Rondo's ejection, suspension worthy?

jzero29

Rotation player
I think so...You can't bump a ref even if he actually makes a terrible call. Then other guys, who think they are on the receiving end of a terrible call, will think they can bump the ref...and then other guys may decide to bump and more...so the NBA has to set the tone. Absolutely no contact with the refs...no matter if your Rondo, Kobe or Lebron...no matter how blind the ref is. No matter how bad a call.
No special cases, no special treatment for stars...Automatic suspension.

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
i think 1 suspension is good enough, more than that is overdoing it. Rondo ain't exactly rough him up or anything didn't put his hands on him. I cant read lips so i don't know what rondo said to him but 1 suspension sounds pretty fair to me. The nba is so soft nowadays that little bump with the chest thing is world war 2 in the minds of the NBA

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Wasn't that bad, but you don't want the NBA players feeling comfortable doing that, also that might lead to players doing more than that. One game suspension is perfect imo.

A couple of years ago when Jason Williams touched a referee's arm and got suspended I don't think it was worthy because he was just trying to get his attention, unless he said something too.

I don't think it's a case of the NBA being soft. I understand why a player would want to knock them out, but the refs have a hard job too and are not involved in the contact aspect of the game.

Rondo's excuse is funny lol. Terrible liar.

HoopsDuo

Rookie
I don't know I mean, the NBA rulebook says it's an automatic suspension for touching a ref and, as much as he wanted to say it was an accident, it clearly wasn't. Not to mention the fact that he sat 2 games earlier in the season for throwing the ball at a ref, you really just can't let a player get away with things like that.