[Daily News] Spree spews more venom

rady

Administrator
Staff member
Latrell Sprewell is on the verge of potentially nasty fight with a certain NBA owner, only this battle has nothing to do with James Dolan or the Knicks.
Sprewell's latest antagonist is the Minnesota Timberwolves' front office and their owner Glen Taylor, who has yet to finalize a contract extension that Sprewell believes should have been completed in July. With 12 days until Minnesota's Nov.3 season opener against the Knicks, Sprewell yesterday issued a warning to the team: "If they don't do anything before the season it could lead to potential problems.

"They're not showing the interest that they want to keep me," Sprewell added. "For what I've done and Sam (Cassell) have done for the organization, I think it would be somewhat of a smack in the face if they don't step up and get something done. If not, I would take it as it's time for me to go somewhere else."

Sprewell, 34, is scheduled to make $14.6 million this season and is hoping to receive a three-year contract extension worth $40 million. The Wolves are believed to be offering a deal for approximately $30 million over three years, but Sprewell made it clear yesterday that he's "not trying to take a pay cut.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/knicks/story/244990p-209805c.html

:rolling:

newmove

Rotation player
Get Spree back to Knicks! It would've made me way more than happy! It would make my life complete! Allan Houston? Take him! Mookie? He's all yours? Bruno? There you go! Kurt? Well... Hell, take him too!

If we could get Spree back we would've definitely won the East and went straight to the Finals!

6thman

Benchwarmer
Spree is da best!!
Actually i liked Spree before i've liked NY! We he went away it was very tough to watch the Kincks without him! But a stayed a Knicks'fan !! Now it would be amazing if he came back! But i don't think that will ever happen cause of this stupid Dolan :evil: :evil: :evil:

Fire Dolan, get Spree back!!!!! :) :) :) !

youadmireme2

Benchwarmer
didnt dolan say he'd take spree back if isiah wanted to?
im not sure though

but yea maybe tim thomas for spree, i'd do it... Spree and H20 contracts wont match

WiL8000

Rotation player
He'd never come back to NY. He taunted his former teammates at the Garden. He wasn't only taunting Dolan. I was cool with him having beef with the owner, but c'mon you don't disrespect your old teammates like that. They didn't have a problem with Spree, Dolan did.