ROAD KILL

kriss childs

Benchwarmer
I know it's only preseason but I have a feeling this is how it will go during this season;win2 lose2 win3 lose2 win1 lose1.NY can't afford a BIG losing streak,need to be able to put at least a 7 or 8 game winning streak together as well.I'm not worried but the Knicks learned that on paper they LOOK GOOD but you gotta leave it all on the court every night to win in this league to BE GOOD.

youadmireme2

Benchwarmer
I dont know, its still hard for me to agree with you given I havent been able to get a good assessment of this team yet. Allan Houston has been out, Stephon, Tim Thomas, Kurt Thomas, Crawford have all been given limited minutes or DNP's, Crawford continues to do well at home in limited minutes avg more than 20pts a game i believe but that too is not always against the opponents top defenders.

We'll see when

K. Thomas(Maybe)
Sweetney(maybe)
Tim Thomas
Crawwford
Marbury

all avg more than 30 minutes a game as starters in the regular season.

and I think this team will get better with time down the line.

dasilva1079

Benchwarmer
Basically comes down to how Crawford's shooting percentage is in any given game. If he scores 20 pts we win, if he scores 4 we lose, plain and simple. Now this is before Alan Houston comes back, cause if Alan is on the Squad and Crawford is shooting crappy, Lenny can just sit his ass down and put Houston in to drill some shots. I was at the Knicks vs Dallas game on the 24th and Crawford was amazing, but if he had a bad shooting night I think we would have lost. There is no one there to put up the numbers if Crawford doesn't, at least for now.....

e_D

Benchwarmer
dasilva1079 said:
There is no one there to put up the numbers if Crawford doesn't, at least for now.....

Only because Lenny has been giving Steph alot of rest. With his normal minutes (high 30's, low 40's)
Steph is beyond capable of dropping 30. While the team may want to take the scoring load off his shoulders,
Steph is still a threat to defenses across the league.

Trin_Starr

Starter
Last season, Steph showed us that he was capable of carrying the team all by himself.
The addition of Crawford if anything is a bonus to our offense. Without him, the knicks fared pretty well last season. But DaSilva is right about when allan comes back. Whoever is having the better game will play more minutes, so it is guaranteed that our SG position will always generate 20+pts a night

I am ot sure how much stock we can take in this preseason west coast trip but a west coast road tirp is difficult for most Eastern Conference teams. The Knicks should be very good at home but not soo good on the road but if they can play some defense they should be able to take the Atlantic division.

kriss childs

Benchwarmer
Overall it was a good preseason,but the one thing that sticks out in my mind is the 3 BIG L's on the road.It was just bad.But I like how they came back and made the right adjustments.Ariza and Sweetney have REALLY shown me something so far.

teslawlo

Benchwarmer
The losses weren't to bad teams though and we gotta just take the good with the bad. It was a growing experience imo and it was a good preseason. We're going into the season on a winning streak so that's good.

kriss childs

Benchwarmer
Yeah man,going into the season with a winning streak is a "we feel good about ourseves" type of deal.First 10 games are gonna be pretty tough on the road so it's hard to judge what their record will be - maybe 5-5 4-6 like Zeke said lucky to be at 500.If NY has 5 or more wins out of the gate with this schedule then imo they should put up alot of wins this season.