G2: New York Knicks @ Miami Heat 04.30 7:00 PM

knicks1183

Benchwarmer
I am not in anyway taking the w from miami, but i cant help but notice the ****ing flopping and unecessary calls from the refs. When the refs make bad calls like i saw it just dictates how the game is [layed and how it turns out sometimes..

miked1958

Rotation player
If the Knicks win tmrw they shift to positivity is prob gonna sky rocket on this site.

But like someone else said there's a lot of health problems for NY right now Melo and STAT need to beast for the rest of this series.
We can't beat the Miami Floppers

miked1958

Rotation player
I am not in anyway taking the w from miami, but i cant help but notice the ****ing flopping and unecessary calls from the refs. When the refs make bad calls like i saw it just dictates how the game is [layed and how it turns out sometimes..

So do you think we should rename them the

MIAMI FLOPPERS

Paul1355

All Star
Tyson is still sick, will orbably be as bad as he was in Game 1.
Jeffries is still sore
Davis is sore
Shumpert is out
Bibby got hurt last game but played anyway

We are screwed.

We need Melo and Amare to be amazing to even pull out a win.

After the terrible loss in game 1, we look completely outmatched physically and mentally.

Woodson has had a tough pill to swallow as soon as he had his head coaching gig.

The Knicks are cursed.

Everyone except Lin was healthy and then all hell breaks loose with injuries and people getting sick, reminds me too much of last season.

Tokie420

Benchwarmer
If Amar'e plays soft on the boards again, i am burning his house.

For real dude. 5 boards is fn pathetic...

I dunno..I wouldnt be surprised if we dont show up again. This team doesnt have heart. Losing is one thing. With the injuries and our opponent, we knew it was going to be hard. But what I didnt expect was for us to play with no heart. No mental toughness, To let the refs and lebrons flopping get in their heads is plain ridiculous. Lebron is out to let people know that there is no comparison between him and melo. Melo should be treating this series as the defining moment of his career thus far. Amare? WTF are you doing son. You make us look like fools for giving you the money we did(which undoubtly we are). Play like this city and team mean something! Jesus f Christ enough with the excuses. If youre going down, Go down swinging for godsake...

Am I going to watch this game? Yes, definitely!!

Do I have any hope? Not really, after game 1 the sweep seems to be the inevitable.

They have the refs on their side, Shump is in hospital and our offense doesn't work at all in the Playoffs. We have no low post scorer and with all 3 (Melo, Tyson, Amar'e) on the floor at the same time our spacing doesn't work.

Plus that son of a bitch James seems to be on a mission and with the addition of Battier their wing options look fantastic.

With Derrick Rose out and Ray Allen too, the Eastern Conference is already wrapped up imo.

It's only about who will play Miami in the NBA Finals.

I could see the Lakers, Thunder and maybe Spurs give them problems, but until then they won't even get challenged.

shemmue0311

Benchwarmer
I have been a Knicks fan since 1990 and believe me I have had a lot of playoff heartbreak...Lin is out, Shump is out, B.D is hurt, Jeffries is hurt, T.C is sick.. We are going to be playing the Heat and the REFS...All I have is hope..We will need a Miracle to win game two on the road, and I mean a "Lazarus raising from the dead" type miracle. So I will tune in and hope its happens.

p0nder

Starter
LMAO at that pic of lebron with the oscar.

Clearly expectations are lowered for game 2. This season we are now 0-4 against the Heat. The team needs guys to step it up in a big way. A lot is going to rest on our back court. The biggest issue last time was that they did not get the ball near the basket. Melo would be in post up position about 4 feet from the 3pt line and actually catch the ball outside the arc. He is the beast on the block and should get the ball there. Amar'e should be playing high post on the opposite side. These guys are actually able to play together quite well if used correctly.

OK game 1 was terrible. frm the calls to the plays to the injuries it was an awful game for the knicks. but that should be behind them now. they need to look forward and fight hard to win this game. It will be a struggle, but it is not impossible. Melo needs to make this his game. He outplays lebron on most nights they meet and he needs to prove to everyone that he is better then LeBron and this is his real chance to do it.

CA7

Scoring Champ
I pray to God Woodson made the simple adjustment that when the front Melo just flash someone to free throw line and hit Melo back door

The way you beat the Heat is not only ball movement but player movement particularly on the weak side of your best player, this way if we do lob it over the top or hit him back door they cant cheat, Shumpert and JR stood and watch as Melo was crowded instead of going to the open spot, moving their man and freeing up space

I also wanna see Tyson set some screens to get Melo, STAT, JR and Novak open shots because it will result in back door lobs for Tyson

On defense can we run the basic shell defense, with everyone jumping to the ball side, the man on the ball pressuring the rock, keeping everyone in front of you and out the middle, when a shot goes up box out and explode to the rebound, then get the ball to a guard and get great shots

iSaYughh

Starter
Amare is famous for his 5 (at the most) rebound playoff performances.

The lone difference is in the past he could also shred a team for a hyper-efficient 30.

iSaYughh

Starter
Davis
JR
Novak
Melo
Chandler, Amare off bench

With some clever substitutions of Amare-Melo-Novak to get Amare enough minutes, could be interesting lineup.

Only way we are beating MIA is with great 3pt shooting attempts and success, and proper ball movement.

The ironies abound.

Get ready sons..

wbuf55.png

LeFlume

All Star
We need to keep it cool. Slow this game down. We can't afford to play this game in Miamis tempo. WALK WALK WALK half court WALK. :gony:

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
IMO because of all the media (+ players and fans) talk about one sided officiating in G1 we could get some arguable calls in our favor in G2...