Why is Amar'e injuring himself the reason he's gotten this explosion of hate?

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Amar'e Stoudemire getting paid $400,000 dollars(game 3 and 4 salary) for punching a glass case for a fire extinguisher is what has people upset.

People are paying $50-$100 dollars to watch the Knicks play. It's not fair to the fans that they're spending all that money on playoff tickets to watch Stoudemire sit on the bench.

I was never for the Stoudemire signing, because he only came to New York for $100,000,000, and Zach Randolph can rebound and hustle(two things SHAT can do but chooses not to).

If I was a GM, I'd try and move him for Elton Brand or Drew Gooden. If noone wanted him, I'd send him to the D League and waive him in 2013.

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
Poor decision making here that forces him to take the heat for the loses, even though the Knicks were on track to get swept anyway. Still, can't make any excuses. This was not as big a deal as everyone is making it out to be, but it was a bad course of action.

As far as a trade goes, the pieces are not fitting together. As good as Melo is he can not and should not take the vast majority of the shots. The best thing Amare should do is be consistent and put up that 18 points 9 or 10 boards and a block a a game. I honestly hope he does not get traded, but they've got one more year to make this work, then its time to blow it up.

I don't have a problem with him punching glass out of frustration and unintentionally injuring himself in the process.

It wouldn't have made a difference anyway, we'll get swept, Amar'e or no Amar'e.

He can be a weapon with the right point guard (Nash, Kidd, Paul, maybe Williams) in the right system (D'Antoni, Karl, Nelson).

Apart from that he's not that good anyway, no post game, underwhelming rebounder, very bad defender, low basketball IQ and basically no intengibles.

It was really Nash and D'Antoni's run-and-gun offense that paved his way into stardom.

He's athletic, knows how to move on the pick and roll and has an ok jump shot. That's it.

It was obviously not his fault that the Knicks in all their stupidity offered him an uninsured $100 million - 5 year contract.

Amar'es game got killed the day we traded for melo and the signing of Chandler was the final stab into his heart if you will.

There is no spacing and there are no shots for Amar'e.

I somewhat feel sorry for him on the court. I think at times he's really shown the will to get back to beeing productive this season, but with Melo and Chandler next to him and no half-decent point guard it's impossible.

The irony is, our roster before the Melo trade and before we signed Chandler wouldn't have done any worse than this flawed roster we're stuck with now.

Atleast we had a decent PG in Felton and some decent yung players like Wilson, Gallo, Mozgov and Randolph.

Oh and btw: Jordam Hill is looking fantastic for the Lakers right now, another great move by the Knicks, trading him AND a first round pick for a completely past-it McGrady......

this franchise has become a joke ever since Ernie Grunfeld and Jeff Van Gundy had to go.

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
No hate this way im thrilled about this!! Guarantee you we win Thursday... just saying

even though i'm not much of a fan of Amare

Amare punching his hand through some glass might show he cares, but i mean sometimes you just have t be smarter MOST PEOPLE would punch a WALL but to punch some glass is plain idiotic.

This is a low blow to not only the Amare fans who had faith in him, but to all KNICK fans who paid big money to see Amare. This is the second time he is out during the playoffs this is not a good look on his end and its just not fair to the fans.

If we are able to pull out 2 wins in MSG and make this series even without Amare, there has to be some serious consideration about moving Amare or making him come off the bench.

its human nature that peeps get jealous of others who are richer and more famous then they are and once something goes wrong, this being banging on glass, it allows floodgates to open for absurd criticisms. its the same when you have a flawless celebrity who gets caught in a scandal like Tiger Woods, many peeps waiting to see them fall the here it is for Renaissance Man. playa hatin' if you will.

This is probably the most correct assessment of the situation. However, I never thought he was worth the price tag because he just can not command a game on his own. He needs someone else to set him up. 100 mil is for players like Jordan, Kobe, Lebron, Durant...and maybe even Melo.

The only thing I really have a problem with (as far as he's concerned) is the glass-hole move he did to take himself out of the playoffs. The other injuries and the other off court issues is understandable. I can't blame him for signing that pricey contract. I knew he was going to catch flack sooner or later because he is simply not worth that much cash. But to hate on him because it was offered to him is rediculous. That hate needs to be directed to upper management.

jimkcchief88

All Star
I dont think he did it on purpose. It was definitely stupid but there are plenty of reasons not to like him that don't involve him being frustrated with his performance.

Just because he didn't do it purpose doesn't make it any better. Glass will cut u when put your hand through it. Hello Mcfly..... STAT needs to grow the hell up. Everybody gets frustrated on the job but that doesn't mean you get to throw a fit and break s**t. And he hurt the team and franchise that is over paying him by taking himself out of the rest of the series. Willis Reed and Pat must be shaking thier head right now. These proud warriors limped out onto the floor of MSG on broken legs and bad knees to lead our KNICKS, while this idiot HURTS HIMSELF because MELO is taking more shots. What a stiff. How about instead of crying and punching stuff, play some d and board and CREATE more shots for YOURSELF???? HOW ABOUT GOING HOME AND PRACTICING YOUR FREETHROWS SO YOU DON'T MISS THREE IN A ROW???? That's what a PROFESSIONAL would do. I don't know what STAT is. Yes I do. Standing Tall and TURRIBLE(sounding like barkley):(:(:(

KBlack25

Starter
Just because he didn't do it purpose doesn't make it any better. Glass will cut u when put your hand through it. Hello Mcfly..... STAT needs to grow the hell up. Everybody gets frustrated on the job but that doesn't mean you get to throw a fit and break s**t. And he hurt the team and franchise that is over paying him by taking himself out of the rest of the series. Willis Reed and Pat must be shaking thier head right now. These proud warriors limped out onto the floor of MSG on broken legs and bad knees to lead our KNICKS, while this idiot HURTS HIMSELF because MELO is taking more shots. What a stiff. How about instead of crying and punching stuff, play some d and board and CREATE more shots for YOURSELF???? HOW ABOUT GOING HOME AND PRACTICING YOUR FREETHROWS SO YOU DON'T MISS THREE IN A ROW???? That's what a PROFESSIONAL would do. I don't know what STAT is. Yes I do. Standing Tall and TURRIBLE(sounding like barkley):(:(:(

Jeez chief what happened to you? All I see from you is yelling and screaming like a lunatic. Take a chill pill.

I agree with what you are saying, as I said there are plenty of reasons to hate him. And putting his hand through the glass was a stupid move (read my post again. And I mean READ IT RIF :) )

But I think this reason to hate him is much weaker than the compendium of other more legit reasons to.

jimkcchief88

All Star
Jeez chief what happened to you? All I see from you is yelling and screaming like a lunatic. Take a chill pill.

I agree with what you are saying, as I said there are plenty of reasons to hate him. And putting his hand through the glass was a stupid move (read my post again. And I mean READ IT RIF :) )

But I think this reason to hate him is much weaker than the compendium of other more legit reasons to.

Because its the playoffs, game face on. Not easy being a KNICKS fan(short for fanatic) in Chicago. I am sick to death of this playoff win drought. You get hype, then this idiot STAT does this. Its ridiculous. I tried to embrace him as a Knick. I even defended him during your absence when the board realized this fool came in over-weight and outta shape this season. I didn't say anything as he sat out the last month of the season because I figured he'd be ready to go for the playoffs. But this thing is too much. If he was some 19 year college kid, it would be one thing. But again, another head-case has turned this franchise into the laughingstock of the league. Its pathetic and hopefully we can move this fool over the summer. This is MELO'S team now.

Its because the media is finally turning against him, it really proves my point about the media's influence over fans. Melo was getting far more hate then Stat for a while and i understand we got rid of some talented role players to get him but at the end of the day it was really Dolans fault, not Walsh's or Melo's. Dolan pushed for that deal to go through, Walsh didnt wanna make it. Dont forget we also got Billups in that deal who sorta turned into Chandler. And Billups was and probably still us a very good player, he was averaging about 18.5 before he was traded to us. He was playing real good for the Clips before he got hurt, the deal wasnt as bad as some say it was. Gallo and (Wilson) Chandler leaving hurt but everybody else was replaceable including Felton, and thats no disrespect to Raymond. Im still a fan...but Lin >>

Both Melo and Stat make about the same money, its clear that the media has an influence over some of the posters on this site. Stat got a pass from most fans throughout the year, Melo and Dantoni were the scapegoats. (Mike O really was a problem). It does show how dumb some fans are, and Im still a Stat fan as a person and basketball player. But for 100 milli...i mean hes worth about half that, maybe not even at this point. I can honestly say at least Melo's worth more then half of what hes paid

There is NOTHING nice to say about your "Star" player injuring himself on a stunt like that.

Why would the media say anything good about the situation?

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Check out the Chinese take on the situation!

They sweet and sour can't stand Melo! Of course, it's all his fault Linsanity ended. This is seriously some Funny Stuff! :lol:

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Crazy⑧s;232866 said:
Check out the Chinese take on the situation!

They sweet and sour can't stand Melo! Of course, it's all his fault Linsanity ended. This is seriously some Funny Stuff! :lol:
LOL Amazing.

quiggle

Starter
i dont know anything about hand injuries but did some of you see when they showed Renaissance Man on the bench last night the way he was gripping and flexing his fingers on his left hand like theres no injury. unless there is some video or photo of his injury it was either minor as less reported or didnt happen at all. I wouldnt be suprised if he somehow persuaded upper management to stage this to prevent another injury and used Iman's as his argument if you let me continue playing in the series and I get injured like Iman you will be sorry long haul with money invested in me.

he could be faking this to make like a Willis Reed return in Game 4.

KBlack25

Starter
i dont know anything about hand injuries but did some of you see when they showed Renaissance Man on the bench last night the way he was gripping and flexing his fingers on his left hand like theres no injury. unless there is some video or photo of his injury it was either minor as less reported or didnt happen at all. I wouldnt be suprised if he somehow persuaded upper management to stage this to prevent another injury and used Iman's as his argument if you let me continue playing in the series and I get injured like Iman you will be sorry long haul with money invested in me.

he could be faking this to make like a Willis Reed return in Game 4.

This is probably true /sarcasm

quiggle

Starter
I mean yes it was a different injury but when Ewing broke his wrist in 1998 and was in a cast he barely moved his hand and arm, last night they showed Renaissance Man on the bench flexing his fingers and folding his hands they didnt raise some eyebrows?

also im very angry that the media has given him a free pass with this now we dont hear anything much more about this like the way some other New York athletes have been crucified like Santony Holmes and Carl Pavano. the Mets.

I believe the injury cut a muscle connected to his thumb, if I'm correct... you still can have some movement in the rest of the hand.

Years ago i was shot just below my left elbow. the two bones connected to the elbow was shattered. It was like I had two elbows...as I was able to bend the arm in a way that looked like I had two joints. I had A cast on for a little more than 2 weeks but I was still able to move my forearm muscles and hand the whole time.

My lesson from this experience...never play basketball at 2 in the morning while there's a dice game going on at the other end of the court.

Paul1355

All Star
I don't have a problem with him punching glass out of frustration and unintentionally injuring himself in the process.

It wouldn't have made a difference anyway, we'll get swept, Amar'e or no Amar'e.

He can be a weapon with the right point guard (Nash, Kidd, Paul, maybe Williams) in the right system (D'Antoni, Karl, Nelson).

Apart from that he's not that good anyway, no post game, underwhelming rebounder, very bad defender, low basketball IQ and basically no intengibles.

It was really Nash and D'Antoni's run-and-gun offense that paved his way into stardom.

He's athletic, knows how to move on the pick and roll and has an ok jump shot. That's it.

It was obviously not his fault that the Knicks in all their stupidity offered him an uninsured $100 million - 5 year contract.

Amar'es game got killed the day we traded for melo and the signing of Chandler was the final stab into his heart if you will.

There is no spacing and there are no shots for Amar'e.

I somewhat feel sorry for him on the court. I think at times he's really shown the will to get back to beeing productive this season, but with Melo and Chandler next to him and no half-decent point guard it's impossible.

The irony is, our roster before the Melo trade and before we signed Chandler wouldn't have done any worse than this flawed roster we're stuck with now.

Atleast we had a decent PG in Felton and some decent yung players like Wilson, Gallo, Mozgov and Randolph.

Oh and btw: Jordam Hill is looking fantastic for the Lakers right now, another great move by the Knicks, trading him AND a first round pick for a completely past-it McGrady......

this franchise has become a joke ever since Ernie Grunfeld and Jeff Van Gundy had to go.

Bro honestly this team is better than the team before the Melo trade there's no question about the difference is that what the players we have there is one piece that doesn't fit entirely and that's Amar Mare doesn't fit with these new stars that we have mellow and Tyson can win in the starting lineup but I'm Anare clogs the paint on offense and he can't play defense and he can't rebound so Mare is the odd man out and he should be treated as soon as possible

Paul1355

All Star
I mean yes it was a different injury but when Ewing broke his wrist in 1998 and was in a cast he barely moved his hand and arm, last night they showed Renaissance Man on the bench flexing his fingers and folding his hands they didnt raise some eyebrows?

also im very angry that the media has given him a free pass with this now we dont hear anything much more about this like the way some other New York athletes have been crucified like Santony Holmes and Carl Pavano. the Mets.

Once the knicks get swept the rumors will start flying about amare because fans will remember him for getting hurt by self inflicting injuries in both game 2s and being a waste of money

quiggle

Starter
what an attention boar, what is this suppose to do is it a badge warrior honor symbol, looking for sympathy, what happened to posting pics latest dishes?

x2_c4df150