STAT is a fukkin idiot

pat

Starter
Where has it really put us? A perenial 7th seed?

That is more Dolan's doing -- getting into Donnie's way, shipping half of the team to Denver, leaving us with two star players who cannot coexist and an overall roster which does not cater to ANY coaching style.

Still: This is archetypal stupidity on Amare's part. However, the Knicks will only become a respectable franchise again if a) Dolan accepts that he is the owner and not the GM or b) he sells the team to someone who understands that dumping ludacris amounts of money onto star players does not make a good team. Look at what San Antonio has done this season.

As long as we as fans fall into that trap which is scapegoating coaches and players, blaming Dantoni, Amare, Melo and Woodson, we will never see this team return to respectability.

Last edited:

lookgrabpull

Benchwarmer
I dont want to sound like an a$$hole but this is a blessing in disguise...

More space on the floor, More dedication to rebounding, and more ball movement

Of coarse without shumpert this really F*ks $hit up... so who's going to start???

:agreed:
I honestly think we have a better shot without him on the floor. on the other hand, melo can't play 48 minutes, and we need more scoring. If we win one game then woodson is a genius.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
I furiously concur!

Holy....let's stop with the insane STAT trades.

This guy is a millimeter away from being a Rashard Lewish type player/contract.

Gilbert Arenas territory, easily.

If we were able to trade STAT and simply get cap space by way of some expiring contracts and a weak 1st round pick....it would be a miracle.

You know the guy is ****ed in the head and something really isn't right when he talks like he is a winner and the 2nd coming of Ewing, but puts up sub-5 rebound performances in the playoffs like clockwork.

Or when he tries to act like he's gritty and front tear stains, but he goes to more fashion shoes and dresses more girlie than the guys who go to musical theater school with my gf....smfh.

Even when he wasn't this bad (yet), this cat irked the shit out of me with his whack ass persona and all the fronting and fraudemiring.

Suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuup?

My friend, I could not agree with you even a fraction of a fraction more.

Is there anything more irritating than someone that feigns promises? I'm on the verge of feeling insulted after this mess. He has a knack for saying the precise right thing at the ideal time, but he deserves to be maligned and ridiculed for being no more than a soft, unreliable, point blank FOOL.

Promises unkept break bonds.

I, annoyingly, feel like a fool for digesting his bullshit.

And now this.

Is Amar'e really this unintelligent? Is this a straight out of high school product we're dealing with at an intellectual level? I've queried the notion of him being a dunce before, but the way he's played and the promises he's made and left far from fulfilled: championships, rebirths..........man. Not only unintelligent, but somewhat twisted, if you catch my meaning. What do you call someone that fabricates their own shit and then chooses to believe it without a foundation for doing so? Creationist? STATist? ****ing dick smoocher?

How's fantasy league going? I've been ?ber busy and have strayed from it entirely.

Cuckoo

Benchwarmer
The same fans who gave Melo a pass during D'Anoni should also give a pass on Stat.

1. Stat didnt come here to play defense. And Unfortunately Woodson is a defensive minded coach.

2. Stat is still one of the best PnR PF in th league but Woodson wants him to post up and never utilizes his offensive strength.

Melo should know exactly how Stat feel last night. The happiest moment during game 1 & 2 was when Stat received PnR's from another player. Easy as eating! This is what he does best: PnR But Woodson seldom runs it and its not even his option. All Stat's PnR's seemed developed not by design.

What we have is a coach who doesnt know how to utilize the strength of his star players and inability to make adjustments. This IS our biggest problem in this series. D'Antoni 2.0.

metrocard

Legend
Alright no more A'mare jokes.

Lets give A'mare credit, he's showing heart.

He's been through a lot of drama with his bro, injuries, coach changes. He's overpaid but he just seems like a mess right now.

metrocard

Legend
I lied...

FL3nP.jpg

Tokie420

Benchwarmer
Alright no more A'mare jokes.

Lets give A'mare credit, he's showing heart.

He's been through a lot of drama with his bro, injuries, coach changes. He's overpaid but he just seems like a mess right now.

showing heart? He didnt do this because we lost. He did this because he didnt get the ball. You could see it in his face when he made the last jumper, he kind of shook his head in anger like "this is why I should be getting the ball". Yea he probably should be shooting more, but this was a ridiculously selfish act. Were better off without him.

metrocard

Legend
showing heart? He didnt do this because we lost. He did this because he didnt get the ball. You could see it in his face when he made the last jumper, he kind of shook his head in anger like "this is why I should be getting the ball". Yea he probably should be shooting more, but this was a ridiculously selfish act. Were better off without him.

Atleast he's showing emotion for once, and Amare demanding the ball just shows how desperately we need a PG on this team.

Steve Nash anyone?

lookgrabpull

Benchwarmer
The same fans who gave Melo a pass during D'Anoni should also give a pass on Stat.

1. Stat didnt come here to play defense. And Unfortunately Woodson is a defensive minded coach.

2. Stat is still one of the best PnR PF in th league but Woodson wants him to post up and never utilizes his offensive strength.

Melo should know exactly how Stat feel last night. The happiest moment during game 1 & 2 was when Stat received PnR's from another player. Easy as eating! This is what he does best: PnR But Woodson seldom runs it and its not even his option. All Stat's PnR's seemed developed not by design.

What we have is a coach who doesnt know how to utilize the strength of his star players and inability to make adjustments. This IS our biggest problem in this series. D'Antoni 2.0.

of all those who share the responsibility of playing like we've been playing lately, I'd cut Woodson the most slack. His record and mentality during the time as head coach is great. The team plays miles away from how it used to under DAntoni. I agree it's not perfect, but unless we can get a top caliber coach I'd keep woodson and give him a little more time to work. I believe that if it weren't for him, our season would have been over a long time ago.

I do agree with you that Stat can be used better offensively, but defensively whenever he's on the floor there's a gaping hole in the defense and good teams (like the Heat) exploit it whenever they can.

metrocard

Legend
Holy....let's stop with the insane STAT trades.

This guy is a millimeter away from being a Rashard Lewish type player/contract.

Gilbert Arenas territory, easily.

If we were able to trade STAT and simply get cap space by way of some expiring contracts and a weak 1st round pick....it would be a miracle.

You know the guy is ****ed in the head and something really isn't right when he talks like he is a winner and the 2nd coming of Ewing, but puts up sub-5 rebound performances in the playoffs like clockwork.

Or when he tries to act like he's gritty and front tear stains, but he goes to more fashion shoes and dresses more girlie than the guys who go to musical theater school with my gf....smfh.

Even when he wasn't this bad (yet), this cat irked the shit out of me with his whack ass persona and all the fronting and fraudemiring.

tumblr_m2k54qpWY51qa7yzy.gif

Wargames

Starter
Guys the knicks can arguably trade Amare either to the rockets for Scola, our pick back, and a role-player. Or they can see what they can get from Philly that wants amare since he would fit in with they're system that is based on transition basketball. Philly kept brand at 17 million a year and he is worse than Amare. Right now they would probably offer brand and a pick or some combination of matching salaries of they're role-players if the Knicks wanted to trade.

The real question is will the knicks ownership realize Amare messing his hand up after only being down 0-2 is unacceptable and that they need to build around Melo and to a lesser degree Lin. Glunwald is a pretty smart dude from what I've seen if they made a trade I don't see the Knicks being raped. They're not a desperate team anymore.

A bad playoffs against the heat doesn't diminish in the eyes of most GM's the fact that Amare is still a good to great offensive player who can be used as a ticket draw to bring in fans.

shemmue0311

Benchwarmer
This is the best news we have had all week...In the famous words of rick petino "the phoenix suns STAT is not walking thru that door"...we are better without him i am sick of seeing him abused by of all people soft ass bosh and haslem, He can't score which would be fine if he played some resemblance of defense he gives up the damn offensive rebound constantly,..When he got hurt @ the end of the season we played better and MELO was beasting. If he played with half the intensity it took him to punch the fire extinguisher we would not be down 2-0...On another note does anyone know the language in his contract, maybe this can get us out of it if he can't play due to some kind of extensive nerve damage, i know there are clauses for things like getting hurt while riding a motorcycle ect., if there is we can dump him this would be a godsend ....

You guys are a bunch of losers, making fun of your own player!

Shame on you all!

It's not funny when one of our players gets hurt.

As if it's all Amar'es fault now...shaking my ****ing head.

I don't like Amar'e one bit as a baller, but it's hardly his fault the Heat prison-raped us twice in a row.

I explained it 10,000 times to you, but you either didn't read that shit or didn't understand it.

He's a D'Antoni player in the Woodson system next to Chandler, a guy that kills his game.

First mistake was to trade for Melo, second mistake was to sign Chandler.

Amar'e, Melo, Chandler - all good players on their own, but a horrible combination. Probably the worst combination of star players in NBA history.

Paul/STAT/Melo could have worked.

D. Williams/Melo/Chandler could have worked.

Paul/Melo/D. Howard could have worked.

D. Williams/Gallo/STAT could have worked.

And a few more combinations, but Melo/STAT/Chandler is like ****ing yourself.

Our shit ass bench doesn't help either. We have one, I repeat ONE good bench player in J.R. Smith. That's a complete joke. San Antonio have more depth at 13th, 14th, 15th than we have at 8th or 9th.

If we start next season with the same core of players I probably won't watch the season. I have absolutely no business in watching the annual first round demolition and even worse - the annual roster **** ups during the offseason.

New York Knicks - the worst managed team in sports ever since Ernie Grunfeld and Jeff van Gundy left.

**** you Dolan, you ain't got 5% of John Mara and Steve Tisch you fat and spoiled mother****er!

orangeblobman

Rotation player
Yea, his contract sucks.

But we already have two years down with just three to go.

He becomes much more attractive after next season with just 2 years remaining, and you know what? With three years left, it's not the craziest gamble for a team like Minny or the Bobcats. Three years isn't the craziest commitment.

If we really wanted to, I'm sure we could move him this off-season or next season before the deadline.

Plus he has an early termination option in his last year. So maybe if the Nets get him, the Russian could strong-arm him into signing that shit.