It's taken me over 24 hours to process yesterday

I'm just now able to reflect at all upon the events of Game 1 yesterday. There have been several occasions over the last decade or so that I have been asked why I don't care about the World Cup or any other soccer. I have always said, I just can't tolerate elite athletes writhing around on the ground as if they have been shot with a sniper rifle in order to give their team an advantage by any means necessary. Yet, this is what we were all subjected to by Lebron James yesterday. After that pick by Chandler, not only does he clearly make himself go wobbly legs consciously in order to sell the foul, this guy actually gets up holding his neck as if he is some obese middle-aged woman who has just been in a fender bender and sees a potential payday. I'm surprised he didn't whip out his cell phone and call his lawyer to get legal proceedings underway immediately.

We are now all living through the effects of an NBA whose best player is one of the greatest sports examples of all-time of someone who just mentally cannot handle being a superstar. We are watching Lebron James, arguably the most talented basketball player since Michael Jordan, trying to survive in his own post-championship series choke hell. This is a guy who had the worst mental breakdown any of us have ever seen in last year's championship series and now he has convinced himself that anything is okay if it means winning this year, including histrionics that even Heat fans must be embarrassed by deep down when they see them reviewed after the fact. I'm a huge Giants' fan and even I was embarrassed when replays showed our defensive guys clearly flopping to slow that Rams' drive earlier in the season on Monday night. But geez, at least we didn't have guys pulling that nonsense in the playoffs.

On a day when 2 players suffered injuries that may very well jeopardize their careers (Rose and Shump), the guy who most sold his agony was none other than the NBA's very own special little prince, Lebron James, because that is what he has decided to become in his own twisted world of redemption. Is he still a great player? Of course. But is this the kind of player any of us would want to be cheering for right now? I sure hope not. That's all I got, just needed to get that off my chest. Go Knicks!

I literally still have an angry face from game 1.

angry+face.jpg

orangeblobman

Rotation player
Flopping in soccer is mitigated by two factors:

1. Refs give yellow cards (equivalent of technical fouls) for flopping if they catch it.

2. When you're running at full speed and someone hits your leg or your body it's very easy to fall off balance. Sure, you will have guys that sell it more than others, but even when players are overly dramatic it is often the case that a legitimate foul was committed.

Everyone focuses on the flops that are called in soccer but these flops are magnified. If you watch a good amount of soccer you will see MANY MORE flops that are not called fouls.

miked1958

Rotation player
It's pretty sad that if we finished the season with a worse record by losing the final two games to drop to 8th in the East we would be in a better position tonight. Sure, there is no way of knowing weather Rose would of tore his ACL vs us or if Iman wouldn't of tore his. However this much we do know. We matchup better with the bulls even with Rose. Without him we would of had a great chance to get to round two. Now vs the Miami Floppers without one of our best defensive players the best we can hope for is to get swept but not get blown out in each game. That my friends is a sad outlook for a team that had so much potential and promise going 18-6 with Woodson to close season. We had every reason to think we had a real chance against anyone. Now just a few days after final regular season game we Woodson is looking like he will end his knick career as a coach at 18-10

Paul1355

All Star
every analyst, incuding van gundy was disgusted with the flopping and how the refs gave them the game

But sorry KNick fans...the refs did not ruin this game.

The refs dont cause a 30 point blow out.

We sucked in every form.

We missed every open shot, we stopped playing defense, we stopped rebounding, we started to foul everyone because our defense was terrible, we threw away stupid passes leading to easy turnovers...we were just playing retarded basketball

This is a mentally weak team.

rogeryy

Benchwarmer
Guys! Is it possible that Woodson did this on purpose? Besides Shumper's torn? I mean, he knew Chandler's got a flu, there pretty much goes game 1. So he asked Melo to deliberately miss his shots? He was staging a surprising come back in game 2?

every analyst, incuding van gundy was disgusted with the flopping and how the refs gave them the game

But sorry KNick fans...the refs did not ruin this game.

The refs dont cause a 30 point blow out.

We sucked in every form.

We missed every open shot, we stopped playing defense, we stopped rebounding, we started to foul everyone because our defense was terrible, we threw away stupid passes leading to easy turnovers...we were just playing retarded basketball

This is a mentally weak team.
We definitely did show the signs of a mentally weak team when we stopped playing after the zebras took over the game for that good 7 minute stretch in the 2nd. I just hope we regroup and fight thru the bad officiating from here on

Kiyaman

Legend
I'm just now able to reflect at all upon the events of Game 1 yesterday. There have been several occasions over the last decade or so that I have been asked why I don't care about the World Cup or any other soccer. I have always said, I just can't tolerate elite athletes writhing around on the ground as if they have been shot with a sniper rifle in order to give their team an advantage by any means necessary. Yet, this is what we were all subjected to by Lebron James yesterday. After that pick by Chandler, not only does he clearly make himself go wobbly legs consciously in order to sell the foul, this guy actually gets up holding his neck as if he is some obese middle-aged woman who has just been in a fender bender and sees a potential payday. I'm surprised he didn't whip out his cell phone and call his lawyer to get legal proceedings underway immediately.

We are now all living through the effects of an NBA whose best player is one of the greatest sports examples of all-time of someone who just mentally cannot handle being a superstar. We are watching Lebron James, arguably the most talented basketball player since Michael Jordan, trying to survive in his own post-championship series choke hell. This is a guy who had the worst mental breakdown any of us have ever seen in last year's championship series and now he has convinced himself that anything is okay if it means winning this year, including histrionics that even Heat fans must be embarrassed by deep down when they see them reviewed after the fact. I'm a huge Giants' fan and even I was embarrassed when replays showed our defensive guys clearly flopping to slow that Rams' drive earlier in the season on Monday night. But geez, at least we didn't have guys pulling that nonsense in the playoffs.

On a day when 2 players suffered injuries that may very well jeopardize their careers (Rose and Shump), the guy who most sold his agony was none other than the NBA's very own special little prince, Lebron James, because that is what he has decided to become in his own twisted world of redemption. Is he still a great player? Of course. But is this the kind of player any of us would want to be cheering for right now? I sure hope not. That's all I got, just needed to get that off my chest. Go Knicks!

Just what we need another Lebron James Hater analyzing a Knicks game....
All the HATERS of the consecutive Championship Detroit Bad Boys (Isiah/Lambeer) welcome all the Academy Award Flopping in the NBA postseason....the Boston Celtics were the top Floppers in the NBA playoffs, untill 1999 when the Spurs became the raining champs of FLOPPERS in the millenium.

The Clippers were down by 27 points in the 3rd qtr. in their first game of the playoffs in Memphis, yet the Clippers strategy won the game in the 4th qtr....with their bigmen D.Andre, Blake, K.Mart, and Evans shuttin down the Grizz inside scorin, closin passin lane, and allowin the Grizz one shot attempt on the offensive-end in the 4th qtr..
The Memphis Grizz success has been from playing 100% Team-B.Ball....to beat the Grizz u have to play 100% team-b.ball too.
u wasted 24 hours....
To analyze the Knicks first playoff game....u need to know their oponents success....its not from Lebron's flopping

elleclouds

Rookie
We definitely did show the signs of a mentally weak team when we stopped playing after the zebras took over the game for that good 7 minute stretch in the 2nd. I just hope we regroup and fight thru the bad officiating from here on

I don't think the refs took over the game, but the Knicks started to lose their composure. Tyson did lean into Lebron and caused his head to whip... Now, Lebron might've sold it better than most, but i guarantee his neck is sore as hell today. I hate when people blame the refs for an asswhooping.

Just what we need another Lebron James Hater analyzing a Knicks game....
All the HATERS of the consecutive Championship Detroit Bad Boys (Isiah/Lambeer) welcome all the Academy Award Flopping in the NBA postseason....the Boston Celtics were the top Floppers in the NBA playoffs, untill 1999 when the Spurs became the raining champs of FLOPPERS in the millenium.

The Clippers were down by 27 points in the 3rd qtr. in their first game of the playoffs in Memphis, yet the Clippers strategy won the game in the 4th qtr....with their bigmen D.Andre, Blake, K.Mart, and Evans shuttin down the Grizz inside scorin, closin passin lane, and allowin the Grizz one shot attempt on the offensive-end in the 4th qtr..
The Memphis Grizz success has been from playing 100% Team-B.Ball....to beat the Grizz u have to play 100% team-b.ball too.
u wasted 24 hours....
To analyze the Knicks first playoff game....u need to know their oponents success....its not from Lebron's flopping

You talk like you know something, but trust me, buddy, what you have to say isn't as clear cut and simple as you put it. Find me anything that the Celtics, Pistons, Spurs, Tropics, or any other basketball team real or fictional since the dawn of the 20th century did that even remotely resembles Lebron going crazy legs and doing the holding his neck routine. I'll wait here.

I've been with this team for 30 years. Don't come at me like I don't understand that there's more to winning or losing than one thing.