My "Anti-Melo Knick Fans" Rant thread

rogeryy

Benchwarmer
I don't think it has anything to do with race.

Fans criticize players everyday.
You have over 1200 posts. Are they all compliments to players?

Cuckoo

Benchwarmer
How about Dwade quitting on his coach in the middle of a playoff game and making a scene on national tv? Stop taking MELO to task on stupid, everyday stuff. If MELO was white" he would be being a leader...". D'ant wasn't doing the job period and MELO called him out. And yes, I just played the "race card."
DWade didnt quit on his coach; he called him out.

Melo didnt call out his coach; he quit on him.

Lets not get all the facts twisted.

orangeblobman

Rotation player

When in doubt, play the "race card".

A good strategy in the 1990s and 2000s, but getting old really quick.

Boy who cried wolf.

Tokie420

Benchwarmer
How do you explain to your children when Melo quits on his coach by dogging it?

I love melo but that still bugs me. It was inexcusable. I also hate how he argues no calls instead of getting back up the court. If theres one aspect of Melos game I still question its maturity/commitment. He needs to grow up. I will say after the dantoni thing, and it became apparent that he dogged it, I saw glimmers of hope under woodson. The scary part though is how much longer is it going to take before he grows up and gives his full commitment to winning. Its been 8 years and he still does alot of petty crying, he doesnt fully commit to his off season workouts, and still takes plays, even games, off on defense. If he fully commited theres no doubt he can be a top 5 player. He has great D in him(no homo) and his passing skills are greatly under appreciated. It just comes down to the lack of commitment. I hope this miami series and season in general, was his wake up call. I hope he was embarrassed. I hope he realizes that his playoff record is embarrassing. I hope he comes out like a machine next year. Only time will tell, but theres no more excuses...JUST GROW THE **** UP

Paul1355

All Star
If melo is a choker, then we wouldve been better off with the choke artist Lebron because at least he takes his teams deep right? Melo just needed help getting through the playoffs but in crunch time, he's money. well he was supposed to be, right? i guess we really missed out on lebron

Id still rather have melo than lebron (that may change if lebron is the catalyst for a championship victory)

you melo haters need to kick rocks. our first year with this team, a shortened season with NO offseason, a season riddled with injuries, a head coaching change, and melo and amare STILL havent had an offseason together yet. we played arguably the best and hungriest team in the league with the best defense and we lost with Lin and Shumpert inactive, Davis with a bad back, an injured Jeffries and now Amare, a flu-ridden Chandler, 70% of our starting lineup playing out of their natural positions, the Heat doubling melo, and our two ancient point guards WALKING up the court cause theyre in such bad physical shape and then swinging it to Melo or whoever and giving the Heat defense all this time to lock-up our guys. no lets just blame melo. i HATE the fact that we got bitch smacked by the heat and we gave them all this momentum going forward (i DESPISE this heat team) but blaming melo is ridiculous

I agree, Melo carried us....however we need a PG to faciliatate the offense because Melo is not a distributor.

We need Lin to be like Rondo is for Boston.

STAT1

Starter

D Wade had one of the most ridiculously bad playoff performances I've ever seen in that game, & he let his emotions get the better of him during that exchange w/Spoelstra. That's not what I would call "calling out his coach", I call it a complete lack of leading by example. If Melo had ever had that kind of exchange with D'Antoni & played with such ineptitude during a playoff game, Knick fans & media would be all over his case, let's be honest.