Why is Amar'e injuring himself the reason he's gotten this explosion of hate?

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
After all the things to want to trade him for, this is it? I could understand it from people who were already unhappy with him, not the others.

He dribbled countless times like he's Derrick Rose and turned the ball over, played bad defense, left Nash hanging in Phoenix and claimed Phoenix didn't appreciate his leadership even though 80 million is not chump change for a guy they're worried about injuries and got out-rebounded by Nash in the Playoffs, designed a Heat t-shirt, looked like he wasn't giving the effort on the court, and whatever else he's done.

Maybe he was mad himself last night and was fired up and is determined, or was, to set things right the next game, I don't know.

I can't find it in me, though it was stupid, to have so much dislike for him because of THIS. I was sooooo frustrated and negative about him early in the season, mainly because of his lack of effort.

So why did this set you off?

quiggle

Starter
its human nature that peeps get jealous of others who are richer and more famous then they are and once something goes wrong, this being banging on glass, it allows floodgates to open for absurd criticisms. its the same when you have a flawless celebrity who gets caught in a scandal like Tiger Woods, many peeps waiting to see them fall the here it is for Renaissance Man. playa hatin' if you will.

quiggle

Starter
also those who were blinded a lot of peeps here were afraid to blame Renaissance Man upfront and instead shifted and disguised there frustation towards Dantoni. he aint here no more and since today other peeps became more open blaming Statosphere the other ones arent afraid to voice there displeasure also without reprecussions.

iSaYughh

Starter
its human nature that peeps get jealous of others who are richer and more famous then they are and once something goes wrong, this being banging on glass, it allows floodgates to open for absurd criticisms. its the same when you have a flawless celebrity who gets caught in a scandal like Tiger Woods, many peeps waiting to see them fall the here it is for Renaissance Man. playa hatin' if you will.

I never wanted to even sign Stoudemire, yo.

Also, Melo, another player I'm not the biggest fan of...if he had smashed his hand like this, I wouldn't have given a **** -- actually, I may have given him some credit for showing fire in such a spot.

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
Because he doesnt get paid 100 million dollars to make HIMSELF unavailable for the playoffs

KingCharles34

All Star
Its because the media is finally turning against him, it really proves my point about the media's influence over fans. Melo was getting far more hate then Stat for a while and i understand we got rid of some talented role players to get him but at the end of the day it was really Dolans fault, not Walsh's or Melo's. Dolan pushed for that deal to go through, Walsh didnt wanna make it. Dont forget we also got Billups in that deal who sorta turned into Chandler. And Billups was and probably still us a very good player, he was averaging about 18.5 before he was traded to us. He was playing real good for the Clips before he got hurt, the deal wasnt as bad as some say it was. Gallo and (Wilson) Chandler leaving hurt but everybody else was replaceable including Felton, and thats no disrespect to Raymond. Im still a fan...but Lin >>

Both Melo and Stat make about the same money, its clear that the media has an influence over some of the posters on this site. Stat got a pass from most fans throughout the year, Melo and Dantoni were the scapegoats. (Mike O really was a problem). It does show how dumb some fans are, and Im still a Stat fan as a person and basketball player. But for 100 milli...i mean hes worth about half that, maybe not even at this point. I can honestly say at least Melo's worth more then half of what hes paid

CA7

Scoring Champ
I dont think he did it on purpose. It was definitely stupid but there are plenty of reasons not to like him that don't involve him being frustrated with his performance.

this was stupid though why get so angry you put yourself in harms way, now we lose another player

I would have felt the same whether it was Chandler or Anthony but they understand the series isn't over yet, there's still hope, STAT pisse he only got 9 shots, go get some offensive rebounds and you'll have 15 shots move without the ball do something to get yourself involved, play some D

He showed he cared thats bullshit, if he cared he would have played hard, he's all bark no bite

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
It's not just the punch, but that was the final straw.

I dont think he did it on purpose. It was definitely stupid but there are plenty of reasons not to like him that don't involve him being frustrated with his performance.

As in us being equally frustrated with his entire season and 2 playoff appearances that don't even merit half of his salary.

The punch of the fire extinguisher just exacerbated the frustration on the fans' behalf.

We go home for our first playoff game of the season yet ANOTHER starter down - 3 of 5.

That's quite the resum? of fail for 1 season.

Answer me these questions 3:

Does he not deserve reaping what he's sewn?

Has he met the expectations he's set for himself in press conferences and interviews?

Has he walked the walk @ $20M/year?

It's up to individuals to judge him harshly or otherwise, some might even pity him, but what has he done for this franchise this season other than talk hard and play soft for the vast majority of it, and then end it with a fool's shenanigans?

I am open to positivity.

VeryGundy

Benchwarmer
Why am I giving up on Stat?

How about a 20-million-dollar franchise player who doesn't play like one.

That's 20 million dollars Knicks could be using to sign players who will give the Knicks a fighting chance.

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
Him doing it though showed he cared. Him giving almost to no defensive effort early in the season was much worse.
I respect you alot RJ and your a great mod and everything...

but that is one weak ass excuse for taking yourself out of the playoffs

orangeblobman

Rotation player
Because he took himself out of the playoffs with his team down 2-0 by punching a fire extinguisher!!

By punching a fire extinguisher!!!

This is up there, it's up there. It's up there with the craziest shit in sports history.

His career will first be remembered for punching a fire extinguisher, everything else second. That's how crazy this was.

Paul1355

All Star
After all the things to want to trade him for, this is it? I could understand it from people who were already unhappy with him, not the others.

He dribbled countless times like he's Derrick Rose and turned the ball over, played bad defense, left Nash hanging in Phoenix and claimed Phoenix didn't appreciate his leadership even though 80 million is not chump change for a guy they're worried about injuries and got out-rebounded by Nash in the Playoffs, designed a Heat t-shirt, looked like he wasn't giving the effort on the court, and whatever else he's done.

Maybe he was mad himself last night and was fired up and is determined, or was, to set things right the next game, I don't know.

I can't find it in me, though it was stupid, to have so much dislike for him because of THIS. I was sooooo frustrated and negative about him early in the season, mainly because of his lack of effort.

So why did this set you off?
First off, I have been waiting for Amare to "fit" in this offense for long enough. The guy is a poor defender and rebounder so when his offense suffers he is the most useless 20 min dollar player in the NBA.

Melo is better than Amare and is our pure offensive leader, not Stat. Chandler is our pure defensive leader, not Stat. Stat is 3rd fiddle right now and if he can't fit on the offense with Melo, then his value to this team is 0.

His injuries are annoying too much. His injuries come during the playoffs when he has to earn his pay, yet two self inflicting injuries will cost us two playoff series'

Continuing on the self inflicting injuries, Amare is an idiot and the amount of technical fouls he gets, plus the fact that he hasnt learned to play defense or rebound is frustrating.

However, Amare is now a scapegoat to the losing. He is a scapegoat to the peices not fitting because we know Melo and CHandler can win in a starting lineup, but when Amare comes in both players have to bow down to his star power which is now a value of 0, as I said.

We also have a good record without him on a team that was barely over .500

The main reason is that he doesn't fit and being out this series is icing on the cake for me. He missed last series and will miss this one because of stupidity, the fans deserve more than this.

EPIC FAIL

Cuckoo

Benchwarmer
Because...

1. He talked the walk.

2. His name is on Heat T-shirts.

3. He couldn't distinguish the different between a fire-extinguisher and LeBron.

4. He couldn't distinguish the difference between opposition players and bulls as he practices for his matador apprenticeship.

5. New Yorkers hate cornrows.