could have been playing together on another team's roster, in another city. In all my life, I don't recall such symmetry... never an instance where this has occurred before.

In the playoffs, NBA teams shorten their rotations to about 8 men. Here we have 7 guys that could have been Knicks this year. Holy cow!

Now, to be fair, if we do not pull off that trade w/ DEN (& we take a PG instead of J-Hill, & don't dump JJ to HOU)... what would the current NYK look like?

Instead of Javal McGe, NYK would feature Amar'e Stoudemire. Let's start there. STAT was on the time when trade went down. Also, remove Al Harrington from the picture.

PG: Lawson (or Jennings) is our starting PG. He's backed up by Andre Miller, whom we received in a trade with POR. We can also add... if Melo was dealt to NJ, then it's possible Deron gets dealt to NY. Put I'm doing this with the idea we did nothing at the trade deadline last year.

SG: This is the tricky part. As much as I like Kenneth Faried, and felt he should have been our target, I cannot complain about the Shumpert pick. I still opt for Shumpert, b/c of his perimeter defense & the fact we already have Amar'e & Mozgov. So, NYK start the rookie Shumpert, who is backed up by Corey Brewer & Landry Fields.

SF: Sure, NYK could have just signed Carmelo last Summer. He would be here, along with Danillo Gallinari. BUt we'll leave that out for now. So, Gallinari starts, & he's backed up by Brewer-Fields combo as well.

PF: Amar'e 'the extinguisher' Stoudemire baby. Jared Jeffries probably returns as a free agent last Summer... so he'll be the backup here.

C: Timofey Mozgov. However... If we didn't land Carmelo Anthony via trade, and if we somehow still failed to bring him aboard during the summer via free agency, then NYK would've signed Tyson Chandler. Would Chandler have signed here if no Melo? Who knows.

In other words... our current roster would be:

Lawson (Miller)
Shumpert (Fields)
Gallinari (Brewer)
Amar'e (Jefries)
Mozgov (Harrellson)

And... add to this mix either Carmelo Anthony or both Wilson & Tyson Chandler.

If we went w/ the Chandler twins:

Lawson (Miller)
W-Chandler (Shumpert, Fields)
Gallinari (Brewer)
Amar'e (Jefries)
T-Chandler (Mozgov, Harrellson)

We don't know what this team does in the East... I bet it finishes as the 4-6th seed though... We do know it'sgood enough to force a game-7 against the Lakers!

miked1958

Rotation player
hey miami fan.. shouldnt u be on the pacers boards by now. why are you still here. trying to Rub salt in the wounds still? Look everyone on here knew it was a long long long shot to beat Miami this season with all the problems, injuries, etc the knicks went through. Its not that shocking to us here that miami won 4-1. Hey be sure you come back when your team falls short of the goal again this year. You see what philly just did... they have a team that doesnt have all the star power that NY and the bulls brought in yet they got hot and are getting it done. Now i realize without all the injures to NY and Chi things could of been different but that is what happens in every sport every year.

miked1958

Rotation player
A team that is not supposed to win it all often does and the teams that everyone is expecting to win falter. just in recent past. Pats 18-0 in 07, Dallas #1 seed and 13-3 in 07. GB at home that year in NFCCG... none of them won it all. Look at the top payroll yankees last several years. how many titles that have to show for that high payout? 0... Phillies last several years best team and pitching falling short. Redsox choking with all the stars. Vancouver the number 1 overall seed in the NHL knocked out in first round this year. bunch of 1 and 2 seeds and even 3s going down in nhl as a matter of fact. YOUR MIAMI HEAT LAST SEASON... lol. GB last year 15-1 and defending champs totally dominatied at home in first round for them in 11. SF at home for nfccg.. nope. Pats and BB going to lose to same team twice in SB??? yep they did. The lists go on and on. It wont be any different this year. some team with a whole lot LESS stars and one that doesnt have a HUGE playroll will get HOT get on a ROLL and eliminate the top tier teams just like always. WHO will it be..... Philly, Indiana, Denver??? OKC is kinda favored but they are pretty much home grown... they didnt go out and make a bunch of HUGE signings. SA was figured pretty much done just like CELTs. We will see. but it wont be Miami. so go bother the Indiana fans and enjoy whats left of your NBA season. The loss by you guys will STING alot more then it has stung for us. We are already over it. you guys wont be over it till the opening tip of the first game next season and even then you wont be...lol

mafra

Legend
I don't see MIA beating OKC. Their offense is pretty iffy. They have no answer for Westbrook, & Durant-Harden can match what Lebron-Wade bring.

Perkins-Ibaka better than just Bosh.

OK has advantage at the point & in the paint. They are equal on the wings.

The difference is: I trust OKC more down the stretch in the clutch than I do... I put no faith in Le'choke James.

orangeblobman

Rotation player
the main reason Nuggets are playing game 7 is because they got rid off a certain loser who takes 30 shots per game. Now they can finally play team basketball and you can see the results.

Hahaha, that's true, man.

Nuggies put together a team of players that fits so good.

They bailed on bad contracts immediately after realizing this was a bad contract, like Nene.

If New York would admit they made mistakes like the Nuggets admit their mistakes, we would be winning, too. Nuggies admit a mistake, they move to correct it, and their product on the floors continues to improve. I think Nuggies are on the road to Championship contention if they keep building and tweaking their team. Just a smart way to run a team.

mafra

Legend
Hahaha, that's true, man.

Nuggies put together a team of players that fits so good.

They bailed on bad contracts immediately after realizing this was a bad contract, like Nene.

If New York would admit they made mistakes like the Nuggets admit their mistakes, we would be winning, too. Nuggies admit a mistake, they move to correct it, and their product on the floors continues to improve. I think Nuggies are on the road to Championship contention if they keep building and tweaking their team. Just a smart way to run a team.

DEN wont be winning anything as long as OKC stands in their way. Durant-Westbrook-Harden-Ibaka are all under 24.

I do agree that NY should have saved the amnesty for Amar'e. Using it on Billups was foolish, even though I agree signing Tyson was a great move.

I think Amar'e will be fine next year, that this year was a product of the lock-out & the death of his brother. Amar'e has heart and he cares.

Still, you have to wonder... And if he can't return to the player he was the first half of last year, then NY has no escape the final 2 years of his contract.

But NYK are owned by Dolan. Yikes. So smart isn't associated with the Knicks org.

IF NYK convince NASH to come here, and if they work that out for the vet min, and sign LIN to part of the MLE, using the rest to lure another shooter (J-Crawford)... NYK will be winning it all next year.

REALHEAT

Benchwarmer
hey miami fan.. shouldnt u be on the pacers boards by now. why are you still here. trying to Rub salt in the wounds still? Look everyone on here knew it was a long long long shot to beat Miami this season with all the problems, injuries, etc the knicks went through. Its not that shocking to us here that miami won 4-1. Hey be sure you come back when your team falls short of the goal again this year. You see what philly just did... they have a team that doesnt have all the star power that NY and the bulls brought in yet they got hot and are getting it done. Now i realize without all the injures to NY and Chi things could of been different but that is what happens in every sport every year.
Ok
1.why would i be on the pacers board?
2.Please read my post. If i wanted to rub "salt i the wounds" i would have done it already.
3. ok lmao will do