My "Anti-Melo Knick Fans" Rant thread

KBlack25

Starter
Did I sayb they came out the same year??? RIF

You said Lebron and Melo were 1/1a coming out of high school. So you were saying they were 1 OR 1a in each respective year that they came out of high school, but in different years? If that's what you meant, it's certainly not what you said. Saying someone and someone else are 1/1a means that they are 1/1a at the same time. Otherwise the slash is improper in the sentence. (See, e.g. when people say Revis and Asomugha are 1/1a in CB rankings - they are saying they are 1/1a together, not separately). If you wanted to say they were 1 OR 1a in the years they respectively came out, that's different. But you didn't say that. You said something else.

Still not sure how it's relevant though.

You can just admit you made a mistake. It's no big deal.

Rioferd

Benchwarmer
Melo has done ok in this series.

Its stat who should get his ass handed to him. I can't believe we haven't fined him for his stupid behaviour.

jimkcchief88

All Star
You said Lebron and Melo were 1/1a coming out of high school. So you were saying they were 1 OR 1a in each respective year that they came out of high school, but in different years? If that's what you meant, it's certainly not what you said. Saying someone and someone else are 1/1a means that they are 1/1a at the same time. Otherwise the slash is improper in the sentence. (See, e.g. when people say Revis and Asomugha are 1/1a in CB rankings - they are saying they are 1/1a together, not separately). If you wanted to say they were 1 OR 1a in the years they respectively came out, that's different. But you didn't say that. You said something else.

Still not sure how it's relevant though.

You can just admit you made a mistake. It's no big deal.

Let's make a deal. I will admit I made a mistake when you admit your whole dumb ass thread was a mistake. Bron and Melo were 1/1a coming out obviously because Bron went 1 and Melo went 3. The only reason I mentioned high school was because never Bron went to college. My mistake was assuming a simpleton could dicern the obvious. My bad.

Last edited:

KBlack25

Starter
Let's make a deal. I will admit I made a mistake when you admit your whole dumb ass thread was a mistake. Bron and Melo were 1/1a coming out obviously because Bron went 1 and Melo went 3. The only reason I mentioned high school was because never Bron went to college. My mistake was assuming a simpleton could dicern the obvious. My bad.

That's not what you said though. You said they were 1/1a coming out of high school - you didn't discern or flush out that LEBRON was coming out of HS and Carmelo wasn't. In fact, you did the opposite. Your statement clearly says that you thought LeBron and Melo came out of HS at the same time, especially because in the next sentance you mention Carmelo made a pit stop in college after HS. You said "Bron and Melo were 1/1a coming out of High School. The only difference is Melo made a pit stop in college...". This clearly indicates that you believed they came out of HS the same year, but Melo stopped over in college after HS was done.

You didn't say they were 1/1a in the DRAFT when LeBron came out of High School and Carmelo came out of college, which is apparently what you meant? But it's definitely NOT what you said.

Or is it now that I caught you making up facts that you are backpedaling? You can admit you made a mistake dude. It's not a big deal.

Though I am still not sure what a player's position in the draft means? Eddy Curry, Tyson Chandler and Kwame Brown were all pretty close coming out of HS - I don't think that's relevant now.

KBlack25

Starter
I lost all respect for you when you said you would "rather have Melo than Lebron".

That's beyond ridiculous.

Right exactly my whole point in this thread.

LeBron is the best NBA player in the world, period. It's not a slight to Melo to say Bron is better. I wouldn't say anyone right now is.

STAT1

Starter
Lebron_Melo.jpg

LV&C

Benchwarmer
I do not like Lebron for the same reason many people do but if you want a championship, you would want to have Lebron on your team. I would even go as far as saying that I do not want a championship if it means Lebron would be on our team (even if hypothetically) but then people would say I am a fake Knicks fan. :boohoo:

STAT1

Starter
For all of Lebron's talent, he still has as many rings on his finger that Melo has, none. Yes he carried his crappy Cavs team to the Finals but this is a player that often shies away from taking the big shot in crunchtime. For my money I'd rather have a guy like Kobe who embraces the chance to take & make the game winner every chance he gets. Melo isn't on either one of their levels, but who is realistically? We're talking about 2 first ballot once in a generation type players here in Kobe & Lebron. Melo is the best player the Knicks could ever have hoped to get after Lebron chose to take his talents to South Beach, and it still kills me how much lack of respect the guy gets and the amount of blame people place on his shoulders for the shortcomings of other players on this team. If Lebron doesn't win a ring this year, people will say it's OK because he lost 1 of his main guys during the playoff run. Melo would never get the same benefit of the doubt from the general public, because everyone has been brainwashed into believing the guy is a selfish me-first player that cannot play in a team concept.

STAT1

Starter
Lebron shrinks away from the pressure once again in crunchtime tonight. The best & most talented player in the NBA, but he passes up multiple opportunities to take the game winning shot for his team in the closing seconds & bricks 2 huge free throws down the stretch. For all the criticism that Melo gets, he would have taken the shot in a similar situation. He's not afraid of the criticism, he welcomes the responsibility of taking that shot. Lebron shies away from it.

fender0577

Rotation player
For all of Lebron's talent, he still has as many rings on his finger that Melo has, none. Yes he carried his crappy Cavs team to the Finals but this is a player that often shies away from taking the big shot in crunchtime. For my money I'd rather have a guy like Kobe who embraces the chance to take & make the game winner every chance he gets. Melo isn't on either one of their levels, but who is realistically? We're talking about 2 first ballot once in a generation type players here in Kobe & Lebron. Melo is the best player the Knicks could ever have hoped to get after Lebron chose to take his talents to South Beach, and it still kills me how much lack of respect the guy gets and the amount of blame people place on his shoulders for the shortcomings of other players on this team. If Lebron doesn't win a ring this year, people will say it's OK because he lost 1 of his main guys during the playoff run. Melo would never get the same benefit of the doubt from the general public, because everyone has been brainwashed into believing the guy is a selfish me-first player that cannot play in a team concept.
:agreed::agreed::agreed:

Lebron shrinks away from the pressure once again in crunchtime tonight. The best & most talented player in the NBA, but he passes up multiple opportunities to take the game winning shot for his team in the closing seconds & bricks 2 huge free throws down the stretch. For all the criticism that Melo gets, he would have taken the shot in a similar situation. He's not afraid of the criticism, he welcomes the responsibility of taking that shot. Lebron shies away from it.
And...:agreed::agreed::agreed:I love watching LBJ shy away from the last shot time and time again, but you have guys in here who love him, but it is what it is.I know how good he is, but , he seems to lack the heart to close games out.

jimkcchief88

All Star
I can't believe we are still have this discussion. Can you imagine back in the day polling Knicks fans: who is better Ewing or ZO???? C'mon man what a bunch of bogus KNICKS fans.

That being said, Melo has more skill, Bron is more physical. Melo's jumper is WAY better than that flat shot Bron shoots. If I'm defending Bron, I let him have that broke flat jumper all day. Bron is a beast physically and uses it to his advantage. That's why that call him the train because he bullies his way to the goal and nobody is fool enough to stand in front of him and take a charge. Melo, on the otherhand is a Melo fellow that uses finesse to get the defender off-balance as he gets to the rack. I will give Bron a small advantage with ball-handling, though Melo isn't shabby. And I think they are both great passers, though Bron has more assists because he uses his ball-handling skills in the open floor pretty well. And as has been well documented, Bron doesn't want or chokes big shots while Melo is the best closer in the next to Kobe and wants the ball in his hand for the big shot. This last asset makes Melo way better in my book and the fact he chose to come to the KNICKS instead of southbeach. Again, KNICKS fans that think our biggest rivals' best player is better than our best player are BOGUS Knicks fans. the end

CA7

Scoring Champ
I take Melo at his best over anyone in the NBA period, 2008-2009 Melo is a top 3 NBA player and thats a fact

orangeblobman

Rotation player
08-09 Melo? Top 3?

Tony Campbell dropped 23.2 points per game for Minny in 1990, and 21.8 in 1991 and he's still a bum.

08-09 is a long time and thousands of donuts ago. Melo doesn't play good team basketball, that's the bottom line, and while he has strong individual talent he is throwing this in the garbage. Melo is like T-Mac and Iverson and Marbury, and Steve Francis. Same category of players.

jimkcchief88

All Star
08-09 Melo? Top 3?

Tony Campbell dropped 23.2 points per game for Minny in 1990, and 21.8 in 1991 and he's still a bum.

08-09 is a long time and thousands of donuts ago. Melo doesn't play good team basketball, that's the bottom line, and while he has strong individual talent he is throwing this in the garbage. Melo is like T-Mac and Iverson and Marbury, and Steve Francis. Same category of players.

How about NBA player of the month for 2012 then? You say 2008 was ages ago, and then bring up a forgotten player from 1991? And that makes sense how?

KBlack25

Starter
How about NBA player of the month for 2012 then? You say 2008 was ages ago, and then bring up a forgotten player from 1991? And that makes sense how?

LeBron won the MVP.

Melo won player of the month.

Not sure why thinking LeBron, the best player alive, is better than Melo makes me a bogus Knicks fan. I root for Melo more, but I also root for Shumpert, Lin, Amare, Chandler, Novak, Baron Davis and anyone in a Knicks uniform more than anyone in the league. Doesn't mean any of those guys have more talent than LeBron.

iSaYughh

Starter
That being said, Melo has more skill

You revoked every right to call yourself a knowledgeable basketball fan after that.

Comparing their passing games to one another is also one of the more clearly foolish things anybody could say, though.

Melo has more skill at shooing. That's it.

Why make these fool assed statements -- it's like you *want* people to drop fact that makes Melo look bad, and wanna make Melo look like a chump.....

YuvalNYC

Rotation player
Melo is NOT better than LeBitch..

That said, I would still never want to have LeBitch on the Knicks.
I would rather have a team that will beat LeBitch than have him on our team. I was happy than in `10 he didnt come here.

jimkcchief88

All Star
You revoked every right to call yourself a knowledgeable basketball fan after that.

Comparing their passing games to one another is also one of the more clearly foolish things anybody could say, though.

Melo has more skill at shooing. That's it.

Why make these fool assed statements -- it's like you *want* people to drop fact that makes Melo look bad, and wanna make Melo look like a chump.....

Bron is a brute power player, while MELO uses finesse to get the job done. As far as passing even JVG said MELO makes passes routinely few can make. Stop swinging off Bron's nuts for a minute and watch sometime....