My "Anti-Melo Knick Fans" Rant thread

jimkcchief88

All Star
LeBron won the MVP.

Melo won player of the month.

Not sure why thinking LeBron, the best player alive, is better than Melo makes me a bogus Knicks fan. I root for Melo more, but I also root for Shumpert, Lin, Amare, Chandler, Novak, Baron Davis and anyone in a Knicks uniform more than anyone in the league. Doesn't mean any of those guys have more talent than LeBron.

That MVP award didn't help him or the HEAT tonight lol:) dwade went 3-13.... What efficiency rating is that oh master of mathematics?:) Your boy Spo is not gonna survive this....

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Bron is a brute power player, while MELO uses finesse to get the job done.....

So why is it that Melo's referred to as The Beast On The Block, and we heard him labelled as a BULLY offensively? If anything, I'd say that Melo's more inclined to use force over finesse backing down whereas LeBron uses momentum to propell himself and at 260 that's his advantage. I've never heard him called a bully.

Maybe you should stop pooping from your mouth. Mouth Pooper.

MeloforMayor

BALL DON'T LIE
Crazy⑧s;236448 said:
So why is it that Melo's referred to as The Beast On The Block, and we heard him labelled as a BULLY offensively? If anything, I'd say that Melo's more inclined to use force over finesse backing down whereas LeBron uses momentum to propell himself and at 260 that's his advantage. I've never heard him called a bully.

Agreed. Melo is a very physical player. Arguably the most physical in his position when it comes to offense. I think the only reason why some call him a "finesse" player is because Melo tends to fall inlove with the ill-advised fadeaway jumpshots from time to time.

jimkcchief88

All Star
Crazy⑧s;236448 said:

Do you actually watch basketball or just do game threads? Bron throws his weight around big time esp when going to the rack, which is why they call him "train.". And what does a train do when you get caught on the track? It runs you over. MELO is a Melofellow that prefers to go around defenders, not thru them. Stick to the game threads.

jimkcchief88

All Star
Agreed. Melo is a very physical player. Arguably the most physical in his position when it comes to offense. I think the only reason why some call him a "finesse" player is because Melo tends to fall inlove with the ill-advised fadeaway jumpshots from time to time.

MELO uses his body when posting up sure. But watch him as he gets to the rack. He shakes defenders and goes around them. That's where the finesse comes in. But you gotta know what you are looking at to appreciate it.

KBlack25

Starter
That MVP award didn't help him or the HEAT tonight lol:) dwade went 3-13.... What efficiency rating is that oh master of mathematics?:) Your boy Spo is not gonna survive this....

Wade shot extremely poorly. I'm thrilled to see the Heat on the ropes. Who knew straining his abdomen would show us exactly how important Chris Bosh is to the Heat.

Still not sure what your point is though.

Red

TYPE-A
Wade shot extremely poorly. I'm thrilled to see the Heat on the ropes. Who knew straining his abdomen would show us exactly how important Chris Bosh is to the Heat.

Still not sure what your point is though.

I think the point was that as good as Lebron is, he still needs a team to win- thus Melo (and other stars) need to be surrounded with talent also before we expect them to consistantly win playoff games.

To go further, it shows the impoortance of a solid big...

as well as the limitations of America's Favorite team, who should have been crowned before the season was played.

The Heat aren't as strong as advertised, its a team game, and the Knicks aren't that far off. A few moves here and there, some luck, and good coaching and we could be looked at as having as much a chance of winning as anyone.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Do you actually watch basketball or just do game threads? Bron throws his weight around big time esp when going to the rack, which is why they call him "train.". And what does a train do when you get caught on the track? It runs you over. MELO is a Melofellow that prefers to go around defenders, not thru them. Stick to the game threads.

You try and break down my other post as slowly as possible, re-think, come back........actually don't bother. Are you really on here begging for another flogging for your stupidity?

Stick to clich? comments, they're befitting of your asininity.

KnickolasMGL

Benchwarmer
If anything,
Melo should bulk up, not lose weight,

he's got a lot of advantage in the post with his skills set,

running and leaping just ain't his thing, never been.

fender0577

Rotation player
If anything,
Melo should bulk up, not lose weight,

he's got a lot of advantage in the post with his skills set,

running and leaping just ain't his thing, never been.
I disagree, he shouldn't lose or gain anything, he should just tighten up what he has, get a little more stamina.We need him on the court for longer stretches at a time.

KBlack25

Starter
I think the point was that as good as Lebron is, he still needs a team to win- thus Melo (and other stars) need to be surrounded with talent also before we expect them to consistantly win playoff games.

To go further, it shows the impoortance of a solid big...

as well as the limitations of America's Favorite team, who should have been crowned before the season was played.

The Heat aren't as strong as advertised, its a team game, and the Knicks aren't that far off. A few moves here and there, some luck, and good coaching and we could be looked at as having as much a chance of winning as anyone.

Nah. Dude was out here saying Melo was better than LeBron.

LBJ got to the finals with Boobie Gibson, Zydrunas Ilgauskas, and Anderson Varejao in the starting lineup.

I agree it's a team game. But individually to say Melo is better than LeBron is ludicrous. If you have the same teammates, a team with LeBron does better than a team with Melo.

Red

TYPE-A
Nah. Dude was out here saying Melo was better than LeBron.

LBJ got to the finals with Boobie Gibson, Zydrunas Ilgauskas, and Anderson Varejao in the starting lineup.

I agree it's a team game. But individually to say Melo is better than LeBron is ludicrous. If you have the same teammates, a team with LeBron does better than a team with Melo.

Ok, but isn't it relative? While Lbj may be quicker, faster, stronger, Melo has a better outside and midrange shot. He's better in the post and scoring over defenders on him.

To say Melo couldn't achieve the same as Lbj (all other things like teammates being equal) to me cannot be calculated. Who knows... perhaps Melo closes out a few games where LBJ didn't. Perhaps he draws more fouls throughout and changes the dynamics, its fluid, we'll never know.

I'll say that while statistically Lebron is better, there are other intangibles not measured. And of course how they coexist with their teams count. If we judge by that, then no matter how better Lbj may be, it still hasen't been enough to get the chip. So what's the point?

KBlack25

Starter
Ok, but isn't it relative? While Lbj may be quicker, faster, stronger, Melo has a better outside and midrange shot. He's better in the post and scoring over defenders on him.

To say Melo couldn't achieve the same as Lbj (all other things like teammates being equal) to me cannot be calculated. Who knows... perhaps Melo closes out a few games where LBJ didn't. Perhaps he draws more fouls throughout and changes the dynamics, its fluid, we'll never know.

I'll say that while statistically Lebron is better, there are other intangibles not measured. And of course how they coexist with their teams count. If we judge by that, then no matter how better Lbj may be, it still hasen't been enough to get the chip. So what's the point?

Well then what's the point either way?

What's the point of having DRose? Durant? Howard? Bosh? CP3? Deron? None of these guys have done enough to win a title yet. That doesn't mean their talent should be ignored and that we can't try to adequately compare them.

I'm just saying on both ends of the court, in terms of an overall game LeBron is better - I think LBJ makes his teammates better much more than Melo does; I think LBJ plays better defense than Melo does; I think LBJ is more explosive to the hole than Melo is; and I think LBJ performs at an insanely high level more consistently than Melo does. Certain things Melo does better - Melo is a better pure shooter, but the advantage Melo has in scoring does not outweigh the insane defensive advantage LeBron gives you over Melo.

BTW, they draw fouls at a similar clip - Melo has 4041 FTs to LeBron's 4540 (LeBron has played 40 more games).

Red

TYPE-A
Well then what's the point either way?

What's the point of having DRose? Durant? Howard? Bosh? CP3? Deron? None of these guys have done enough to win a title yet. That doesn't mean their talent should be ignored and that we can't try to adequately compare them.

I'm just saying on both ends of the court, in terms of an overall game LeBron is better - I think LBJ makes his teammates better much more than Melo does; I think LBJ plays better defense than Melo does; I think LBJ is more explosive to the hole than Melo is; and I think LBJ performs at an insanely high level more consistently than Melo does. Certain things Melo does better - Melo is a better pure shooter, but the advantage Melo has in scoring does not outweigh the insane defensive advantage LeBron gives you over Melo.

BTW, they draw fouls at a similar clip - Melo has 4041 FTs to LeBron's 4540 (LeBron has played 40 more games).

To the first point you made, the diference is some do certain things better than others, its about how do we as a team value those skills? Rose may penetrate, CP3 may be a better on-ball defender, etc...

But I hear you. I still gotta support our guy. F*ck LeBron, his fouls were ticky-tack...lol

More to the OP, who's better (for us)

Bosh or STAT? Oops wrong thread

skisloper

Starter
I think its a safe bet if anyone starting a team can pick any player in the NBA to be on it Lebron would be the first pick.
JR second

rogeryy

Benchwarmer
I think its a safe bet if anyone starting a team can pick any player in the NBA to be on it Lebron would be the first pick.
JR second

I most definitely will not pick the flop master Lebron at all. I think he's a disgrace to this sport. I would not know how to explain to my children for this kind of dirty act.

And I remember Heat is down right now (Pacers vs Heat: 2 to 1). Lebron is simply not a guarantee.

orangeblobman

Rotation player
I most definitely will not pick the flop master Lebron at all. I think he's a disgrace to this sport. I would not know how to explain to my children for this kind of dirty act.

And I remember Heat is down right now (Pacers vs Heat: 2 to 1). Lebron is simply not a guarantee.

How do you explain to your children when Melo quits on his coach by dogging it?

I'll take a flopper over a passive-aggressive moron any day of the week.

And while LeBron might not be a guarantee, you still take him because he is simply the best player in basketball and he has many years left to play.

jimkcchief88

All Star
Crazy⑧s;236466 said:
You try and break down my other post as slowly as possible, re-think, come back........actually don't bother. Are you really on here begging for another flogging for your stupidity?

Stick to clich? comments, they're befitting of your asininity.

I won't bother thank you. I enjoy your game threads, you enjoy Bron's nuts in your mouth. Let's just leave it at that:)

jimkcchief88

All Star
How do you explain to your children when Melo quits on his coach by dogging it?

I'll take a flopper over a passive-aggressive moron any day of the week.

And while LeBron might not be a guarantee, you still take him because he is simply the best player in basketball and he has many years left to play.

How about Dwade quitting on his coach in the middle of a playoff game and making a scene on national tv? Stop taking MELO to task on stupid, everyday stuff. If MELO was white" he would be being a leader...". D'ant wasn't doing the job period and MELO called him out. And yes, I just played the "race card."