Votes: 10 25.6%
  • No (Phil jackson)

Votes: 22 56.4%
  • No (some other coach)

Votes: 7 17.9%

• Total voters

CA7

Scoring Champ
I'm more concerned about who we add to this team, we need more athleticism to keep up with the Heat and teams like the Thunder, Clippers, Bulls

Anthony
Chandler
Lin
Stoudemire
Shumpert

who do we add to those 5

Smith- hopefully

We need another athletic PG hopefully like how Miami added Cole we can grab a young PG

an athletic 4/5 man to defend and grab rebounds, high energy type of player maybe can hit some jumpers too

skisloper

Starter
does he stay or does he go

Goes ...he did not win anything in Atlanta and seems to be out coached playoff time....I like what he did with this team under the circumstances...

Having Novak in tonight and not designing a play to get him open was like playing 5 against 4....

Grunwalds bill walker release was a bust

CA7

Scoring Champ
Goes ...he did not win anything in Atlanta and seems to be out coached playoff time....I like what he did with this team under the circumstances...

Having Novak in tonight and not designing a play to get him open was like playing 5 against 4....

I mean any coach with James and Wade can look like a great coach, just sayin

I say yes. Look guys.. If yall thought we were gonna seriously challenge the Heat with all our injuries you were kidding yourself. He finished the season strong and I'd like some stability within our organization for once. Keep Woodson unless Phil comes begging to us..

A coach with a superstar, a star, the defensive player of the year, and the best three point shooter in the league should look pretty good, except he looks like crap. No adjustments in game at all. Simple minded plays throughout the entire game.

Lebron: "We were just in tune with everything they were doing."

Pretty hard not to be in tune when we keep doing the same thing throughout the entire game.

Rioferd

Benchwarmer
I think we will make a move for someone like John Calipari or even Stan Van Gundy next year.

We need a big name as the coach and although Woodson has done a really good job considering, he isn't the type of coach to take us to the Finals.

Wargames

Starter
I think we will make a move for someone like John Calipari or even Stan Van Gundy next year.

We need a big name as the coach and although Woodson has done a really good job considering, he isn't the type of coach to take us to the Finals.

Stan Van Gundy is D'antoni lite in his system though..

WVKnickfan

Rotation player

You are dead on he has to go besides his offense does not work if you want to win championships.His method is give the ball to melo and everybody else get out of the way.He done the same thing at atlanta with joe johnson giving him every shot and he won nothing there.We need a coach that knows how to run a offense and run plays for players not just for a player like Woodson does.

John Calipari??? **** NO... He failed in the NBA his first go round and he will again if he does come back. He's a college coach.

CA7

Scoring Champ

thats the problem with Dolan all he cares about is name value

if I were to go look for a head coach here's where I got

Chicago top assistant Ron Adams breaks down film like no one in the game, hiim and D.Rose are so close and he is the reason Rose makes great adjustments when he plays, Adams is strong minded and strong willed, has a philosophy and sticks to it

San Antonio- Mike Budenholzer, he will most likely take over for Pop but if we can get him I'd take him

The problem the Knicks have is we've yet to build an identity and establish a core group and build around them, until we do that we will not be championship threats

If Phil comes then yeah why not but I dont Phil for 2 years, I'd rather get Adams or Budenholer who will be here for 8-10 years and give us an identity as a team

Woodson deserves a healthy roster and training camp though, he's earned that much

Wargames

Starter
Let Woodson rock the knicks did a lot of good thing while he was the Head Coach. Also I hate to bring this up but he is so well connected to the Knicks organization playing ball with both the official GM (Grunwald) and the Unofficial GM (Isiah Thomas) So I doubt that he will be leaving even if the Knicks are sadly swept.

Also D'antoni wasn't asked to leave until how many losses after he got swept in the first round and even then if you believe the story the catalyst was him asking for Melo to be moved for D. Will (IE a Passive/Agressive way of questioning the Melo trade)

Rioferd

Benchwarmer
John Calipari??? **** NO... He failed in the NBA his first go round and he will again if he does come back. He's a college coach.

He did fail once but that was with the nets so can you blame him. He also has alot of connections and especially the one with world wide wes. That could be very helpful when it comes to acquiring star players in the future.

CA7

Scoring Champ
He did fail once but that was with the nets so can you blame him. He also has alot of connections and especially the one with world wide wes. That could be very helpful when it comes to acquiring star players in the future.

yeah as a GM I would love to have those connections but I want the next Greg Pop, a great X and O guy

I think we should keep him UNLESS Phil Jackson or even Jerry Sloan is interested. Besides those two, I can't think of anyone who I would truly want on board, although I could be forgetting someone.

If we somehow get Calipari I would FREAK the F out. I may be in the minority here but I think he is overrated as a coach. Yes I know he just won a national championship but I think he is an unbelievable recruiter and a okay coach at best.

Even recruiting, I wonder how good he would be if the NCAA ever took away his ability to tell kids he knows they want to get in and out to the NBA as quick as possible and doesn't care.

He started Steve Novak last night!? I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw that starting lineup.

I mean are you for real Woodson???

Steve 'I can't play defense' Novak against the Miami Heat???

It's not like he's scored in this series either. He did **** all and is ****ing useless when he doesn't get open threes.

Jeffries should have started, no brainer. He could have guarded Bosh one-on-one so Chandler could have guarded the paint against penetration and played help defense.

He started Steve Novak...this is a joke man.

Do we actually have ANYTHING good in this organzation?

Shumpert, Chandler, maybe Lin (if he can cut those damn turnovers down).

But that's it as far as I'm concerned.

Woodsn hasn't convinced me, his offense isn't better than D'Antoni's and the defense only improved because STAT was out for a long time and Melo pulled his head out of his ass for the final 20-15 regular season games.

Woodson is decent, but we're not better on offense than we were under D'ANtoni, which is sad to see, because we ****ing sucked under D'Antoni.

Mind you. we're the Knicks so our job is to suck :teeth:

I couldn't care less about the coach as long as the core of this roster stays the same. No coach will ever win with this roster, not even Red '****ing' Auerbach!

skisloper

Starter
Let Woodson rock the knicks did a lot of good thing while he was the Head Coach. Also I hate to bring this up but he is so well connected to the Knicks organization playing ball with both the official GM (Grunwald) and the Unofficial GM (Isiah Thomas) So I doubt that he will be leaving even if the Knicks are sadly swept.

Also D'antoni wasn't asked to leave until how many losses after he got swept in the first round and even then if you believe the story the catalyst was him asking for Melo to be moved for D. Will (IE a Passive/Agressive way of questioning the Melo trade)

He connected with the players because the players had no choice....Melo got his wish ( our wish ) and dantonio was sent packing.......
Woodson has never won anything but makes his teams good....Atlanta never got past the 2nd round....he had that same team for a while and could not get them over the hump....

NO TO CALIPARI....

I say Dolan pays 12 million for Jackson as he will view him as the savior to make the amare/melo situation work...unless of course we can trade stat which we cannot